Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Skinned and Fitted New Velgen VMB9 20" Staggered Setup - Satin Bronze 8|

Got too dark for more pictures, tomorrow is another day!
Those are absolutely stunning!!
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
(Yesterday) I Installed my BMR Jacking Rails and put them to work.

Did my "break in" oil change at ~2200mi. Filled it with Quaker State Ultimate Durability, took almost 9 quarts. Used a Ford Racing Oil filter and installed two FilterMags onto it.

Installed a Femco drain valve so that next oil change is even easier.

Skinned and Fitted New Velgen VMB9 20" Staggered Setup - Satin Bronze 8|

Got too dark for more pictures, tomorrow is another day!
Nice! Love the color combination you have.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I haven't installed my Steeda rails yet but am interested in whether your rails were dented in any way by the jack stand. Jack stands aren't the same shape as the square rails so most of the weight ends up being on a very small area of the rails, which is fine as long as they are made strong enough to not dent where they meet the jackstands.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Mine are a little scuffed from the jack and stands, but I touch them up regularly with ca can of black touch-up paint that I brush on. As far as dents go, I haven't noticed any dents or deformations, and I have had my car on stands probably 20 times since installing them. They are very robust.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mine are a little scuffed from the jack and stands, but I touch them up regularly with ca can of black touch-up paint that I brush on. As far as dents go, I haven't noticed any dents or deformations, and I have had my car on stands probably 20 times since installing them. They are very robust.
Thanks. I don't care about the paint/powder coat. I don't look at them and I live in AZ. Good to know they don't dent.

Sponsored

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack

Did my "break in" oil change at ~2200mi. Filled it with Quaker State Ultimate Durability, took almost 9 quarts. Used a Ford Racing Oil filter and installed two FilterMags onto it.

Installed a Femco drain valve so that next oil change is even easier.

do you have the part numbers for the filtermags that you used?

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
today I dropped off a spare set of engine cover and coil covers at my paint guy to get refinished to match the factory paint. cant wait to see the finished product!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I haven't installed my Steeda rails yet but am interested in whether your rails were dented in any way by the jack stand. Jack stands aren't the same shape as the square rails so most of the weight ends up being on a very small area of the rails, which is fine as long as they are made strong enough to not dent where they meet the jackstands.
I didn't notice any dents or marks, tomorrow I will go look specifically and let you know.

do you have the part numbers for the filtermags that you used?
SS365. It fits the Ford Racing oil filter perfectly. However the OEM oil filter was a bit too small for them. Just to note.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
That really sucks ...

Ran it into the menu at Sonic. I was pulling in and started sneezing hard. I slammed on the brake but it was too late. I wasn't quite straight and hit the pole. The headlamp can be buffed. The bumper can be fixed, but the fender is aluminum. I am a bodyman. I don't think I can fix the fender. I can't stud pull it. So I guess we will be blending the door too.
So this is how you Sonic. :tsk:

Sponsored

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-

I can tell you after installing my Steeda rails and after the first use with the jack stands- I did get some dents- not all that bad- but I hate to see them when I lift the car-

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I use folded over microfiber towels on the jack stands, and a block of 2x4 wood for the jack to prevent denting/scratching the rails. Works perfectly.

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red