Sponsored

Twin Turbo V6 Project

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I think I have found a local trusted tuner in central Arkansas. I have heard MPT is working on a forced induction flash tune. I am looking forward to that. DW 50# injectors are $370.

I don't know if you follow my build as well but today I received a good news! I finally found a tuner that can tune our V6! I looked everywhere around except near me...:doh: This shop is 15 minutes away from my house and I pass in front of them everyday on my way to work. They tune Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari,... They have a guy they call the Mustang freak :D

If you're ever interested here's a link to my project:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56879

Thanks for the update! I might upgrade my injectors later on if I push the turbo a little bit more... I wish I could reach 12PSI :crazy::D For now I will try to get 5-8PSI out of it and with bone stock engine.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
I don't know if you follow my build as well but today I received an good news! I finally found a tuner that can tune our V6! I looked everywhere around except near me...:doh: This shop is 15 minutes away from my house and I pass in front of them everyday on my way to work. They tune Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari,... They have a guy they call the Mustang freak :D

If you're ever interested here's a link to my project:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56879

Thanks for the update! I might upgrade my injectors later on if I push the turbo a little bit more... I wish I could reach 12PSI :crazy::D For now I will try to get 5-8PSI out of it and with bone stock engine.
I believe with a turbo setup, you will need new fuel injectors. Not 100% sure about it but it is intuitive that you will need to pump fore fuel to compensate for the more dense air flow

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe with a turbo setup, you will need new fuel injectors. Not 100% sure about it but it is intuitive that you will need to pump fore fuel to compensate for the more dense air flow
The tuner told me that I could use my stock injectors at 5PSI (8PSI max but no recommended). I'll see ;) I don't know how much lb/tq or hp I'll get with just 5PSI though...

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
The tuner told me that I could use my stock injectors at 5PSI (8PSI max but no recommended). I'll see ;) I don't know how much lb/tq or hp I'll get with just 5PSI though...
Im looking at running a out 5 psi as well with the addition of e85 picking the rest of the power

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im looking at running a out 5 psi as well with the addition of e85 picking the rest of the power
5PSI on each turbo though? or 2.5PSI on each? if so, you'll run 10PSI. My goal is 12PSI and hopefully I'll manage to do that this year:D

Sponsored

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
5PSI on each turbo though? or 2.5PSI on each? if so, you'll run 10PSI. My goal is 12PSI and hopefully I'll manage to do that this year:D
5 psi total. Going to get a feel for it and its reliability then might turn the boost up afterwards

sj90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 V6 Mustang
Unless you're somehow running these in series, that's not how it works. In a parallel system each turbo will be running the same PSI, and flow from each will add together to get your total flow.

In a sequential turbo system (series), the flow doesn't add but PSI will the way you described.

Either way, looking forward to both of your builds. I've been tempted to do something like this to my '12 but haven't the guts to yet.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Nice, looking forward to seeing how the install & tuning goes. Good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Received my installation kit from Super Six Motorsports as well as the gaskets I need for the headers and turbos! Next step: Intercooler, Fuel pump voltage booster, and boost controller. After that I will be ready for installation and tuning!
FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Excited for you! I cant wait to see how this turns out. Welcome to the turbo life!

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)