OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Mustang_Lou - Do you have any drone with the Magnaflow Competition axle-back? Do you still have the OEM resonator, or have you gone to a resonator delete option? Thanks much!
Sponsored

OP
OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
My goal is a deep sound (easily discernible from stock) with little to no rasp and only moderate sound in the cabin. As noted in another post, my first exhaust was a FRPP Touring Catback which I liked but didn't care for the rasp. I have Corsa Touring Axle-Backs now with an H-pipe and could go back to the FRPP Touring with X-pipe, but I am hoping to find something that has a deep sound without the rasp.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Here is a deep sounding combo: Magnaflow competition with MRT H-pipe.
Video does state there is some drone though.

I love my Borla S-Types. They have bit of a deep sound to them. No drone.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Mustang_Lou - Do you have any drone with the Magnaflow Competition axle-back? Do you still have the OEM resonator, or have you gone to a resonator delete option? Thanks much!
Not at all with the stock resonator. I see that you have the PP GT like me so you only see 2,000 rpm when going out of 1st and that's where drone is usually around ... although I've never noticed. Maybe if going up a hill at 2,000 rpm there MAY be a HINT but I don't lug my engines like that.

See if you can find someone local... maybe make it out to a meet to hear different setups.

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I just replaced the stock exhaust with a Corsa Sport catback last weekend (a hat tip to Jayman33@hypermotive). Car is a DD. After a week of use I find 1st-2nd to be louder than then I anticipated which I'm going to attribute to me being accustomed to hearing the near silent stock exhaust. The is also occasional raspiness in 1-2. Gears 3-5 are perfection. 6th I rarely use but it's sounds close to stock. Cabin noise/volume is fine, no complaints. No drone. I have yet to hear any other exhausts in person so I can't offer any comparisons. No complaints with the "deepness" of the tone, it's not lacking and a huge improvement over stock. Still evaluating, going to drive it for a couple of month before coming to any conclusions.

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Good question for [MENTION=21213]bodam[/MENTION]
This has been beaten to death

Borla is loud as hell in the cabin. It drones. Anyone who says it doesn't, doesn't know what drone is.

The corsa sounds just as good, and is quieter in the cabin. very little drone in my car, with my gearing and tune.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
This has been beaten to death

Borla is loud as hell in the cabin. It drones. Anyone who says it doesn't, doesn't know what drone is.

The corsa sounds just as good, and is quieter in the cabin. very little drone in my car, with my gearing and tune.
What gearing and tune do you have on your auto? I have 3.55s and am still stock. I noticed a slight humming/drone when going uphill at lower speeds (around 30 mph) and in D (I guess car is in 4th or maybe even 5th gear already) at about 1500 rpm. It's not bad at all, you have to pay attention to hear/notice it. Wondering if the AWE exhaust is even better in that aspect. I remember people here saying that AWE had it figured out specifically with the automatics. However, love my Corsa, best exhaust I've had so far. You can totally control the volume with your foot/the gas pedal. Every day after work, I go past my house on some back roads, just for about 6 or 7 minutes to floor it and listen to the exhaust. When I get home, I always great my wife with a smile on my face :) Thinking about adding headers in the future though :D
Sponsored