Sponsored

Lund tune GT350 IM, TB, and CAI

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
I have been running the gt350 manifold for a while with the stock Gt throttle body, mmr spacer/adapter, JLT cai, stock injectors and flex fuel tune. Runs great and drive ability was excellent.

The other thread about injectors really had me thinking so I went ahead and got the Ford racing 47lb injectors.

I then decided to take the chance and add the gt350 tb and gt350 cai I had laying around. I say chance because I've seen a few people talked about drive ability and little gains.

I installed the injectors, tb, and cai, with a new tune from lund.

Results. Great! Drivability is perfect! I do feel it is a bit more snappy. Which is great. However, the seat of the pants feel, feels the same. No significant feel in performance. I'm sure it's there at the top end, just hard to tell. I do feel safe with the injectors and duty cycles not maxed out.

So if your on the fence, as many have said, not a huge jump in the seat of the pants feel for power. I feel Lund has worked out the kinks as this thing drives perfect.

Just wanted to give some feed back as I know a few others have.
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
How can it not have a better seat of the pants feel? That's way too much money to lack it. First I've read it lacked it.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
How can it not have a better seat of the pants feel? That's way too much money to lack it. First I've read it lacked it.
I think he was only describing the second part with the injectors, tb, and cai.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I think he was only describing the second part with the injectors, tb, and cai.
This which is worth 10-15HP maximum and it only comes after 6000rpm, would be very hard to feel.

I dyno the stock TB and 350 TB on Lund tunes, the difference was 8-10HP at the crank after 6200rpm.

Mine also drives great on 350TB once warm, but cold start running is not as good as stock.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Going to be pretty hard to feel a 2% gain in power at the top of the range in my opinion.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
def a great combo, now that lund has had the chance to dial these throttle bodies in person , the tunes on them are very good.

doesn't get any better,

hit us up for all your lund tuning needs

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'm afraid to go this route which sucks. The cost of parts, tune and what your time is worth installing seems to be about a 3rd of the cost of a FI system. I guess if you went with a centrifugal or turbos you could still use the GT350 IM, TB and intake correct?

^
vultures-2.jpg

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm afraid to go this route which sucks. The cost of parts, tune and what your time is worth installing seems to be about a 3rd of the cost of a FI system. I guess if you went with a centrifugal or turbos you could still use the GT350 IM, TB and intake correct?

^

that is correct

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP

^
That's my game plan if I feel like I need more power but I'm very happy where I am now. Plus it's nice to have peace of mind on how simple and OEMish this set up is.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
That's my game plan if I feel like I need more power but I'm very happy where I am now. Plus it's nice to have peace of mind on how simple and OEMish this set up is.
Yep. There is no doubt the GT350 package is a nice clean look, requires no cutting, engine mounts, etc. I seen where someone picked up the IM, TB & intake for around 1200 shipped which if I can get it for that just might go that route. But we all know there is no such thing as "i feel like I don't need more power" or we'd just leave the car stock :D so I know eventually it's not going to be enough even though I don't utilize what I have.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

^
Yes and that's my plan. GT350 manifold and throttle body then down the road Either Paxton or Procharger I haven't decided yet. The GT350 manifold and throttle body will just add to the gains from a centrifugal sc or turbo.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I have been running the gt350 manifold for a while with the stock Gt throttle body, mmr spacer/adapter, JLT cai, stock injectors and flex fuel tune. Runs great and drive ability was excellent.

The other thread about injectors really had me thinking so I went ahead and got the Ford racing 47lb injectors.

I then decided to take the chance and add the gt350 tb and gt350 cai I had laying around. I say chance because I've seen a few people talked about drive ability and little gains.

I installed the injectors, tb, and cai, with a new tune from lund.

Results. Great! Drivability is perfect! I do feel it is a bit more snappy. Which is great. However, the seat of the pants feel, feels the same. No significant feel in performance. I'm sure it's there at the top end, just hard to tell. I do feel safe with the injectors and duty cycles not maxed out.

So if your on the fence, as many have said, not a huge jump in the seat of the pants feel for power. I feel Lund has worked out the kinks as this thing drives perfect.

Just wanted to give some feed back as I know a few others have.

Have you driven the cold from stone cold out of interest or do you let it warm up before driving?

I ask because mine drives touchy until oil temp registers normal and I wondered how yours drove whilst cold and if it was indeed as good as stock or better, then who at Lund tuned yours for you please?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I wouldn't think the flex fuel and bigger TB will give you much measurable HP. The TB and E85 will be very helpful for FI though. I wouldn't be surprised if the combo netted a 30hp+ gain with a centri setup.
Sponsored