Star Wars Rogue One

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Dont like the name. Dont like the fact that this isnt how the plans were really stolen. I think it will be a very good movie but im a huge expanded universe fan. Rogue belongs to Rogue squadron. Death star plans being stolen belongs to the Bothans.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Dont like the name. Dont like the fact that this isnt how the plans were really stolen. I think it will be a very good movie but im a huge expanded universe fan. Rogue belongs to Rogue squadron. Death star plans being stolen belongs to the Bothans.
:lol:
image.jpeg

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Uhhh not to out nerd you... But Bothans stole the second Death Star plans, not the first Death Star. :cool:

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Uhhh not to out nerd you... But Bothans stole the second Death Star plans, not the first Death Star. :cool:
You are correct. Sorry got my timelines a little mixed up. Its been awhile since i read the novels in that timeframe of the EU. I have been reading the distant future novels of late.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
They also did away with the EU when Disney bought out, from my understanding. So...they might borrow from it, but aren't required to follow it now.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
They also did away with the EU when Disney bought out, from my understanding. So...they might borrow from it, but aren't required to follow it now.
Yes i know. They had ties to it with the Force Awakens. I am happy they are doing more star wars. Dont get me wrong. Just wish that if they borrow from the EU that they do it right.

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
^^^ This^^^

There was so much good in the EU and a lot of bad to be fair. Either way they are borrowing from the EU inn one form or another. I doubt it will ever be 1 to 1 with cannon and the EU. But I'm just glad there's more Star Wars cannon to consume.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Have folks seen it who posted in this thread originally? What did you think?

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Have folks seen it who posted in this thread originally? What did you think?
I saw it....

It is past time for Star Wars to move on to new material... seriously... very, very time to move on....

I left there wondering why someone thought this film was necessary.... out of everything they could have made. This one? Hopefully the H solo movie will be interesting... I'm interested to see where they take that. Also the next Star Wars movie will be important for me.

This one? I should have waited for Nexflix....

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I thought it was a beautifully shot movie. I don't think it's necessary to keep going back and retelling old stories over and over again but I think they did a good job here tying in the old movies.

It was fun to spot the hidden clues throughout the movie. The point is to have fun at a movie, not dissect it to death.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think its a great movie. Better than any other prequel and I hope this is a trend to the movies going forward.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Upon first viewing, I liked it more than The Force Awakens, which I very much enjoyed the first time out. I will see it at least 2 more times to really take in some of the details. I think they took a few chances with it, but it also had familiar things, obviously because of the storyline. Visually, very impressive.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I liked it. I was really curious to see what if anything they'd have borrowed from the EU books, but didn't really expect them to. Even George Lucas said during interviews before he handed the franchise off to Disney that he liked the books, and was glad people were enjoying Star Wars, but they weren't HIS universe so he had no issue contradicting them about as much as he had no issue taking some of the ideas from them that he did like. He definitely took ideas such as Coruscant, the Jedi Council, etc. But it turns out that Boba Fett was not in fact some banished ex-Mandalorian soldier who was court-martialed for killing a superior officer over an act he viewed as dishonorable.

I was interested to see what if anything they might have borrowed from the books. In the EU, the Death Star plans were stolen from the planet Toprawa. And the Imperials came in and reduced that planet to a damn near medieval state of living and forced its denizens to beg and grovel and do humiliating a disparaging things in order to get food and get by as punishment. The designer of both Death Stars was a scientist named Bevel Lemelisk and after the first one was destroyed by such a exploitable flaw he was tortured to death by some kind of flesh eating beetle and then brought back as a clone with full memory of the experience and was threatened to do better the second time around. None of that was in this movie lol.
Sponsored