Sponsored

Safe to assume no 2017 GT500 but why the 3 year platform wait?

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Totally agree. ZL1 is out with great reviews, ford needs to bring a competitor out sooner than later. 2-3 years from now and the competition will be on there way to the next gens.
Yep! I would never even consider a Chevy but have to admit the ZL1 is a beast!
Ford better bring it with the GT500. The ZL1 just matched or beat a Maclaren lap time with Randy P. driving (MotorTrend). Damn impressive!
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Ford better bring it with the GT500. The ZL1 just matched or beat a Maclaren lap time with Randy P. driving (MotorTrend). Damn impressive!
i read that this morning, very impressive. I personally am more into straight line as it's far more useable in daily use but still like a car that is capable. I'd like to see ford be a bit unique and make a car (like the ZL1) that is good at all 3 phases (strip, track, street) but best at strip (come on AWD!) I think that could really separate it from the other American cars. Oh I'd also welcome an interior trim package with leather/alcantara dash, pillars etc.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
i read that this morning, very impressive. I personally am more into straight line as it's far more useable in daily use but still like a car that is capable. I'd like to see ford be a bit unique and make a car (like the ZL1) that is good at all 3 phases (strip, track, street) but best at strip (come on AWD!) I think that could really separate it from the other American cars. Oh I'd also welcome an interior trim package with leather/alcantara dash, pillars etc.
You read my mind. That's exactly what I'm hoping for!! I'm ready to purchase now. Just hope it lives up to expectations! Looked at the HellCat way to big. Never cared for a Chevy of any model! So all my eggs are in the GT500 basket!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
You read my mind. That's exactly what I'm hoping for!! I'm ready to purchase now. Just hope it lives up to expectations! Looked at the HellCat way to big. Never cared for a Chevy of any model! So all my eggs are in the GT500 basket!
Same, hellcat is just too big for me. I currently have a '16 Z06 and while it's an awesome car, living in the PNW means I fight for traction for all but about 3 months of the year, and still you have to get the tires warmed up. I'm not loyal to anyone company really just what I feel is the best product for the money and my needs.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Same, hellcat is just too big for me. I currently have a '16 Z06 and while it's an awesome car, living in the PNW means I fight for traction for all but about 3 months of the year, and still you have to get the tires warmed up. I'm not loyal to anyone company really just what I feel is the best product for the money and my needs.
I feel ya. I just sold a modified Porsche Turbo. Everybody thinks I'm crazy now that I'm looking at a Mustang! As great as the Porsche was it was boring after a while. Want something a little more balls! Hope it fits the bill!

Sponsored

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
the zl1 just matched or beat the mclaren lap time?that would be very impressive IF the zl1 was dynoed before that run to see if it was stock or another chevy RINGER car.:lol:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
One thing I think most enthusiastis will agree on is that the new ZL1 has raised the overall performance bar. Regardless of brand loyalty, looks (subjective), you have to admit that this thing just flat-out performs.
Road Course âś” 1/4 mile âś” Street manners âś”

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
One thing I think most enthusiastis will agree on is that the new ZL1 has raised the overall performance bar. Regardless of brand loyalty, looks (subjective), you have to admit that this thing just flat-out performs.
No doubt! It gets the job done. Hard to fault for the money. The styling and interior just don't do it for me at all. But like you said that subjective!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I've bought Fords all my life... NEVER have bought a Chevy, but if I can line up the right deal on a Grand Sport, it's all mine. Don't want no FI Chevy though, no matter how good it is.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry, the GT500 will put the ZL1 in it's place.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It remains to be seen whether the buying public will decide the bar has been raised and if it's enough. 0-60 and 1/4 from what I gather the ZL-1 is not faster than an older GT500. The ZL-1 will get decimated by a Hellcat if the Hellcat has the right tires.

Street manners? Really, that's your performance car criteria? :doh:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Whilst it won't be at the top of many people's criteria, in today's market a performance car needs to excel in many areas, and streetability (is that a word?) is important.

Lets face it, that's where most of these cars will spend 90% of their time, whether its a Mustang, Camaro, Ferrari or Porsche.

But, it still needs to be able to handle the track, the strip and put down A1 performance stats whilst being great to drive!

:)

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
All the talk about a new GT500 makes me wonder how I can get a GT350 before the GT500 arrives.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
It remains to be seen whether the buying public will decide the bar has been raised and if it's enough. 0-60 and 1/4 from what I gather the ZL-1 is not faster than an older GT500. The ZL-1 will get decimated by a Hellcat if the Hellcat has the right tires.

The ZL1 is going to be faster then a gt500 because it has the auto. Give it a few months until some guys start going to the track, I bet that car dips into high 10's and maybe 10'8s with tire. Gt500 maybe faster in roll race though. Won't get decimated by the hellcat, if they both have tires and autos I bet it's very close.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Don't worry, the GT500 will put the ZL1 in it's place.
That very well could be true, but when is that going to be no one wants to wait 2+ years for that to happen and then everybody else will be preparing for their next performance vehicle.
Sponsored