Sponsored

Charger Rt Scat vs bolt on 16 gt

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I chose my mustang over the Camaro at the time. Still glad I got the mustang and miss it very much already. My first boy will be 2 in September and i have a new born dew in 4 weeks. I tried the 2 car seats in the back. I was not comfortable and didn't feel safe. This is way a have the scatpack charger now. But I'll be getting back in a mustang I'm a few years. Once there not in car seats. Cheers on this nice day !!!
Yea, the scat charger is beautiful, if I were shopping that price range, it would be definitely have been my choice, but finishing my MBA has been,a bit expensive :headbonk: I was able to fit both my revs to baby seats for both my 2 hear olds, but I definitely can't wait til they're out of the seats :cheers:
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I own a '14 Mustang GT auto and a '16 Challenger Scat Pack auto. Stock vs stock, the Scat Pack is quicker, bigger, more comfortable, etc. Aftermarket for the Mustang is way better than the Dodge, but the Dodge is so satisfying stock (active exhaust, sport mode, shift quickness/firmness, etc.) that they just don't need mods like the Mustang.

A mildly modded 5.0L will match/edge a stock Scat Pack. A moderately modded 5.0L (like my '14) will easily beat a Scat Pack.

My GT is the weekend toy and drag racer. My Scat Pack is the comfy, roomy daily driver. So blessed to own both. Paid $38K for each brand new, so the money is similar with comparable equipment if you shop diligently.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I own a '14 Mustang GT auto and a '16 Challenger Scat Pack auto. Stock vs stock, the Scat Pack is quicker, bigger, more comfortable, etc. Aftermarket for the Mustang is way better than the Dodge, but the Dodge is so satisfying stock (active exhaust, sport mode, shift quickness/firmness, etc.) that they just don't need mods like the Mustang.

A mildly modded 5.0L will match/edge a stock Scat Pack. A moderately modded 5.0L (like my '14) will easily beat a Scat Pack.

My GT is the weekend toy and drag racer. My Scat Pack is the comfy, roomy daily driver. So blessed to own both. Paid $38K for each brand new, so the money is similar with comparable equipment if you shop diligently.
Are you planning on keeping your Challenger when the lease runs out?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Are you planning on keeping your Challenger when the lease runs out?
Depends on what is available on the market in 2019 when the lease ends. I've owned 2 Mach 1's in the past and am very hopeful that Ford will celebrate the 50th anniversary since the Mach 1's intro back in 1969 with a new version for 2019. If there is a 2019 Mach 1, the Challenger may very well go back to Dodge at lease end. If Ford doesn't come to the table with anything interesting by then, the Dodge might stay in my driveway.

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I know this is an old post now, but I'd like to chime in and say that I had a freak 2015 Charger Scat Pack. The 485hp rating is underrated. The Scat was freaky fast. I also have a 2014 GT, a 2016 GT and two older Camaros. The Dodge quality wasn't there so Dodge bought it back and replaced it with a '17. The '17 felt like a completely different car. It wasn't as fast, didn't handle or launch like the '15, and we had issues with that car in the first week of ownership. After 400 miles, I traded it in. I miss the '15 Charger as it was a very fast car and smoked my '14 GT. Dodge just knows how to build that 6.4L. I would have to agree with others and say the Charger Scat Pack will beat the GT. However, I believe the GT may last longer!!!!
ScatPack.jpg

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Talk about throwing a monkey wrench into this discussion... geez.. none of that matters since we all make are stock cars faster then stock!

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Entertaining thread. I owned an S550 2015 GT at the same time as my 2016 Challenger ScatPac. The ScatPac was faster. Alas, they are now both gone and I've replaced them with a 17 GT350, that is much funner to drive.......I don't think funner is a word though, is it? :D

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Entertaining thread. I owned an S550 2015 GT at the same time as my 2016 Challenger ScatPac. The ScatPac was faster. Alas, they are now both gone and I've replaced them with a 17 GT350, that is much funner to drive.......I don't think funner is a word though, is it? :D
[ame]

:D

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The saving grace of the scatpack besides having 485hp is the a8. Those things shift fast as fuck. The A6 in the mustang does not shift faster. The only thing from ford that shifts faster is the a10 (in the 2018).

I cant wait to see a charger/challenger scat a8 vs '18 5.0 a10.

Also cant wait to see the much needed challenger refresh. Hope they drop 3-4 hundred pounds too!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The saving grace of the scatpack besides having 485hp is the a8. Those things shift fast as fuck. The A6 in the mustang does not shift faster. The only thing from ford that shifts faster is the a10 (in the 2018).

I cant wait to see a charger/challenger scat a8 vs '18 5.0 a10.

Also cant wait to see the much needed challenger refresh. Hope they drop 3-4 hundred pounds too!
If they drop a few hundred pounds they'll have something special.

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Lol, I'm already plotting my switch to the sp charger next year. I'll get through the winter with the mustang and them I'm jumping ship. The challenger doesn't do much for me though, if I was staying 2 door I'd keep the mustang.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Lord.. some of you's need to STOP dumping the clutch and learn to launch and shift.
My buddy has a 16 charger scat pack w/ axleback.. I destroy him every time we line up..
or from a roll. :thumbsup:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Well it takes time to get all that weight rolling...

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Lol, I'm already plotting my switch to the sp charger next year. I'll get through the winter with the mustang and them I'm jumping ship. The challenger doesn't do much for me though, if I was staying 2 door I'd keep the mustang.
I did it in January. No regrets!
Sponsored