Sponsored

2016 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2016 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
Got the call from my dealer that Ford has also rejected my order for a 2016 mustang gt, asked the dealer to change the order to a 2017. Hopefully it will be accepted. Waiting is the worst part.
Sponsored

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 black GT, perf. package
Just got a call as well from my dealer, Ford is no longer taking 2016 orders (at least from their dealership), the order was rejected. This was from Performance Ford in Randolph, NJ.

Ddef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016,gt premium,shadow black,black accent, 401a
Cotus is back up but no estimated delivery date. Says it is awaiting shipment. Arrgghh. The wait is killing me. Need a beer.
Buymycar, have you had success getting it to work. I can not get it to work with my vin at all. Any hints? Link to the site, maybe I am using the wrong one. My order was placed on the same day as yours, I have a build date of 5/2. But I can not get my window sticker either, how were you able to find it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Clarification. The eta for delivery was from a couple weeks ago on cotus. The most recent cotus from a couple days ago didnt have an eta or countdown

Sponsored

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford service provided an update. My car is being shipped by rail and has an eta of 5/17.

Thanks to ford service.

And i get extra time to watch the pot boil

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
A new GT just arrived last night at the dealership, I wasted no time in buying it, picking it up Wednesday. I lucked out, since my order was canceled by Ford

Ddef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016,gt premium,shadow black,black accent, 401a
That is great! Very lucky indeed. Hopefully it was what you were looking for.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cotus is back up and is running great. My new eta is may 11. The days keep getting longer. #firstworldpro blems #douchebagusinghashtag #irememberwhenitwasapoundsymbol

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Cotus is back up and is running great. My new eta is may 11. The days keep getting longer. #firstworldpro blems #douchebagusinghashtag #irememberwhenitwasapoundsymbol
We have a guy at work that does long ass hashtags like that in emails or our chat. It's so douchey, lol. I really don't like it.

Sponsored

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have a guy at work that does long ass hashtags like that in emails or our chat. It's so douchey, lol. I really don't like it.
I sold my 2013 FRS for the Mustang gt. Any regrets about switching? Only been a couple weeks and i really miss the FRS. It had plenty of power on winding mountain roads.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Here's my long journey ...

02/11/16 Ordered
03/21/16 got VIN from Meagan at Ford Service
04/14/16 Order Processing Completed
04/15/16 got Window Sticker pdf from my salesman
04/20/16 Built
05/05/16 (TODAY) On a TRAIN

Should then be in the Markham, IL railyard (SW of Chicago) sometime later today or tomorrow. This is only 3 hours south of my dealer and is where it gets unloaded and transferred onto a delivery truck.

My 2011 took a total of 7 days to arrive after being loaded on the train, so worst case I should see it next week Thursday (3 days late). If they are efficient in that rail yard, it could theoretically be a day or two early but I'm not getting my hope up !!

Doug

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Arrrghhh!!! Delivery date pushed back to may 14. The cotus site is messing with me

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I sold my 2013 FRS for the Mustang gt. Any regrets about switching? Only been a couple weeks and i really miss the FRS. It had plenty of power on winding mountain roads.
Haven't made the swap yet, but after test driving the Mustang. Wow... no regrets.

My FR-S was heavily modded too. Everything short of FI, with some suspension work. It was fun on the twisty roads, but damn, there were times struggling to pass some cars like Camrys where you would just get laughed at.

It's an outstanding driver's car, but now that the Mustang has the IRS, it's very capable. For the price point, the FR-S is good bang for the buck, but just look at the general consensus from all of the owners... "If only it had more power".

The FR-S also caters to a much younger crowd from its lower price while the Mustang GT's are typically pointed towards a little older crowd. (Later 20's, early 30's, and older)

Fantom928

Fantom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Arrrghhh!!! Delivery date pushed back to may 14. The cotus site is messing with me
Cotus pushed mine back 2 days about a week before the schedule delivery, from the 27th to the 29th - but it still arrived on the 27th.
Don't fret yet!
Sponsored