Sponsored

Will Ford make any new orders on MY17 Mustangs?

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
As the title says, does anyone think people will put an order in for a MY17 Mustang between now and the books opening for MY18? It would seem illogical, and that would mean Ford don't sell any for 5 months or so.... would build a natural gap in production for the plant to switch over though!
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
As the title says, does anyone think people will put an order in for a MY17 Mustang between now and the books opening for MY18? It would seem illogical, and that would mean Ford don't sell any for 5 months or so.... would build a natural gap in production for the plant to switch over though!

Your forgetting this is the internet, most buyers of cars still do not go online, so will be none the wiser to this news and UK dealerships are probably none the wiser too.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
They'll take your order whenever you like. However, there will come a time when you're scheduled to get your VIN, and that time may be when they switch over to producing the new '18MY, so you'll be asked to make any changes to your order that are necessary.

The same happens every year. Some ordered when '16s were being built but their build slots became '17s......if they'd chosen a discontinued colour, they had to choose an alternative one.

:)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good question. I would say yes but it will be a very small number! Sales numbers will slow for sure. Types that will order; people who simply can't wait - which wont be many, and people who don't like the new model, or prefer the 15-17 over the my18, which again wont be many. May even be a smaller number of people wishing to upgrade from EB to GT on the same platform they have - who knows.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they'll still take orders for a MY17, we don't even have a UK spec order book for the MY18s yet, if you order 'Later' in the year, and you end up with a MY18 ford will ask u to change ur order to a MY18 (spec changes included).

I'd stick my car on the fact that if you order today, it'll come as a mY17.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I'm 99% certain that if I called the saleman that sold me my car, he'd be completely and totally unaware that the MY18 car even exists...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 99% certain that if I called the saleman that sold me my car, he'd be completely and totally unaware that the MY18 car even exists...
"a mustang, is that what you have, Id forgotten, didn't even know we sold those... right a MY18, what's one of those? Oh the new Mustang... Yeah we don't sell them, oh you bought yours from here? Oh... err.... Sure we'll take a deposit"

:bolt:

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kent Mustang seem to be one of the few dealers that are proactively seeking out the latest news. They've already shared some '18MY content on their Facebook page :)

https://www.facebook.com/kentmustang/?fref=ts
Genuinely refreshing to see that. Not quite the same, but my local VX dealer (well, not local but the VXR one) did the same with the Monaro/VXR8 and even stocked Camaros as they were enthusiastic about the v8. That's quietened now, but it was nice at the time.

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"a mustang, is that what you have, Id forgotten, didn't even know we sold those... right a MY18, what's one of those? Oh the new Mustang... Yeah we don't sell them, oh you bought yours from here? Oh... err.... Sure we'll take a deposit"

:bolt:
When a dealer punts 100+ Fiestas out the door over a single Mustang, I can well believe that being true!

At least "Mustang" doesn't sound like "Mondeo" - the number of times I've called to service the Monaro and been given a price for a "Movano" is embarrassing. :p

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Really depends on pricing, which hasn't been announced yet. But with the pound so weak now, and all the extra features they are adding, prices could be quite a bit higher.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Mustang price jumps in the same way as when the Nissan GTR was introduced. Initally was £56k, which was a massive bargain at the time, but a great way to get a toehold in the UK market. Now they are more established prices start at £80k.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Really depends on pricing, which hasn't been announced yet. But with the pound so weak now, and all the extra features they are adding, prices could be quite a bit higher.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Mustang price jumps in the same way as when the Nissan GTR was introduced. Initally was £56k, which was a massive bargain at the time, but a great way to get a toehold in the UK market. Now they are more established prices start at £80k.
If the prices go up then the residuals will be up on the existing model. Which is a good thing for 15-17 owners.

I care about the upgraded model as much as I care whether I have the latest iphone i.e. Not a jot. But there'll always those that have to have the latest. I'd of bought an S197 if it was RHD.

My next move if there is one will be the S650 purely as it'll be in 3 years time.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
If you haven't ordered a new car yet, it will be £600 more from tomorrow.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
If I was Ford UK I'd specify a more basic car for the UK based on the '18. A sort of hotch potch of bits to keep the price down, especially as they say the new base model has suspension as good as the current PP. I would not offer any of the exotic options; mag ride, active exhaust or digi dash.
That's a pretty solid prediction I'd say.
Sponsored