Sponsored

Ghost cam 'scare tactics'

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I see another popular tuning company saying that the cam tune is bad for the cars per ford.

So, I thought I'd leave a little video from ford racing, offering the exact same type of tune for the 13/14 boss 302's.

figured we'd knip this in the butt right now

[ame]
Sponsored

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
Can you shed some more light on the subject? Ford had the track key for the Boss302 which essentially had a cam tune in it. The Boss302 had cats on it, so would it damage the cats on the Boss?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Can you shed some more light on the subject? Ford had the track key for the Boss302 which essentially had a cam tune in it. The Boss302 had cats on it, so would it damage the cats on the Boss?
It sounds at least to me like a MUCH less harsh lope than Lund. That may be the difference or possibly (less likely) different cats on the Boss?

I do wish the Lund lope tune was just a little more subtle between this and the current Lund. It's kind of none or blaring lope that sounds a bit too fake.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for taking the initiative, Beef. I thought that other company was being a lil lame on their tactics. I said months ago in a post, once the ghost cam Lund tune comes out, I will buy the nGauge. You have won another potential customer :cheers:.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
that is very interesting that Ford Racing did this on a catted car. Had no clue this was available.

So the question begs...Why doesn't Lund do this for catted cars?

Sponsored

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
I 'm sure they do it with fuel and cam timing which might be to rich for the cats and possible cause them to melt, which would be the recommendation of no cats. I wonder if you only use the cam tune when you go to car shows, cars and coffee, meets etc. if you could get away with leaving the cats on, use the standard tune for daily driving?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I 'm sure they do it with fuel and cam timing which might be to rich for the cats and possible cause them to melt, which would be the recommendation of no cats. I wonder if you only use the cam tune when you go to car shows, cars and coffee, meets etc. if you could get away with leaving the cats on, use the standard tune for daily driving?
I would like to know this, too.

Reactions: WKT

Branman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hey Beef is there any chance that Lund could come out with a less aggressive cam lope tune similar to the Boss cars which wouldn't be as harmful to the cats? This may be asking a ton. It seems that catless cars are a lot less than previous years because it either takes modifying the factory cat pipes or installing long tubes.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hey Beef is there any chance that Lund could come out with a less aggressive cam lope tune similar to the Boss cars which wouldn't be as harmful to the cats? This may be asking a ton. It seems that catless cars are a lot less than previous years because it either takes modifying the factory cat pipes or installing long tubes.
i'll mention it to them

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
I see another popular tuning company saying that the cam tune is bad for the cars per ford.

So, I thought I'd leave a little video from ford racing, offering the exact same type of tune for the 13/14 boss 302's.

figured we'd knip this in the bud right now
FTFY

I am a big supporter of science, and this falls under "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" -Marcello Truzzi

So they need to pony up real data. This isn't a third world country.

Sponsored

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
Man I want this tune so bad, but I'm not ready to ditch my cats on my DD just yet.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
wouldn't all the flashing back and forth from cam tune to non cam tune, jack that flash counter sky high?

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
I remember someone telling me that the cpu wasn't made to be flashed to many times and that doing so would corrupt the data. Is that a bunch of bologna or is there some truth to that Beefcake? I don't know how the CPU in our cars work b

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I know in the E92 M3 world a "cam" tune was offered to give the car the sound of a lopey idle was available, but only to catless cars as the tune would damage the cats.

Dave

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I +1 this and what I was trying to say too. Maybe a less aggressive lope can be used on cars with cats like the Boss. Plus it may sound a bit more "natural" than so dramatic that it sounds like a fake lope.

The Boss video has a nice subtle lope to it without sounding like it's a tune doing it.
Sponsored