Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I just compared that to mine. The only line that is different is 776-03-01

Mine is 6457 0A46 32BE

Before just throwing some values in there though, maybe I'll consult some of the gurus in the as-built thread and see if they know already or can determine what that location modifies.

Does your car have automatic dual climate control? Not sure what else to ask to compare.
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I just compared that to mine. The only line that is different is 776-03-01

Mine is 6457 0A46 32BE
It would appear that value is the same in all GT350's that have cooled seats. Yours matches the value in my EB.

I have a feeling that this wouldn't be an as-built mod, but a software update to change the way the blower operates.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The suspense ... tweak line 776-03-01 and see what happens. :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I can't believe that such a poor design could be solved by a software tweak. It could be mitigated, ok, but entirely solved? Ford would have avoided to release a TSB producing a new part, that basically only avoids burning you and the seat.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It would appear that value is the same in all GT350's that have cooled seats. Yours matches the value in my EB.

I have a feeling that this wouldn't be an as-built mod, but a software update to change the way the blower operates.
Help me understand your reply. Are you comparing your value for that address to mine and saying there's no change? Mine is a regular EB, not a GT350 and I would expect our values to be the same right? Or are you saying that USMC0341 value is the same as other GT350s but different than ours and that it being the same as others means it wasn't an as-built change?

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Cooling seat design flaw...

Your central air conditioning system has a cooling unit separated from the 'heat dumping' unit. But if you put a room air conditioner in a sealed room, at first, cold air will come from one end. But since the heat is still circulating inside the room, eventually the room will get warmer and warmer.The electricity used in the system will be added to the heat already in the room.
There needs to be someplace for the heat to be dumped.
In our "cooling" seats, the heat is dumped back into the seat interior, eventually heating the seat rather than cooling it. There needs to be an exhaust duct which does not exist.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Help me understand your reply. Are you comparing your value for that address to mine and saying there's no change? Mine is a regular EB, not a GT350 and I would expect our values to be the same right? Or are you saying that USMC0341 value is the same as other GT350s but different than ours and that it being the same as others means it wasn't an as-built change?
The value for my EB matches yours, while USMC0341's value matches all GT350's with cooled seats. It's just a difference between the models, not something that was changed after a software update.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The value for my EB matches yours, while USMC0341's value matches all GT350's with cooled seats. It's just a difference between the models, not something that was changed after a software update.
:brokenheart: Well that's disappointing... I was really hoping his would be different from others and it might lead to an answer.

I think I'm going to give up on these cooled seats. Ford obviously doesn't know how to cool seats. I spent the money for them assuming they did. Lesson learned. The TSB did almost nothing and from reading experiences from others about the DIY fixes, I'm not convinced that will make a measurable difference either. I really had my hopes up for a bit there...

Darko66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Just curious how you came to this conclusion. I'm assuming you have access to additional data from other GT350 owners or something, but you didn't make that clear.

Perhaps USMC0341 could check the software version for the SCME module. They may have done a full software upgrade versus just a parameter change.

I only have access to the phone app for Forscan right now so I don't know if the Windows version provides more detail. It says the software version is V11 2009-12-07. It also says the strategy is BU5T-14C144AB.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Just curious how you came to this conclusion. I'm assuming you have access to additional data from other GT350 owners or something, but you didn't make that clear.
You can get an asbuilt for any newer Ford model from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt. So I just searched Autotrader for all GT350's across the country, then narrowed those down by the ones that have cooled seats only, and pulled a bunch of asbuilt files to look at that specific module. All of them shared the exact same value.

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
:brokenheart: Well that's disappointing... I was really hoping his would be different from others and it might lead to an answer.

I think I'm going to give up on these cooled seats. Ford obviously doesn't know how to cool seats. I spent the money for them assuming they did. Lesson learned. The TSB did almost nothing and from reading experiences from others about the DIY fixes, I'm not convinced that will make a measurable difference either. I really had my hopes up for a bit there...
I have a feeling that the surface material makes more of a difference than any software or hardware change can make, which is the reason that the GT350's could have better performing cooled seats. I don't believe there is enough airflow being directed towards the seat back to overcome the thicker material, plus air will always take the path of least resistance.

So...without adding additional airflow from the fan, and creating a slight restriction to the seat bottom, I'm not sure there really is a way to get more air to the backs. Might be a good excuse for new seat covers though :D

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Here's mine, different on at least 2 lines. I have a GT Auto Premium with dual air
I only see one line different and it's the same as mine. Just 776-03-01 right?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I just looked up my As Built info, and it's all the same as compared to RIBS and jbailer As Built for the "Driver Climate Control Seat Module". Mine is a 2015 GT Premium with dual climate control.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
Call me skeptical...

I got the run around by a few dealers saying the seats operate as designed. and no problem existed. Ford finally sent a field service engneer he could not find anything wrong. But he said there was a software update for the computer that controls the seat heating/cooling. After the update the seats "magically" work now. At no time did ford admit there was a problem but hey it works now so I'll take it.
I'm skeptical. The seats are very sensitive to initial temperature and ambient temperature (not the same thing when you consider a parked car soaking in sunlight on a 90F day will be at an initial temperature of well over 130F).

Even in Los Angeles, it has not been particularly warm the last few months (weather underground says avg. daytime high for LA downtown (not LAX on the coast) was only 65F) and storms have limited solar heating of cars above ambient.

Let the car heat up to 130F+ in the sunlight on a 90F+ day, and I'll reconsider.
Sponsored