Stage 2 Whipple P0300 random misfire

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Not saying that this is the case or not BUT if the porcelain breaks at the electrode DETONATION is usually the cause regardless of the spark plug brand being used. I have used BRISK plugs in the past with 800 RWHP on gas and E85 and never had any problems with the porcelain breaking, if it cracks on the coil side of the plug that is an installation error.
11,000 miles on the NGK with the same tune. No issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FIVE_LITER

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
That plug was cracked during the install.
Definitely not denying that. I did think it was weird how it was fine for the first few hundred miles though before it started missing.

Car runs good now a couple thousand miles later though so I could care less how it happened :)

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Definitely not denying that. I did think it was weird how it was fine for the first few hundred miles though before it started missing.

Car runs good now a couple thousand miles later though so I could care less how it happened :)
I'm getting the p0300 too during high RPM runs. The CEL flashes but i don't feel a loss of power. With that cracked plug, did you feel power loss? Or there were no drivability symptoms at all?

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I'm getting the p0300 too during high RPM runs. The CEL flashes but i don't feel a loss of power. With that cracked plug, did you feel power loss? Or there were no drivability symptoms at all?
I'm fighting this issue as well. Dyno shows substantial power loss when this happens. (Already tried crank relearn). Checked plugs already too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FIVE_LITER

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
I didn't feel anything at first just had the cel coming on. It got much worse and it was definitely losing power and cutting out making it a really jerky ride. It got so bad I quit driving it until the new plugs came in.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
OP was it always a random cylinder misfire and replacing all resolved the issue? or was there something deeper? fighting a similar issue but non-fi. been fighting it since my cj install.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
I didn't feel anything at first just had the cel coming on. It got much worse and it was definitely losing power and cutting out making it a really jerky ride. It got so bad I quit driving it until the new plugs came in.
I believe I'm going through the same thing now. Last week I got the CEL for random misfire and I cleared the code and it didn't come back until yesterday . I just took my car on a little road trip and it flashed for about 30 seconds and then went away. Were you clearing the codes after they came on or were they going away on their own?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know of a guy who had the random misfire code. Turned out to be failed cats.
No idea how that works sorry.
Started out as misfire, eventually showed the cat code later.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
FWIW misfire codes can also come up from running too rich. Happens if you inject too much methanol with meth injection. Too much fuel in the cylinder to properly combust and it'll "put out" the flame. I had this happen until I dialed back my meth settings and/or had fuel pulled from my tune.
Sponsored