15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I guess the best approach would be if Adam could make an improved WGA that looks exactly like the stock one! Adam you would double your sales and we would be even more happy :headbang:

Anyway, it's all about the relationship you have with the dealership. I was 100% upfront with mine, I discussed with the head mechanic and explained him my modifications strategy (which for my needs was simple, but led to a totally different car: race exhausts, a much better FMIC and a more aggressive tune). Not only was he supportive with the changes, he also told me what to do in case I have to take the car to them in case of a failure and that he would not deny warranty.

Now, I hope I will never have to verify if he would honor his words, but I guess that every dealership has a different approach on the issue. Also, I do not live in the US, where things may be a bit different.
MakStang more like Mach1Stang with that tune. ;)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Yeah, man I can't get out of my car! Wish I could fit a bed in there! :headbang:

But as Carroll Shelby once said: there's never enough power, (just not enough traction)...

Reactions: Ebm

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I've been in the ecoboost since november 2014. man does time fly.

Ever since I got into the ecoboost Adam has been helpful with questions, even when I wasnt tuned by him.

I was bama tuned with everything else stock practically all of 2015, it was an okay experience however of course anything is better than the stock tune.

On august 2016 i got the cobb accessport, to my disappointment the cobb ots tune was horrible, worse than bama, even with the upgraded intercooler i had acquired. I immediately went with adam to see what everyone kept talking about with the single tune purchase.

When i received the tune September 2016 I never datalogged until March 2017 and adam had no problem honoring the tune revisions even though I waited so long. I was happy with the revisions

after some competitive bickering with my local car club, (5th gen L99 camaros SS talkin smack) I decided it was time to give those camaros a run for their money thus I upgraded to the E30 tune.

Im still probably going to get a few more revisions, but being tuned by adam is great. His quick response and prompt answers to any questions make him one of the best if not the best mustang ecoboost tuner out there.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Is it Tune+ that was working on a way to get more crackles and pops from the exhaust?

Sponsored

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
he used to offer a ghost cam tune however he removed that option.

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
Is it Tune+ that was working on a way to get more crackles and pops from the exhaust?
Yes he posted videos of it on FB back in February and called it "perps and berbs." Not sure if he still plans on offering it or if he scrapped the idea. Hope he offers it at some point because it sounded damn good IMO.

Reactions: Ebm

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You can run the stock tune with our actuator we just don't recommend beating on it until you put the tune back on. The actuator is an easy install so if you are worried about it I would take it off before going into the dealer. They do have a PDF they provide the techs at FORD that show to look for modified wastegate actuators.
Of course you could take a pic of the paint on the WGA thread and go to a hobby store and match it =)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Adam, your happy customers have two requests for you: A WGA actuator that looks like the stock one and the ghost cam tune! :D

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Yes he posted videos of it on FB back in February and called it "perps and berbs." Not sure if he still plans on offering it or if he scrapped the idea. Hope he offers it at some point because it sounded damn good IMO.
Yes! That's it! I never got to see the video. Hopefully I can find it by digging around. Hopefully he does decide to offer it. It sounded good when he originally talked about it.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I just had my car tuned by Adam a couple of days ago and I thought it would be a good idea to put down a few words about my first impressions.

The only mods that I have on my car is the MBRP Race exhaust system and the cp-e DeltaCore intercooler that I installed a couple of weeks a go. Actually, I had COBB Stage I OTS tune for a while before installing the intercooler and the car felt so much more alive, night and day compared to the stock tune.

I decided to buy an e-Tune when I installed the FMIC, as I felt that the car had something more to offer. So this is when my experience with Adam started.

The first thing that I have to say is that Adam is characterized by high professionalism. When he sent me the base tune, I couldn't really feel any difference than before, but as other members of this forum have described, I knew that it was just the BASE tune, that I had to be patient. I sent the first datalog to Adam and he sent me back the first revision in less than 24 hours. I had the first smile on my face after I took my car out for a test drive, in order to prepare another datalog for him. I could already feel the difference.

I continued to send Adam datalogs and I received every revision within 24 hours, each one better than the previous one - each one leading to a more aggressive heartbeat within my chest cavity, as more power was starting to build under the hood of my red pony. It took overall 4 revisions until I received the last one: It felt as if I changed the engine of my car, it was a totally different wild, yet refined, car!

Adam gave me the opportunity to drive an already fantastic car with a great, explosive, new personality! And actually I had the chance to test it yesterday when a BMW X6 M50d (381 hp / 740 Nm, 0-100km/h @ 5.3") started following me, provoking me aggressively for a race. I had no other choice but go for it (I wouldn't step back even with a totally stock car). I had two more people in the car and I say this in order to emphasize the additional weight. So at the next traffic light I decided to see what my car was able for, the amount of power hidden under my hood. Even I was speechless... My car started as a wild horse (the MBRPs were screaming) and the white, black striped, huge, expensive (and in another occasion intimidating) beamer was left at least two cars behind the American Muscle (yes, with Tune+ the EcoBoost is transformed to the real American Muscle!). The red EcoBoost kept pulling and pulling ...and pulling!

Love my new car even more after the transformation. Do not hesitate if you consider improving the performance of your car. Adam did it for me, did it for so many people with an EcoBoost ...he can certainly do it for you too!

Thanks Adam
Thank you for the detailed write up. You explain exactly how I want my eco to perform with the exact same inter-cooler upgrade. I assume all of this is on 93 octane?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it's a beast man!

Also yes, the tune is made for 93+ octane (98+ RON - sorry I am in Europe!), but I prepared all datalogs for Adam using 100 RON (I guess this is 95 octane in the US?). I only use this type of fuel for better performance and engine protection. It is available in all gas stations in my country.

Last edited:

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Well I ordered some of your NGK plugs for my wife's Ecoboost Stang.
So far I have only dropped in a green filter.

Next thing will be a MAP street intercooler and one of Adams tunes. Not sure how quickly that will be though as Im hesistant because of the stupid warranty on the car.

Its funny the darn thing seems as fast if not faster than my fully bolt on foxbody coupe.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update on my Tune+ experience.
Have been running a datalogged tune from Adam since 8/16,
Has been running great, never a hiccup.
Added a downpipe last week (mbrp catted)
Got a tune update and wow, what a difference.
I would suggest that anyone who has been running the same tune for a year, revisit your tune, since now Adam uses different AP parameters for datalogging.
The power is smoother and stronger, and I'm not sure how much of that is the downpipe or the enhanced tune.

Hats off once again to Tune+.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.