Sponsored

MMR Custom Blower Cams

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Can you please list the specs of your cams! I dont believe MMR lists them. Are they much different than the NA Comp Cams?

I really need to compile a Cam spec inventory so we all dont have to go on a goose chase for cam specs or get the typical "ohh we offer custom cams" which doesnt do anyone any good without knowing the specs!

yah good luck on getting their specs.. .like i said, took me almost a year of arguing

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I run MMR NA grind cams (comp). Unless you're going max effort, I wouldn't touch the cams on FI.

If you're seeing valve float, then it may be worth looking into upgrading to custom grinds, VCT lockouts, and valve springs.
do you have the a specs on yours? or just throw a set of mmr cams in?

If you dont know how do you know if they arent just comp stage 1 or 2 or 3s? wrapped in a mmr box?

as others have mentioned not many places actually grind cams MMR and JPC dont. they send them off for to be groumd for whatever specs they ask for.

i cant fathom how someone could set an engine up with out knowing the cam specs! sure sounds dangerous to tune aswell if the tuner doesnt know what they are either.

Sure sounds like hail marry engine building and hope for the best once the time slip or dyno sheet is printed.

Meh fuck it i dont need to know specs lets just slap it together and see how she shakes out!?!?! :frusty:

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do you have the a specs on yours? or just throw a set of mmr cams in?

If you dont know how do you know if they arent just comp stage 1 or 2 or 3s? wrapped in a mmr box?

as others have mentioned not many places actually grind cams MMR and JPC dont. they send them off for to be groumd for whatever specs they ask for.

i cant fathom how someone could set an engine up with out knowing the cam specs! sure sounds dangerous to tune aswell if the tuner doesnt know what they are either.

Sure sounds like hail marry engine building and hope for the best once the time slip or dyno sheet is printed.

Meh fuck it i dont need to know specs lets just slap it together and see how she shakes out!?!?! :frusty:

i have to find mine. they are advertised as "stage 3 custom blower cams" i was supposed to get them when they got there but they never came with any specs. its a long story trust me lol

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
^^^ Agreed, [MENTION=25095]16MustangVet[/MENTION].

As of this year, I'm retiring myself from engine building for the general public after doing it in my spare time for well over 20 years. I shudder to think how many hours of my life I've spent poring over cam specs in that time. One of the more critical components to power production....

On that note, I wonder how many folks know what a degree wheel is anymore. Or how to use one. ;)

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As of this year, I'm retiring myself from engine building for the general public after doing it in my spare time for well over 20 years. I shudder to think how many hours of my life I've spent poring over cam specs in that time. One of the more critical components to power production....

On that note, I wonder how many folks know what a degree wheel is anymore. Or how to use one. ;)

use mine all the time ;)

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0

Thanks for the piece of mind and reassurance that im not the one losing my damn mind over the cam specs on this platform/engine!

No wonder most people say cams arent worth it on a coyote no one seems to know what the hell the specs are!!!!

Pretty hard to know what does and doesnt work when its a guessing game with cam info.

I really feel like these vendors are shamming the customers and hiding cam info what a shame but hey JPC, MMR ect. ect. offer "custom cams" what a joke.

Im tempted to once i have a little bit more cash flow and im on this deployment come march to order a damn truck load of cams have them sent to L&M engines and get the specs for each then send them back!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Info on cams for this engine seem to be nebulous at best.

I haven't really looked into Coyote cams in any real depth, mind you, but the ones I have glanced at online didn't offer much of any useful info. I'm puzzled as to why everyone doesn't supply notation with VCT out of the equation listing the typical duration, lift, and LSA.

It never used to be top secret, and was how you shopped for a damn camshaft! In addition, an educated person could mix and match specs for a custom grind for a specific combination.

:confused:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Comp Cams has always been my go-to in the past....looks like they supply actual data on their website on Coyote cams.

Better yet would be info on the actual valve events (intake/exhaust opening and closing timing). Harley cams are typically spec'd like this, and it helps a lot.

:thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
arieso94z28

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Update: i ordered these cams along with the valve springs and limiters. My advise to everyone with a 2015+ mustang gt is dont buy them. Ive had so much hell trying to get these to work right. Mostly because vct with the limiters was a pain. The intake phasers would drift real bad and wouldnt do as commanded in the tune. I tried for 2 weeks to get ahold of mmr's cam guy and finally got ahold of him today and told him my problems. He said everything should work and didn't understand why i was having these problems. He also suggested that i lock out the vct, which is not happening. Im not gonna get rid of the vct. My tuner suggested that mmr hasnt done testing on the 2015+ mustang gt's with these cams and limiters which i also agree with. Somehow the midlock phasers that the 2015+ mustangs have dont like limiters. I ended up replacing all 4 phasers to see if maybe they were messed up and still had the same problems. I got tired of tearing down the engine so i finally pulled the mmr cams out and put the stock cams back in. Car runs perfect with the stock cams. Guess ill be selling a set of mmr custom stage 2 blower cams of anyone is interested, lol.

Edit: wish I would of known the specs before buying them. Comp cam stage 2 blower cams are bigger than these ones.
Lift: .512intake .512exhaust
Duration [MENTION=27928]50[/MENTION]: 240intake 242exhaust
128 Lobe speration.

Last edited:

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: i ordered these cams along with the valve springs and limiters. My advise to everyone with a 2015+ mustang gt is dont buy them. Ive had so much hell trying to get these to work right. Mostly because vct with the limiters was a pain. The intake phasers would drift real bad and wouldnt do as commanded in the tune. I tried for 2 weeks to get ahold of mmr's cam guy and finally got ahold of him today and told him my problems. He said everything should work and didn't understand why i was having these problems. He also suggested that i lock out the vct, which is not happening. Im not gonna get rid of the vct. My tuner suggested that mmr hasnt done testing on the 2015+ mustang gt's with these cams and limiters which i also agree with. Somehow the midlock phasers that the 2015+ mustangs have dont like limiters. I ended up replacing all 4 phasers to see if maybe they were messed up and still had the same problems. I got tired of tearing down the engine so i finally pulled the mmr cams out and put the stock cams back in. Car runs perfect with the stock cams. Guess ill be selling a set of mmr custom stage 2 blower cams of anyone is interested, lol.

Edit: wish I would of known the specs before buying them. Comp cam stage 2 blower cams are bigger than these ones.
128 Lobe speration.

you kinda get the i told you so. lol their cams are SMALL like really small

OP
OP
arieso94z28

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah. I assumed mmr did their proper testing on what they sell but they don't test everything otherwise these cams would of worked with vct and limiters. Now im out alot of $$ and no one to blame but me.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That REALLY sucks....

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

128 Lobe speration.
What are your thoughts on the comp cams ?
So would you have done them instead or stuck with the stock cams ?
I am considering them(and the GT350 spec /GT firing order cams )with my GT 350 heads but afraid of potential driveability issues ,loss of low end torque .
Sponsored