Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Welp, that didn't take long. HVAC screen won't turn on. But it's ok, it's not like it's 95 degrees outside. Ugh. Hopefully when I get home I'll pull the negative battery terminal for a reset and it'll work.
Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Welp, that didn't take long. HVAC screen won't turn on. But it's ok, it's not like it's 95 degrees outside. Ugh. Hopefully when I get home I'll pull the negative battery terminal for a reset and it'll work.
that sucks. It happened to me too, and I tried the reset thing. It sometimes worked, but disconnecting your battery every other time you start your car is not feasible. I asked for a replacement and they sent one fairly quickly. If/when you do get the new "brain", make sure the 26 pin vehicle side connector is the last to get plugged in. I did that and it has been fine for 3 months now. I am hopeful that is lasts.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
so... I had my second Scosche brain die on me. The climate controls stopped working. When I contacted Scosche, they told me that they no longer stock the kit and do not have any spare main modules. Fak.

So I went ahead and ordered the metra, but in the mean time since the climate controls are the only part of the module that doesn't work I wanted to figure out what it needs to power my stereo, backup camera, etc.

It only needs one pin receiving 12V.

I connected the original panel to the two main connectors with a connecting wire going to power the module, and everything else to the Scosche module. Climate controls work and the module operates the head unit as normal.

As a back up I am thinking about cutting up both faceplates and frankensteining the original climate control section to the scosche face.

I know this has been a little winded, but.. Does anybody know if cutting the original circuit board in half at the CD slot will mess up the rest of the circuit board?

dogpig66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good luck!!! I've been waiting nearly 2 months for my Metra kit. Called Metra today and they said they are on backorder (waiting on parts from a supplier) and there is no estimated ship date. I currently have a $600 head unit in a box waiting for a dash kit. Glad I didn't go with the Scosche though.

so... I had my second Scosche brain die on me. The climate controls stopped working. When I contacted Scosche, they told me that they no longer stock the kit and do not have any spare main modules. Fak.

So I went ahead and ordered the metra, but in the mean time since the climate controls are the only part of the module that doesn't work I wanted to figure out what it needs to power my stereo, backup camera, etc.

I connected the original panel to the two main connectors with a connecting wire going to power the module, and everything else to the Scosche module. Climate controls work and the module operates the head unit as normal.

As a back up I am thinking about cutting up both faceplates and frankensteining the original climate control section to the scosche face.

I know this has been a little winded, but.. Does anybody know if cutting the original circuit board in half at the CD slot will mess up the rest of the circuit board?

Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof

wow! :eyebulge: So glad I didn't buy a headunit or even this installation kit. Such a shame that one can't install an aftermarket head unit without all the bugs associated with aftermarket HVAC controls. Looks like I'll be going the Sync 3 route with a harness incl. pre-amp outputs on it.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Good luck!!! I've been waiting nearly 2 months for my Metra kit. Called Metra today and they said they are on backorder (waiting on parts from a supplier) and there is no estimated ship date. I currently have a $600 head unit in a box waiting for a dash kit. Glad I didn't go with the Scosche though.
I ordered mine from Amazon, seller "Sound of Tri State Inc", and it shows arrived today. I am on my way to pick it up.

I am still playing around with the base Climate control/Scosche brain mash up.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP

So they basically told you that you're sol? No offer for a refund or anything? I hope they are willing to stand by the product. Same thing happened to me. I can see the hvac controls but neither the buttons or touchscreen respond. i didnt pay this much money to basically be told to fuck myself

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yup, took three times to get this right but the updated replacement has worked like a champ the past 3-4 months with no issues in the summer heat. Being able to run the beautiful 4100-NEX made the hassle worth it.

that sucks. It happened to me too, and I tried the reset thing. It sometimes worked, but disconnecting your battery every other time you start your car is not feasible. I asked for a replacement and they sent one fairly quickly. If/when you do get the new "brain", make sure the 26 pin vehicle side connector is the last to get plugged in. I did that and it has been fine for 3 months now. I am hopeful that is lasts.

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
So I have read through this but rather quickly. I'm planning on ordering the metra kit, but it fits the premium models right? I noticed on the ebay picture there were two part numbers on the box for the base model and premium model. Just want to verify this before I purchase it.

Sponsored

GTPaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Sequoia
So I have read through this but rather quickly. I'm planning on ordering the metra kit, but it fits the premium models right? I noticed on the ebay picture there were two part numbers on the box for the base model and premium model. Just want to verify this before I purchase it.
Yes. One is for the 4 in screen and 8 in screen
Metra 99-5838CH 4in

Metra 99-5840CH 8in

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto

Gmacguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP
Just a heads up for anyone using a modified premium bezel with an aftermarket radio. You can get steering controls to work using a PAC SWI-CP2, use programming and installation diagram from a 2016 F150. It's real easy to install and it been working perfect for over a month. Link below:

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/radio-replacement/swi-cp2

I also use a Maestro RR programmed from a 2016 Transit to get gauges, TPMS, doors, and check engine lights displaying on the stereo. I've had it installed for over a year with no problems. If you don't care about those features you can just use the harness and grab Accessory from the passenger kick by the fuse box. Link below:

Harness -
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/ite...sc_ps_google&gclid=CLPr-qvk-NYCFQiSfgodS78LiQ

Maestro RR -
https://www.amazon.com/ADS-MRR-Maestro-RR-Universal-Replacement/dp/B00E4W1644

Install -
http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/RR-FOR/ADS-RR(SR)-FOR02-DS-IG-EN_20170209.pdf

I also added blindspot cameras and combined them down one line using Metra's TE-TSI. I used some generic cameras and diode isolated the blinker and reverse wires to the reverse trigger of the stereo. It doest work as good as the factory but pretty damn close. Links Below:

Multi-camera interface -
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_69646_Install-Bay-TE-TSI.html

Cameras -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744C3RNV/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1JQA8VOKM4O8M&colid=4JKZYQK6JLIV

If anyone has any tips for using Forscan to activate drive modes on a manual trans. base ecoboost let me know, that's my next mod.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
That's good stuff! Were you able to pull up the additional climate controls such as for vents?

Gmacguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP
I wasn't able to get any A/C controls. I'm assuming that information is on the MS CAN lines which may be vehicle specific codes and not shared by other platforms.
Sponsored