Sponsored

How long before I can let her rip?

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I did the whole drive it like you stole it right off the lot with my 2011 (one of the first orders with new motor and trans combo mind you) and the mt-82 didn't last past 10k.

Now it could have been the driving style or it could have been the mt-82 on it's first year in the field having issues.

I didn't baby mine this time around but i also didn't drive it like i stole it, I never took it to redline and I also never just putted around in 6th.

Mt-82 has just a lil whine at certain times this go around and the car really woke up around 1000 miles and seemed to stop gaining butt dyno points around 1500 miles.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
It's funny how many car enthusiasts treat their vehicle like it's human, or simply "feel" about their vehicle rather than think about it, which often times causes them to do the wrong thing.
Says the Bama tuned owner. :lol:

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I just make sure the car is thoroughly warmed up. For me it was on the way home from the dealership.
It was snowing when I took mine home, but with in the first 50 miles it got hammered...:D

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Let's just say I scared the doodoo out of my salesperson upon test driving mine.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Drove it very spirted from day 1, no oil consumption at all. Only thing I saw in the manual was to not lug the engine or tow for the first 1k miles or something. Oh and vary the rpms, when cruising I would sometimes drop it to 5th or even 4th and run for a mile every 5-10 miles if I was on the highway for a longer drive.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I drove it from the time I bought it how I always drive my cars. I don't always beat on it, but I have fun with it. 20k trouble free, no oil burning miles later and it's still humming along no issues.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
So, how is your Bama tune treating you? You don't like it?

I just got the latest revision......it's beastly. Low RPM power is noticeably improved from the first 93R tune I put on the car. Over-all it's an amazing tune.
Mine has been great. Of course I haven't had any other tune to compare it to, but there's always someone who wants to bash Bama because they bought something different most likely....and then sold their GT and bought some big piece of crap Dodge or something...:crazy:

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
So, how is your Bama tune treating you? You don't like it?

I just got the latest revision......it's beastly. Low RPM power is noticeably improved from the first 93R tune I put on the car. Over-all it's an amazing tune.
And your latest revision is now throwing codes.
So tell me old wise tunemaster, what terrible experience did you have that makes you think that? I'm assuming you are speaking from experience and not just talking smack, right?
My experience? I tune my own cars as well others several local to me. I've helped "fix" more Bama tunes than I can remember. That's my experience.;)

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
My uncle's 14 gt had a bad front O2, you know....the important ones.... Bama told him they'd turn it off on the tune and it would run fine. If that's the kind of "experts" you want to trust your car's engine to be my guest. That's what finally convinced him to switch tunes.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona