Sponsored

Military AutoSource Lottery Winners

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I have read that there were 29 lucky military service members who were selected in a lottery to buy a Shelby GT350 at below MSRP. If this applies to you please join this thread and lets discuss the process since it is different for us. I think we can help each other by sharing information that can be shared between the rest of us who are purchasing the car through MAS. Congrats to all of you who were selected.
Sponsored

jtn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have one on order. I'm on deployment, but my wife is working with the MAS rep and put down the deposit and submitted the order. All I know about the process is what she's told me.

I think it is as simple as winning the lotto drawing, deciding options, submitting an order and deposit. You have to pick a delivery time/location.

Anyone else have any other insight?

Cheers,
Jason

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Not to thread jack, but any info on the lottery process? I want to prepare myself for the FoRS lottery.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am one of the 29 winners.

Ordered GT350 w/ Tech
Magnetic w/blue stripes (trying to change to black stripes)
Delivered to US Port in Feb
delivered to Germany around March

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Blue Stripes Tech ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not to thread jack, but any info on the lottery process? I want to prepare myself for the FoRS lottery.

Are you talking about the Focus RS?

They will do a lottery if MAS receives a limited number of allocations.

Each MAS Store will take the information and enter you into the lottery or you can do it yourself online. I did both.

Then you wait for the drawing. If selected you get a call to go in and make you options selections. And place a down payment.

Then you wait for delivery.

Most likely people entered and will not go through with the order.

So officially MAS will continue to hold drawing until down payment have been accepted for each allocation.

I believe these follow on drawing is where MAS has some leeway in placing someone into an allocation without winning the lottery. The sales rep can tell you about that.

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
I am not 100% sure but I was told by two of the reps in my area that they will not be getting an allocation for the Focus RS. Maybe that changes later :shrug:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What is interesting is sending one to Germany, dealers have been told they can't be exported. Not sure how all that works but we should be sending a few over seas for the troops to enjoy.

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
Good afternoon,

So far according to both my rep and the coordinator of deliveries from MAS, I was the last lottery winner. The truth is that someone was called up first, and he or she did not have the deposit/loan approval in time. My built date is for June 2016, but I am calling every other week requesting an earlier built date. No success yet.

As far as my experience, this is exactly how it was:

-Notified the lottery drawing began early August.
-Got an email and a 24 hr notification eventually telling me to come in the office for paperwork.
-Documents to present are the loan approval for the entire amount minus the deposit, official military orders, bank statement as further proof that I could afford the car (I am only an E4), Purchase Addendum (agreeing among other things not to sell for at least a year, and accepting that guarantees of delivery until July 2016).
-Ordering the car to my specifications (only the Base GT350 was available with either package, no Rs.
-Discount on the base MSRP on the vehicle, on the package, on the car cover, $500 MAS credit, and most importantly no Gas Guzzler Tax.
-Finally, you receive an email from the delivery coordinator with the estimated date, plus exact dealer name and location where to pick it up. You read it/accept it and reply.
-Then you wait, and wait some more, until eventually you will get notified of the exact VIN and built date. That as far as I know.

Total damage to my wallet... $54,003 ;)

Race Red GT350 w/ Track Package, no stripes, no black roof
Waiting to buy the GT350 R matte black/rip pin stripes

Hope this helps others.

Last edited:

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Guess E4s are making a lot more than when I retired last year LOL.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I am not 100% sure but I was told by two of the reps in my area that they will not be getting an allocation for the Focus RS. Maybe that changes later :shrug:
I've talked to 6 different guys here (I prefer overkill) and they all said they have no information on the RS. They all assume they will have some allocations though. I might be SOL though.

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
E4 Pay

Guess E4s are making a lot more than when I retired last year LOL.
:lol:You are not wrong. My superiors say they are concerned about my finances too. But here's how I can afford it: I have been using a rebuilt title 06 Honda Civic for the last 3 years, I gave up my motorcycle, have been saving money, have a dependent, currently deployed overseas in a tax free zone, and I'm receiving bonus pay. The truth is that this is my dream car, I have always wanted to own a Shelby period, and owning this would mean a lot to me. I am committing myself to paying it off and not having a car payment for at least 3-5 years after that.

If the time comes that I cannot afford the car anymore, then I will sell it. But passing a below MSRP deal on this car was too good to pass up

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just remember that there is a lot more cost to owning a car than monthly payments.

Insurance being the biggest
Maintenance
Gas
And speeding tickets
To new a few

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good, they deserve that perk.

In most cases it not much of a perk. On "normal" cars you can usually get a better price from a local dealer.

They only sell ford, Chrysler and Harley on base.

Off base there are a few more makes like Audie, Nissan, and Toyota to name a few.

I'm only dealing with them on this vehicle because of the dealer ADMs (that MAS can't charge) and most likely wouldn't buy anything except a Hellcat from them.

Sponsored