'16 Mustang GT Vert

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I had one for a while. My amp ran 180wpc at 4 ohms. Output was good in a coupe for interior listening. It sounded much better through a 24 dB crossover vs. a 12 dB setup. I had it mounted in my spare tire well. You won't wake the neighbors but it is a major upgrade on the base 6 speaker system. I opted for a sealer JL enclosure as I preferred the tone. Good luck with the install!

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Just did a quick read of your post again. I Had the single version, the double looks very interesting and a 2 ohm your amp should have more output. Looking forward to your feedback on this one.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
vnzbd you might want to read again. That is a powered sub (amp built in) and it runs at .2 ohm :eyebulge: I'm more of a Kicker budget, not JL, but that does look pretty impressive.

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Yes, I should have read closer! I personally am not the biggest fan of an integrated amp but I am sure it is a great product!

Sponsored

OP
OP

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
Yeah, I got the integrated amp ver. I'm normally not a fan either, but I was trying to keep it as clean and removable as I could. It is supposed to get here tomorrow and I'm having the car wired next Mon. I used to do that kind of stuff myself, and have had moments where I thought about tackling it, but I guess I'm getting lazing in my old age.

DR, it was a bit more than I wanted to spend myself. I've never owned anything JL before but when I started adding up a custom box, decent sub, and amp I wasn't too far off of the Microsub. We shall see if I made the right choice!

OP
OP

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
Well, I got it in and I'm underwhelmed. I think the speaker is great. With the trunk open you can feel it hitting hard, all kinds of things rattling. With the top up it is ok, not great, just ok. With the top down you really loose a lot of bass. I've tried moving it around a few times trying different positions but I can't find one that works with the top down.

What I don't understand is that I had an 07 with the Shaker 1000 and that thing sounded pretty good for a factory system. Can't figure out why an aftermarket setup can't get close.

Sponsored

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
just realized the link i posted is not really the "micro" sub

any reason why you went with that over the one i posted? i assume its because you had no factory woofer?

OP
OP

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
Yeah, i have a vert and there aren't many options are all. When I tried it out it fit perfectly int o the well under the well for the top. Neither the single 10 or 12 would fit.

I've got to figure out why I'm not getting much out of it from inside the cabin. I don't think it is the Sub's fault. Like I said when you open the trunk it sounds amazing.

OP
OP

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
Realized something today, as soon as I release the latch for the top the sound cuts out and when it comes back the bass is cut in half. Latch it again, sound cuts, and bass comes back. One again it seems Ford is playing games with the sound system.
Sponsored