Sponsored

Steeda Industry First - Adjustable S550 Rear Camber Mounts (Sneak Peek)

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great new video with install!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]rbkdyUt0TXI[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Any Christmas Steeda specials going on now?!? Wouldn't mind picking these up, stock adjustment is a PIA!

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Any Christmas Steeda specials going on now?!? Wouldn't mind picking these up, stock adjustment is a PIA!
Yes, 15% Holiday Special discount until Dec 25th

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I have to admit, this is brilliant! So simple it stupid! (I don't mean that in a bad way) I like this way better than the aluminum adjustable camber arm!
I'm in for this!!! Nice work!
This is something ford should of done stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I already put my order in. Thanks TJ and Jigar!
Glad we could help ... you have made a great decision in looking to Steeda for your suspension needs - you will be very happy with the quality of the parts & the feel of the Stang!

Happy Holidays,

TJ

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Got my camber mounts today. I just wanna say WOW :eyebulge: these things are beautiful. Steeda has crushed it with these, they are a perfect example of the ingenuity that comes out of team Steeda. These are exactly what most of us will ever need.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Installed these Wednesday along with a bunch of other stuff. A few observations: The camber mounts will in fact install without needing to lower the sub-frame though in our case we had a bunch of suspension stuff removed during the install. That being said, the driver side is a bit of a PITA ... several hoses in the way. Required some gentle nudging with a pry bar. Careful, some things might not respond well to squishing. The image below shows us getting the eccentrics tightened enough to stay put as well as a missing LCA and spring so your mileage may vary for ease of install.

We installed with the index marks facing the rear. There is no visibility to the index marks if installed the other way (gas tank in the way). Steedas videos and pictures in this thread show the camber mounts in both orientations and the instructions don't seem clear on that point. Some clarification would be good.

Getting the top bolt and orienting the nut underneath was much easier than expected. There is room under the sub frame on the differential side to hold the nut. No worries there.

Fit and finish are very good. My son, and 2nd pair of hands in the shop, is a welding engineer for Deere. He said the aesthetics of the welds were good and mechanically seemed more than adequate. Made me feel pretty good about my purchase.

We were able to do a rough alignment using the indexing nut with mounted tires on a 4-post. The front facing tensioning nut is a little hard to access - the tool of choice is an 18mm ratcheting wrench from directly below...the longer the better. Kind of have to hold the rear facing eccentric bolt while tightening the front down. Not sure how my alignment shop will deal with this but we were able to run the mount through the entire range of adjustment with the suspension fully loaded. This should be a much more accurate way to adjust to spec than the OEM slot. Gives you some fine control over camber.

Not quite sure how to tighten to the torque spec the way we have this guy oriented. Can't really fit a torque wrench up in there for the locking nut. Might be good if Steeda can enlighten. I'm guessing the alignment guys will just torque it to "feels tight".

Overall, seems like a great solution to the problem folks are having with alignment shops saying the rear camber can't be adjusted. Great job Steeda!
D71_7944.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those on the fence :) ... we have 15% off for New Years!
unnamed.jpg

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Got these installed Wednesday along with a bunch of other stuff. A few observations: The camber mounts will in fact install without needing to lower the sub-frame though in our case we had a bunch of suspension stuff removed during the install. That being said, the driver side is a bit of a PITA ... several hoses in the way. Required some gentle nudging with a pry bar. Careful, some things might not respond well to squishing. The image below shows us getting the eccentrics tightened enough to stay put as well as a missing LCA and spring so your mileage may vary for ease of install.

We installed with the index marks facing the rear. There is no visibility to the index marks if installed the other way (gas tank in the way). Steedas videos and pictures in this thread show the camber mounts in both orientations and the instructions don't seem clear on that point. Some clarification would be good.

Getting the top bolt and orienting the nut underneath was much easier than expected. There is room under the sub frame on the differential side to hold the nut. No worries there.

Fit and finish are very good. My son, and 2nd pair of hands in the shop, is a welding engineer for Deere. He said the aesthetics of the welds were good and mechanically seemed more than adequate. Made me feel pretty good about my purchase.

We were able to do a rough alignment using the indexing nut with mounted tires on a 4-post. The front facing tensioning nut is a little hard to access - the tool of choice is an 18mm ratcheting wrench from directly below...the longer the better. Kind of have to hold the rear facing eccentric bolt while tightening the front down. Not sure how my alignment shop will deal with this but we were able to run the mount through the entire range of adjustment with the suspension fully loaded. This should be a much more accurate way to adjust to spec than the OEM slot. Gives you some fine control over camber.

Not quite sure how to tighten to the torque spec the way we have this guy oriented. Can't really fit a torque wrench up in there for the locking nut. Might be good if Steeda can enlighten. I'm guessing the alignment guys will just torque it to "feels tight".

Overall, seems like a great solution to the problem folks are having with alignment shops saying the rear camber can't be adjusted. Great job Steeda!
Great stuff...looking forwards to purchasing this part!

Sponsored
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Installed these Wednesday along with a bunch of other stuff. A few observations: The camber mounts will in fact install without needing to lower the sub-frame though in our case we had a bunch of suspension stuff removed during the install. That being said, the driver side is a bit of a PITA ... several hoses in the way. Required some gentle nudging with a pry bar. Careful, some things might not respond well to squishing. The image below shows us getting the eccentrics tightened enough to stay put as well as a missing LCA and spring so your mileage may vary for ease of install.

A torque adapter would work to torque the nut and bolt. https://store.snapon.com/TORQUE-ADAPTORS-C796465.aspx

My only concern is with the Steeda camber adjuster in place the control arm eccentric bolt must now clamp / compress 8 pieces of steel to clamp the arm in place. If I remember right that's a 12mm bolt that's torqued to 85 lb-ft. That's a lot of stacked steel to clamp with a 12mm bolt and to hold the camber in place when pushed in a corner.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My only concern is with the Steeda camber adjuster in place the control arm eccentric bolt must now clamp / compress 8 pieces of steel to clamp the arm in place. If I remember right that's a 12mm bolt that's torqued to 85 lb-ft. That's a lot of stacked steel to clamp with a 12mm bolt and to hold the camber in place when pushed in a corner.
Interesting point Voodoo. Hadn't thought of that. Tomorrow is alignment day at Blackjack Speed Shop (Tim Duncan's shop in SA...yes that Tim Duncan). I'll see what the shop can do with the torque setting.

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
From what degree to what degree are these adjustable?
Sponsored