Sponsored

Poor resale value

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Yea dunno about that having owned the Tacoma and an FJ at one point i'd take those over any mopar product. Why did i have to put new brake lines on a 2 year old Jeep Cherokee? As god awful interior/comfort as they are Toyota does make reliable trucks.

On that note i wish i could afford a Raptor :-(
Why do 3 month old GT350's have to get new engines? Shit happens to all makes and models thats why they have warranties.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
If you bought a 2015 and put say..18,000 or 20,000 miles on it..you should expect to get only around $19,000 from a dealer on trade in or $25,000 private party on a $35,000ish paid price.
Exactly right. Afew months ago, I saw a huge number of used 2015 GTs on a Ford dealer lot. And they all had around 20,000 miles and were selling between $20,000 to $22,000. After I asked, these had come from rental companies once the car hit 20,000. I'm sure you could get them for less. This a car, you buy and drive it till it dies. :D

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Typically rentals ditch their cars between 20,000 and 30,000 miles. A lot of people think that they're a bad idea, and they can be in some cases. However a lot of the rental cars that I ran across (used to work in auto wholesale/repair) were actually fairly well kept when they were the "premium" cars, ie Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
The mustang is actually great compared to motorcycles... sport bikes especially. I have a 2012 ZX14r, paid $12,300 for it, 6k miles and would be lucky to get $5-6 for it.

Nothing mass produced really holds any value... bothers across the pond with mustangs excluded ;)

Find something expensive and rare for resale value

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
WHAT!!!! I gotta keep mine????:doh:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you want resale, take a time machine to the late '70s and buy an Oldsmobile. I've owned two Oldsmobiles in my life and sold both (private sale) for more than I paid for them new (with no trade-in). One was a dealer pricing mistake and the other was the buyer's dream car that was now discontinued.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
FakeJeep Cruiser. God the interior on those things are trash....of course there isnt much in the Toyota lineup that has a nice interior. I'll take the Wrangler every time.
I find them okay. Not the most refined interior but it's all about functionality.
They designed with all over sized controls so you can use them when wearing mittens.
Plus the Wrangler is not that much better so I don't know what your argument is.
These cars are not luxury SUVs.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Toyota reliability?

Yea dunno about that having owned the Tacoma and an FJ at one point i'd take those over any mopar product."
My nephew's Toyota Tacoma pickup, has had 3 major recalls, and been in the shop for warranty work six times. It is now in for the seventh time...and has been sitting for more than 3 weeks...because the parts have to come from Japan.
The only good thing...he has gotten to drive six different new loaner models.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased my 2016 GT used, but it was a Ford Corporate vehicle sold at a Ford Auction... I save a good amount of cash and am below blue book, but I plan on keeping mine for a long time so resale value was never a consideration for me. When it comes to "regular" daily drivers the toyota's and Honda's seem to hold their resale value better than american made cars... but in the end it all depends upon how long you plan on keeping the car. I gave my 2001 Honda CRV to my daughter for college and its getting close to 200k miles and going strong... she loves it and does not want to put any money into buying a vehicle at this time.. so she will probably drive it till it dies.. which could be a very long time....

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Yea dunno about that having owned the Tacoma and an FJ at one point i'd take those over any mopar product. Why did i have to put new brake lines on a 2 year old Jeep Cherokee? As god awful interior/comfort as they are Toyota does make reliable trucks.

On that note i wish i could afford a Raptor :-(
you're point is accurate for sure! :cheers:

yeah I'd take a raptor over any of it for sure.

Big boy toys come with a big boy price
the story of my life. lol

justang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL
I'll probably get flamed for this... but if you want something that holds its value, is sporty, and reliable - a honda S2000 fits the bill quite nicely. Over the past few years they have even been creeping up in value a bit.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't know about the last few years, but on the S197 5.0s I'd say long term resale has been OK. My 2011 GT Premium with 38k miles is still "worth" 16-17k trade in value, according to Edmunds and KBB. About half its original selling price for a 6 year old car isn't bad.

Granted I don't know if I can actually get a dealer to cut me a check for what those sites say it's worth.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I don't know about the last few years, but on the S197 5.0s I'd say long term resale has been OK. My 2011 GT Premium with 38k miles is still "worth" 16-17k trade in value, according to Edmunds and KBB. About half its original selling price for a 6 year old car isn't bad.

Granted I don't know if I can actually get a dealer to cut me a check for what those sites say it's worth.
Dealers go by Black Book and regional auction sales..

Most of the time if you walk in there saying your car is worth $17,000 on KBB they'll come back and offer you $11,000 because that's the bottom dollar that they see the cars sell for.

They'll maybe go up to $14,000, toss about $400 in "reconditioning" and maybe new tires/brakes at it, and put it on their lot for $21,000 for a handy $6,000 pure profit.
Sponsored