Sponsored

Jack stand and jack point locations

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I will probably lift it using the cross member and place the jack stands on those "star" spots.
Sponsored

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
Well since more people have been getting their cars and doing some mods I'm curious how everyone is lifting their cars and where they're placing their jack stands

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
expensive but this is cool

jackpoint jackstands

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]bgsZmjkPCM0[/MEDIA]"]

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Well since more people have been getting their cars and doing some mods I'm curious how everyone is lifting their cars and where they're placing their jack stands
I'm curious if anyone has any other pictures. The last couple links are broken...

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
There are small cutouts on the pinch weld with small arrows. One near the front wheel and one near the rear wheel. That's where I've been jacking and putting jack stands.

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
There are small cutouts on the pinch weld with small arrows. One near the front wheel and one near the rear wheel. That's where I've been jacking and putting jack stands.
Since you went to BC u gotta be "wicked smaht" (Class of 96 here) ;),

I think the issue is where do you jack from to be able to put the jack stands on the pinch welds? Obviously when you use the jack on the pinch welds, you can't put the jack stand on that weld as well. How do you get around that?

Go Eagles!

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Since you went to BC u gotta be "wicked smaht" (Class of 96 here) ;),

I think the issue is where do you jack from to be able to put the jack stands on the pinch welds? Obviously when you use the jack on the pinch welds, you can't put the jack stand on that weld as well. How do you get around that?

Go Eagles!
I just move the jack over a little bit to leave enough space for the stand to go where the arrow is.

Sponsored

BWys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Guard Metallic
Guys, pinch welds have been pretty much the go to spot on every sports car I have ever owned. Just because you think it is a weaker spot doesn't mean much, they are stronger than they look. Do they sometimes bend? Yes! They are not meant to hold more than the weight associated with that point and they do not fair well when being dropped onto a jack stand.

So if you really need to just save up some $ and get the bmr jacking rails.

Also I have successfully used pinch welds closer to the middle of the car and lowered the car onto jack stands at the pinch weld with arrows.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I picked up one of the jacks linked below from Harbor Freight, it fits easily under even a lowered car and reaches in to the k-member and rear cradle bolt points, then you can easily place your jack stands under the pinch-weld locations.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...vy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-60678.html

I bought a jack from harbor freight that was on sale and jacked up the car exactly how you just described. Did you have any issues with the jack not raising the car high enough? I bought a 1.5 ton aluminum low profile model (one of the blue ones), and I intend to return it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Pictures would be helpful, I've been holding off on jacking it up due to all of the questions people seem to ask. Have to install my FMIC this week, want to be sure.
Sponsored