Sponsored

Weird issue with Spotify applink app

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
I have SYNC3 and use the Spotify applink app running from my iPhone. Within the past month or so I've noticed that the 'Your Playlists' option has disappeared from the list (see image). I still have Albums and Songs, it's only the Playlists option that has gone away. Other than that it seems to be working as normal. I'll post over on the Spotify forums also but thought I'd try here first.

Anybody seen anything like this? Should I factory reset and see if the issue corrects itself?
IMG_3386.JPG
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
which version and build is it?

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I have the base stereo on my 2017 even, and for the first two days I had the car (bought it April 3rd) applink and Spotify worked excellently. Then for about two or so weeks it did not see the Spotify app at all and now it works again. You can try to factory reset but it might be the Spotify app itself. After the support calls to Ford they told me to try AccuWeather and Pandora applink all of which worked, so it must've been some Spotify update that broke it for me. May be the same for you too.

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
^ Agreed, some recent Spotify updates have messed up the API for Sync 3 and caused some issues. I don't think a factory reset would do anything due to the way the app was updated. I just use the Bluetooth audio and I don't have any issues with Spotify anymore.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OxFord6G

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
I posted over on the Spotify help forum so we'll see what comes of that. I plan on updating my car so that I can use Apple CarPlay but it looks like that's a whole other minefield when it comes to Spotify. I really don't want to switch away from Spotify because, out of all the other music services I've tried, I like their content the best.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Lately my applinkhas been working pretty reliably.
Sponsored