Sponsored

Daily Chat Topic Europe

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Someone drove a GT350 in blue metallic in the IAA parking garage :love: but I was horrified by the scratches and scuffs on the paint. Looked like it had seen it's fair time on the track and was able to get up close when it was parked to get a good look. Had only seen cars with <10k so far but they all looked fine.

We all know the Ford Mustang paint is pretty poor, so does any of you with a Mustang find the paint to be an issue ? How would you compare it to regular EU cars you have owned.

Long story short how is your paint on your Mustang doing ? And ever thought of using a protective film on your car ?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
So I just realized that there is no need to remove the front bumper anymore in case I ever need to do work on my front lighting stuff in the future. I just installed DD's side markers very easily, by placing my car at the edge of my garage, where I have very good access to work under the car. So, if I ever need to work behind the front bumper, I will simply do the same and will only remove the valence panel :headbang:

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Re: cabin air filter, I finally have here both the uk and china filters and.. both are different from the original one :-|

(Yeah, there is a toyota logo, but it was reported as compatible with 2015 mustang)
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

They are probably for the 5th gen mustang, but now that I removed my filter (and reinstalled back), I _really_ need a new filter! It was completely black.

picture.jpg

So, if none of you have some tip on where to find this filter in europe, I am forced to order from US.. paying more for shipping than for the filter.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Stefano, contact [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION]. I think PJ has a cabin filter from K&N. He posted it in our Mustang Europe group on Facebook I think. I am sure that he will be able to help you! :thumbsup:

I will let him know of your problem as well.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Gloss black Stanginator for sale

I have the only two "Stanginators" in Greece. One is on my car, the other one, a gloss black, is for sale. This is becoming a rare piece of art for our cars. I am selling it for 40 euros + shipping. As new. PM me if interested.

picture.jpg

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Stefano, contact [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION]. I think PJ has a cabin filter from K&N. He posted it in our Mustang Europe group on Facebook I think. I am sure that he will be able to help you! :thumbsup:

I will let him know of your problem as well.
I remember he said that k&n now is offering the mustang cabin air filter, but based on internet prices, it costs about twice the price for a standard filter + shipping from US..

nr.09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
K&n is original from the Netherlands lol. Didn’t they also have an German or European shop.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
If you'd need it...VF2053 is the product code :) Although you're right that you could have a complete maintenance kit from Ford (oil filter, air filter, cabin filter) for the same price.

Sponsored

DkStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Someone drove a GT350 in blue metallic in the IAA parking garage :love: but I was horrified by the scratches and scuffs on the paint. Looked like it had seen it's fair time on the track and was able to get up close when it was parked to get a good look. Had only seen cars with <10k so far but they all looked fine.

We all know the Ford Mustang paint is pretty poor, so does any of you with a Mustang find the paint to be an issue ? How would you compare it to regular EU cars you have owned.

Long story short how is your paint on your Mustang doing ? And ever thought of using a protective film on your car ?
Paint is extremely fragile, my bonnet and rear fenders look like complete crap after 11000km. Will probably have to get it sprayed this winter:shrug:

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Paint is extremely fragile, my bonnet and rear fenders look like complete crap after 11000km. Will probably have to get it sprayed this winter:shrug:
Surely that can't be right, 11k and thinking about a respray ?

DkStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sadly its right lots and lots of small rock chips. Bugs me every time i give it a wash! But maybe a little whipple under the hood would help
Sponsored