Sponsored

Die hard Manual guys get in here!

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I'm a diehard manual guy and appreciate proper automatics. However, some of the stuff being said in this thread is ignorant and ridiculous, on both sides.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the thread said die hard manual guys come in? All the pro auto comments are unwanted. Yes auto is better for drag racing if you have limited mods but it seems to even out pretty close unless you go with a higher stall converter. Me personally though, unless your bracket racing or physically can not drive a manual why would you want a auto? Manual requires both arms and feet to drive while auto is only one of each, so why only get half the driving experience?

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Look at it this way: a man prefers a manual transmission if he's still in possession of his manhood.
If not, "he's" headed for a Crossover vehicle.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
One of the reasons I can't get a charger scat pack, it only comes in auto.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I thought the thread said die hard manual guys come in? All the pro auto comments are unwanted. Yes auto is better for drag racing if you have limited mods but it seems to even out pretty close unless you go with a higher stall converter. Me personally though, unless your bracket racing or physically can not drive a manual why would you want a auto? Manual requires both arms and feet to drive while auto is only one of each, so why only get half the driving experience?
Did you actually read the first post or just the title?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Look at it this way: a man prefers a manual transmission if he's still in possession of his manhood.
If not, "he's" headed for a Crossover vehicle.
Says the 5.5ft. 130 pound guy from San Francisco. With interesting lifestyle choices.:rolleyes:

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
maybe you need to go away from it muahaha

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Well, I agree with that. I don't think anyone is changing anyone's mind here though. I've read every page of this thread and it's just like every thread that asks this question. If you're a diehard manual guy, you're just not going to understand why people like paddles or the "sports mode."
I can't hope to change the mind of anybody who isn't on the fence already. On this or any other potentially contentious topic.

So anyway, I went down to the range yesterday, haven't been in over a month.

What does this have to do with this topic? Well, the benches I was seated at must have forced me to sit in such a way that my left knee was bent almost as far as it goes any more (only about 90°, old injury). It was sore and getting more so by the time I'd driven the 20 miles or so home.

And never at any time did I wish I was driving an automatic.

Ace-bandaged the knee after getting home, and it still is as I type this. I'll be off on the day's errands and what-not right after this posts without second thought. Be driving the 5M Maxima.

Norm

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
I've gone from manual to auto so many times I can't recall. Bottom line I told myself my next ride after the new edge Cobra would be an Audi SR5. Took one out for a spin. At the time, they only came with an auto. Not as much fun as I expected. Actually disappointing. Fell back to the Mustang GT manual. Much more fun. Age has nothing to do with it. What we are talking about is driving experience. Even with a paddle shifted auto, not as much fun as the manual. Doesn't matter which is quicker unless that is the purpose of the purchase. Just my $0.02.

Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Yea, I turned 70 last year and love the manual. I can't imagine going to an auto - as long as I'm driving, it will be a stick for me!

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Family SUV or family sedan = auto
Sports car = manual

Something primal about controlling as much of the beast as you can, and not let it do it automatically.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I love manual so much if i had to choose between my V6 manual or a auto hellcat. I would actually have to think it over

.....and id probably still keep my V6. Yea i know im crazy, dumb, moronic whatever. But i just dont enjoy auto....at all...not even in Forza.
Sponsored