Sponsored

MMR Custom Blower Cams

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone here used them? Saw that MMR has their own custom grind cams for the S550 for N/A and for Blower cars. You have to upgrade the valve springs with their cams. Just wanted to see if anyone has them and how they perform vs stock cams. Thanks
[MENTION=10628]Mod Mustang Racing[/MENTION]
Sponsored

Last edited:

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
lol here we are again another cam thread. The lack of specs and info from the vendors is driving me insane. who in the world would buy cams without knowing the specs.

"custom" cams means nothing to me. might as well say ohh well we offer cams.

OP
OP
arieso94z28

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just saw that they sell custom cams. N/A and Blower cams. Both have stages 1-3. They do not have cam specs on their website that i saw.

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They don't want to give out their "custom" cam grinds. You can't go wrong with either company. I would not add cams with a stock motor. Raise your boost level a couple of pounds..

OP
OP
arieso94z28

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They don't want to give out their "custom" cam grinds. You can't go wrong with either company. I would not add cams with a stock motor. Raise your boost level a couple of pounds..
Im just thinking outside the box here......how do we know or not know that maybe just maybe we could add these cams and run less boost and make equal if not more power than we would with stock cams and more boost??? Less stress on the engine with less boost but same or more power would be awesome. Im like you guys, i want to see results on a S550 platform with these cams that are offered.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Im just thinking outside the box here......how do we know or not know that maybe just maybe we could add these cams and run less boost and make equal if not more power than we would with stock cams and more boost??? Less stress on the engine with less boost but same or more power would be awesome. Im like you guys, i want to see results on a S550 platform with these cams that are offered.
The stock cams have been proven to be great. I'm not a fan of MMR simply because you want proof that their "SC/Turbo" cams are better than stock, and their answer is.. "well look at our 2K HP drag car." I wouldn't spend the, going to assume, $2k~ for custom ground cams when the stock ones are just fine.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
i can provide my personal input here. this is NOT bad mouthing MMR. there was nothing WRONG with my cams. just they run super tiny duration that dont really make power. my car at the time was making 1000 to the tire with a F1C. with regular off the shelf comp stage 3s. i ordered the "super awesome custom mmr cams" from them and got the same story. "they are in out 2000 hp car" so whatever. i install the cams, degree them in, car looses 80 wheel. i call them up and they more or less refused to get me the specs. after asking them for almost a year i finally got them to give me the specs and they were MUCH smaller than what i had in there already. i more or less went from a stage 3 comp to a stage 1-1.5 cam. i later did my own custom grinds straight through comp and picked up 200 Wheel over the mmr cams.
again nothing WRONG with the mmr cams. they are just WEAK ass cams. very small.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
So what are the specs of the "custom cams" you have now?

blows my mind everyone just says custom cams without really anyone giving out the specs.

Gee a lot more people would do cams if it wasnt such a damn guessing game!

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what are the specs of the "custom cams" you have now?

blows my mind everyone just says custom cams without really anyone giving out the specs.

Gee a lot more people would do cams if it wasnt such a damn guessing game!
mine wont really apply to OP as this is is now a 1500hp blower coyote. but they are 248/260

orinially i was making 1000 through a manual with a f1c on 19# i had stage 3's which are 236/243. i lost 80 wheel going with the mmrs which ended up being 22X/23X (i dont remember off the top of my head.) i will look. a mod motor is VERY sensitive to duration.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
looking for specs on the ones you have now that you had custom done.

lift? duration? lsa?

id really like to compile a cam spec list but getting specs is like pulling teeth when everyone just says "custom specs"

i honestly feel the community deserves a decent cam spec list without guessing.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking for specs on the ones you have now that you had custom done.

lift? duration? lsa?

it really like to compile a cam spec list but getting specs is like pulling teeth when everyone just says "custom specs"

i honestly feel the community deserves a decent cam spec list without guessing.

turbo cams are going to be different than blower cams of course. as well as rpm and intake combination.

mine currently are 248/260 @.050 115+0 LSA .576/.512 lift at the valve on a 115 centerline

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Thank you!

yes i realize blower vs turbo vs NA cams are going to be different.

Personally i want to build a 550whp plus NA car and go with my own spec'd cams aswell they will be a Comp Stage 3 / Voodoo hybrid using the comp stage 3 duration but the voodoo lift.

so something like duration 271 intake 285 exhaust with .550 lift and 131 LSA.

those would be the biggest NA cams i can find.

The comp stage 3s have good duration but crap lift and since i plan on using ported coyote heads from a member on here that flow over 340 cfm more lift than what the comps offer should go great with the ported heads.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!

yes i realize blower vs turbo vs NA cams are going to be different.

Personally i want to build a 550whp plus NA car and go with my own spec'd cams aswell they will be a Comp Stage 3 / Voodoo hybrid using the comp stage 3 duration but the voodoo lift.

so something like duration 271 intake 285 exhaust with .550 lift and 131 LSA.

those would be the biggest NA cams i can find.

The comp stage 3s have good duration but crap lift and since i plan on using ported coyote heads from a member on here that flow over 340 cfm more lift than what the comps offer should go great with the ported heads.

lift is going to be determined by what the head flows more than anything. the heads are going to "stall" at a certain lift. so get the heads done and flowed first, then you will have your target lift. also the bigger the port and the more camshaft, the longer the runner and the higher you will have to spin it. keep that in mind. also you might want to talk to comp as their cores might not support enough lift for a vodoo cam. might start eating into the base circle too much.
Sponsored