corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Should probably thank your tires more than your brakes.
Tires and brake pads.

Brake pads with good initial bite will make the early part of any hard stop better because you get up to maximum deceleration more quickly, which does save you a little stopping distance (and "a little more quickly" may be exactly what you need in situations similar to this one). It's why I'll choose better stopping over cleaner wheels every time.

Norm

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Your Brembos saved you? You may as well say that Jesus saved you.

You saved yourselves, fools.
You gotta stop being so nice, you are just going to have way too many frien(emies)nds.

:paddle:

OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah it definitely was my tires and ABS as well, I could feel the ABS working hard. All I know is I slammed the brakes and my car came to a very abrupt stop about a foot away from the oncoming stingray.

I never ever text and drive, I really hate people who do that, putting everyones life at risk for what?? I am not sure what that moron was doing that he didn't see the light was red but I am just glad I was able to react so quickly.

as far as me stalling, I also typically am used to just clutching in whenever I brake but this happened way too fast and my only "natural" reaction was to hit the brakes I guess. Either way I would rather do a little clutch damage than have my car be totaled. I guess it will take many more years of driving stick to have my clutch reaction be that fast haha.

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
What scares me is the guy behind me who does not have them. Had a few close calls where luckily the guy behind me just turned off on the shoulder and came to a stop half or a full car length from my rear end.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What scares me is the guy behind me who does not have them. Had a few close calls where luckily the guy behind me just turned off on the shoulder and came to a stop half or a full car length from my rear end.
I was lucky enough not to have anyone behind me :thumbsup:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've never used the capacity of my Brembos (never felt ABS kick in). I've had situations where I've braked hard driving different cars including the Mustang, and then wondered in the following milliseconds if Joe blow behind me is paying attention.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
IDIOT IN A C7 VETTE

Wait was this in South Florida (Miami) Because here it happens all the time and not just guys in sports cars - minivans and even Prius. We have to treat every intersection with a traffic light like a 4 way stop. :mad:

I lost my father last year because of some idiot in a minivan ran a red light and t-boned my fathers car, my mother included in the accident but survived. I spent three weeks in ICU with my father until he passed away.

Glad to hear you survived your ordeal. Just treat them like 4-way stops from now on. People are driving crazy these days.

Sorry to hear this. I lost my great Uncle in Miami to an idiot who ran a red light and hit him while he was legally crossing the road. Of course, the person driving was illegally in the US and driving without a license...………………………………………...Here in Pennsylvania, its the same. I never start moving on a green light until I clear the other lanes due to so many people running red lights.

Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My brembos saved me from rear ending a guy. I was following him about 3 car lengths back (thankfully) and a light turned yellow. He slammed on his brakes and I didn't notice at first because all his brake lights were burnt out/not working.

I came within a foot of his car. I wasn't too mad but got out to let him know (thinking maybe he didn't know his lights weren't working). Told the guy and he didn't even care, rolled his window up on me. Then I got pissed lol...
He prob wanted you to hit him! Had that at green light where they wait to get on the gas after letting off the brake..

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Should probably thank your tires more than your brakes.
This.

It's mostly the tires. Put PP1 wheels & tires on a standard GT, and you'll get virtually the same braking performance.....

Speaking of which, I think it's time to consider putting the MPS4Ss on my car. I hear they're fantastic tires.

Last edited:

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
This.

It's mostly the tires. Put PP1 wheels & tires on a standard GT, and you'll get virtually the same braking performance.....

Speaking of which, I think it's time to consider putting the MPS4Ss on my car. I hear they're fantastic tires.
Yes, they absolutely are! You'll get a lot of small rocks pinging off of the underbody, but they definitely grip in corners. You won't be disappointed.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Yep agreed on the PS4S as street tires. Of all the Mustangs I’ve had these are my favorite stock tire that I’ve run.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You'll get a lot of small rocks pinging off of the underbody
Even MPSS tires would do that, once warmed up by only a little street driving . . .

I'm pretty sure that the PS4S is going to be what I'll be replacing my MPSS "track tire set" with when that time comes around.

Norm
Sponsored