Evaporator went out

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
Got mine back. My tech did an excellent job. Can't even tell he pulled the dash on it. And it will freeze your ass out of the car now!!! Too bad it took Ford 41 days to get the part to them.
My 2016 GT PP is at Rountree in Shreveport now. It's been there 11 days now. I don't think they started working on it until this past Monday. They had the part in stock. They were just waiting on a big stall to work on it. Apparently there is a ton of stuff that has to come out in order replace the evap box. I'm hoping I'll get it back by Friday.
Sponsored

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
11,000 miles on my 2015 GT and the AC stopped working. It put a white film all over the inside of my windshield. I could swear I was getting headaches when it was happening. No AC in Florida... Ford refused to pay for the expense of a loaner while they are waiting on the part on back order. According to the dealer they have had a bunch coming in with this problem. I asked if the new evaporator is any different and they said no...... They are going to have to rip apart the dash to do it. Anyone else go through this?
Going through this now they told me the same exact thing...picking the car up today or tomorrow then taking it back on Monday for the repairs. They wouldn't cover a loaner for me because the service guy claims their dealer doesn't offer loaner cars.

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Going through this now they told me the same exact thing...picking the car up today or tomorrow then taking it back on Monday for the repairs. They wouldn't cover a loaner for me because the service guy claims their dealer doesn't offer loaner cars.
You folks that are being denied loaner or rental cars while your Mustang is down need to call the Ford Customer Service Number that's in your manual. My dealer has no problem with paying for a loaner or rental. I've been told that if the dealer deny's you a loaner or rental, after you contact Ford Customer Service, a vehicle will be provided to you.

Reactions: af3

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I called my service tech this morning. I'm not getting the car back today. She said they will have a better idea on Monday. The gave me a rental, so I'm not rushing them but I sure wish I had my Pony back.

Sponsored

Mark52479

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Mine went out last week.

Dropped it off 8am and at 6pm same day they said it will be ready.

Should I be worried it only took them one day to do the install?

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mine went out last week.

Dropped it off 8am and at 6pm same day they said it will be ready.

Should I be worried it only took them one day to do the install?
There's no way in Hell that they can replace an evap core in one day. Look at mine when it was in the shop. It took them two weeks to do mine but granted the tech was taking his time. I'm sure it can be done in a few days with a couple of really good techs teaming up.

Here's a link to another thread on this: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1913640#post1913640
Evap_Replace.jpg

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Oh man I hope mine never fails! I dont trust Ford technicians to put my car back together again without new rattles or scratching something.

Mark52479

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
There's no way in Hell that they can replace an evap core in one day. Look at mine when it was in the shop. It took them two weeks to do mine but granted the tech was taking his time. I'm sure it can be done in a few days with a couple of really good techs teaming up.

Here's a link to another thread on this: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1913640#post1913640

I know that is why I am a little concerned.

I guess I will have to go over everything with a fine comb tomorrow.

FYI: if anyone is interested my car has 1,500 miles on it only and the evap core went out.

Mark52479

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
So I picked up my car this morning and everything is perfect so far (knock on wood)

No noises behind the dash, all the buttons work, cant even tell the dash was even taken out.

Surprised they were able to do it in one day. Now the tech did say he has done a bunch of them so I guess if they know what they are doing it could be done quickly.

Also the party they put in is:

FR3Z-19850-Y

I tried to do a search for it but nothing comes up on google. Maybe its new part Ford is using?

Anyway so far fingers crossed everything perfect with new Evap

Sponsored

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Read this thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62682

Some folks have had good results and others not so good. I thought it was a bad dream when the service tech told me the dash had to come out. Everything turned out as well as can be expected in my case. I do feel that FOMOCO should step up to the plate on this one. I've owned 1996, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2011 and 2016 Mustang GT's. This is the first time that I've ever had a serious problem. I'm very disappointed in Ford's blatant disregard to own this issue. If I didn't love my S550 so much, it would be gone. I'm fairly certain I will get rid of the car when the B2B runs out....

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
A little late, but I got my car back 2 weeks ago. Dropped it off Tuesday evening and got it back Thursday. I got my Mishi IC installed right after. The A/C is blowing perfectly again. My service rep told me it was a 10 hour job. This was the second time I had to get my A/C fixed and hopefully the last lol. If I didn't love my car as much as I do it would've been sold already. Good luck to my fellow evap issue owners!

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Special order '16 base with 9,500 miles. A/C is blowing about 75 degrees out of the vents - takes about 5 minutes to feel "decent". Taking it in soon - never thought I'd be making a warranty claim, but oh well. Knew I was in for some bumpy spots in the road buying a domestic. 15 yr old Acura is still blowing ice cold A/C as it should...

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Special order '16 base with 9,500 miles. A/C is blowing about 75 degrees out of the vents - takes about 5 minutes to feel "decent". Taking it in soon - never thought I'd be making a warranty claim, but oh well. Knew I was in for some bumpy spots in the road buying a domestic. 15 yr old Acura is still blowing ice cold A/C as it should...
Had mine replaced too, they did a great job with the interior, everything put back together like factory new.

It all just depends, our 8 year old Toyota T4R, and that's a 4th Gen with a J VIN prefix, lost its evaporator too and it wasn't under warranty.
Sponsored