2015 Ford Mustang GT

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Weird! My 17 came with the solenoid that's in the manual.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thank you. That site says not shippable so I ordered it from my local Ford dealer, should be here Tuesday.

In the meantime i'll leave it hooked up as is, since I wont be going into boost yet.

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Kinda not helping but in your manual.... Where does it tell you to line up the tensioner lines? If it on the first line or in between

Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
You do not need to change the solenoids!

The older style with vacumn line. Either needed to be hooked up to the Tee that went from Crankcase breather to airfilter inlet pipe. Or vented to atmosphere. If you ran the little breathers on the valve cover you just left it unhooked vented to atmospere.

I think Ford did us a favor and is venting it to atmosphere right at the solenoid under that black cover. There is probably a filter under it. Less plumbing to worry about.

By the way thats how my 2017 car is and it runs fine as seen in my sig. below

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Kinda not helping but in your manual.... Where does it tell you to line up the tensioner lines? If it on the first line or in between
I believe it said to initially line it up with the first line. When I tensioned my belt down I believe mine is a hair over the first line for what I believe is correct tension.

The older style with vacumn line. Either needed to be hooked up to the Tee that went from Crankcase breather to airfilter inlet pipe. Or vented to atmosphere. If you ran the little breathers on the valve cover you just left it unhooked vented to atmospere.

I think Ford did us a favor and is venting it to atmosphere right at the solenoid under that black cover. There is probably a filter under it. Less plumbing to worry about.

Interesting, so I can just leave them as is? Is that what you did?

I ordered them already, and from Ford they were $50/ea. :frusty: I wonder if I can cancel it since the order isnt going through until tomorrow morning.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Interesting, so I can just leave them as is? Is that what you did?

I ordered them already, and from Ford they were $50/ea. :frusty: I wonder if I can cancel it since the order isnt going through until tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

Yes leave them as is. Thats how my car is.

And cancel the order if you can. Save yourself some money.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Weird! My 17 came with the solenoid that's in the manual.
Same as MOST of the 2017's.

Mine did too.
See above.

This guy NAILED IT. :) :thumbsup::ford:

I suspect cars with 2 way are like yours and cars with three way like mine I can see boost although it was N/A and would not actually see boost. Maybe a question turbo/centri FI companies need to start asking and come up with a kit or tune for each. Kinda like the weird oil gauge question tuners ask.
That "gauge" is 100% fake and is calculated. DO NOT go by that, EVER!
It has nothing to do with the tuning, nor would it matter.

The oil gauge question is because some cars have different ways of reading oil pressure.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Watch your IMRC volts in the higher RPM range for them to be closing.

The two ports or three ports don't ever vent to atmosphere. This is something people are having to resort to to check for a problem. Once the air passes the MAF you want it to go through the engine, eventually, not escape anywhere or have a spot air can be pulled in that doesnt go through the MAF.

I did say you may not have to do anything, as long as the solenoids do a good enough job at blocking boost from the IMRC diaphragm. The other concern is if you let off the throttle quickly and the solenoid opens quicker than your wastegate bleeds off boost the diaphragm will see boost and possibly be damaged.

I know the gauge is "fake" I was just trying to correlate why some cars have two ports and some have three.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
With the lines hooked up correct.
I can't say that I have ever seen anyone's IMRC plates move.

Seems most that had issues either had them hooked up wrong.
Or actually had items in the tune commanding them to close/move.

I know the gauge is "fake" I was just trying to correlate why some cars have two ports and some have three.
Kinda like how some dodges have mechanical power steering, and others have electric power steering on the same year/model/trim package cars. LOL. Running change I would assume.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Yes leave them as is. Thats how my car is.

And cancel the order if you can. Save yourself some money.

Thanks alot man. Cancelled the order in time. :cheers:

The two ports or three ports don't ever vent to atmosphere. This is something people are having to resort to to check for a problem. Once the air passes the MAF you want it to go through the engine, eventually, not escape anywhere or have a spot air can be pulled in that doesnt go through the MAF.

I did say you may not have to do anything, as long as the solenoids do a good enough job at blocking boost from the IMRC diaphragm. The other concern is if you let off the throttle quickly and the solenoid opens quicker than your wastegate bleeds off boost the diaphragm will see boost and possibly be damaged.

No problem its all good. I'll bring it up with Lund and im sure they will let me know if something seems off.

With the lines hooked up correct.
I can't say that I have ever seen anyone's IMRC plates move.

Seems most that had issues either had them hooked up wrong.
Or actually had items in the tune commanding them to close/move.

Kinda like how some dodges have mechanical power steering, and others have electric power steering on the same year/model/trim package cars. LOL. Running change I would assume.
Thanks guys, hit boost for the first time today after Lund gave me the okay. IMRC didnt seem to self destruct yet so here's to hoping, Lol. Just waiting on the tune to be revised and have to get another tank of gas. :D

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Just updating this, Lund tune is 99% done and I've hit 13psi/7600rpm. No problems with the IMRC!