18MY

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No they do not. Even the regional would not confirm the dates on the chart going around, he just said '18 production would start around October and '17 would be a long production run and that he had no idea on who was getting '18 R allocations at this point (last week of June). I actually liked lightning blue a lot and originally wanted that color on my first 350 but it was no an option for my '16. So I decided to go ahead and pursue the '17 R and got lucky.

There are a couple on here to claim to have deposits on '18 allocations.. hopefully they are aware they have deposits on expected allocations and not actual allocations.
They might be taking deposits, but those are empty allocations at this point. My AG 17 allocation was confirmed by the regional ford rep. At the time, I was waiting for a very long time for my promised allocation to be built without any confirmation it was legit. I reached out to the regional rep and very politely asked for confirmation. Suddenly there was peace of mind.

There have been dealers who take orders without allocations or allocations that they perceive they might get. Anybody accepting an allocation and putting money down really should ask for confirmation from the ford rep that it is legit.

I know you have a very good relationship with your dealer and if you are happy with a handshake, you will probably be just fine.

My advice to everyone else, after playing the waiting game for over a year, is to put it all down in writing (agreed upon price, deposit given, and confirmation of the allocation by ford). Things over time get fuzzy and even a MY 17 could still be a way out. MY 18? Things will get even more fuzzy. Get it all in writing.
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
They might be taking deposits, but those are empty allocations at this point. My AG 17 allocation was confirmed by the regional ford rep. At the time, I was waiting for a very long time for my promised allocation to be built without any confirmation it was legit. I reached out to the regional rep and very politely asked for confirmation. Suddenly there was peace of mind.

There have been dealers who take orders without allocations or allocations that they perceive they might get. Anybody accepting an allocation and putting money down really should ask for confirmation from the ford rep that it is legit.

I know you have a very good relationship with your dealer and if you are happy with a handshake, you will probably be just fine.

My advice to everyone else, after playing the waiting game for over a year, is to put it all down in writing (agreed upon price, deposit given, and confirmation of the allocation by ford). Things over time get fuzzy and even a MY 17 could still be a way out. MY 18? Things will get even more fuzzy. Get it all in writing.
My dealer has been very up front with the whole deal, I traded my '16 track package car in on the chance of getting the allocation.. everyone I talked to said if they hadn't got the allocation they wouldn't. The deal took place on Memorial day.. so needless to say during the time between then and July 3rd I was very uneasy and actually started looking for another option. During that time I decided to reach out to the owner as he was the one working with the regional office to obtain the allocation. He was very good with keeping me in the loop and never made any guarantees. At one point it was 50/50 chance of getting the allocation, then it was "looking better" then the following week the rep confirmed they had the allocation and that it would be built. At that time I made a final adjustment to my order and now we wait.

This dealer is what I would call medium size but high volume. Which is how I'd prefer to have dealings, instead of a huge dealer.. I understand the benefits of larger dealers as some get multiple R's and double digit quantities of non-R's. It did help that I knew the person who got their 2016 R and what they paid.. so I put a little trust in the whole deal and believe it was worth it (will be once I'm sitting behind the wheel). About the only downside to the whole deal was due to the circumstances I lost a little bit of money trading vs. Selling outright. By the time it's all said and done I would have probably ended up with 2-3k additional by selling outright.. but for msrp I have no regrets. :)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My dealer has been very up front with the whole deal, I traded my '16 track package car in on the chance of getting the allocation.. everyone I talked to said if they hadn't got the allocation they wouldn't. The deal took place on Memorial day.. so needless to say during the time between then and July 3rd I was very uneasy and actually started looking for another option. During that time I decided to reach out to the owner as he was the one working with the regional office to obtain the allocation. He was very good with keeping me in the loop and never made any guarantees. At one point it was 50/50 chance of getting the allocation, then it was "looking better" then the following week the rep confirmed they had the allocation and that it would be built. At that time I made a final adjustment to my order and now we wait.

This dealer is what I would call medium size but high volume. Which is how I'd prefer to have dealings, instead of a huge dealer.. I understand the benefits of larger dealers as some get multiple R's and double digit quantities of non-R's. It did help that I knew the person who got their 2016 R and what they paid.. so I put a little trust in the whole deal and believe it was worth it (will be once I'm sitting behind the wheel). About the only downside to the whole deal was due to the circumstances I lost a little bit of money trading vs. Selling outright. By the time it's all said and done I would have probably ended up with 2-3k additional by selling outright.. but for msrp I have no regrets. :)
It sounds like you are on it. I traded mine as well. KBB said the top of the trade in range was 52 and change for the track pack, but decided instead of dealing with the BS, I took 51. It was deducted right off the MSRP plus 2K and I paid tax on the difference, so trading it in saved 51K in tax (about $3500).

I hope you get a speedy build, especially now that you are without a 350. In the end, it will all be worth it.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
It sounds like you are on it. I traded mine as well. KBB said the top of the trade in range was 52 and change for the track pack, but decided instead of dealing with the BS, I took 51. It was deducted right off the MSRP plus 2K and I paid tax on the difference, so trading it in saved 51K in tax (about $3500).

I hope you get a speedy build, especially now that you are without a 350. In the end, it will all be worth it.
I took 50 as I needed the equity to get my R and didn't feel like pulling teeth for 2-3k more.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Similar to mine but I had a Tech pack with low miles so they gave me fair trade in towards my R. Sitting in order processing now since 6-9... I think cotus is my most visited site now, :D

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
my guy still couldnt get my order in and said his rep either doesnt know or isnt saying when 18 orders are gonna happen

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Must have pushed it back lol

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Too early to know how many base and R's?

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That might be a 2017 they haven't sold but maybe not?
There is no doubt that is a 2017. He was responding to Kurac's question.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
They seem to be coming out pretty quickly now. My HR 486 is still pending release to me...painful

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
They seem to be coming out pretty quickly now. My HR 486 is still pending release to me...painful
Man I can't imagine how frustrated you must be... I would be pulling my hair out and have someone from Ford in a headlock :lol:
Sponsored