OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
So your taking this guys word for it and telling everyone that Chevy cheated and acting like its fact. That's pretty gullible.:confused:
Um, did you see where the clock stopped and where the finish line was at? You need to stop the stop watch at the finish line, not 1/2 a second before...

You pass a lot of manufacturers best efforts cheating 0.5 seconds off your lap time at the Ring. Show some decency and dignity...

The z28's "Official" Nurburgring Lap time is flawed by Chevy's own hand. They clearly stopped the stop watch prior to the finish line... A whole 11 frames prior, about 4/10ths of a second. That is a possible 7:38 and, would have put it in a different company.

Then, they never show anyone the ACTUAL z28 that lapped the 7:37.47 (that was attained by stopping the stopwatch early). Unlike the Ring ZL1, the Nurburg"rain" z28 has gone missing. It shows up in the Press Kit, doing laps at GM's Test Track in Michigan... with NO racing serious racing equipment installed... As if its stock, even down to the OEM seatbelt. Don't gimme that crap... The ZL1 was in FULL body armor when it did it's 7:41.

Doesn't matter really, the ZL1 was caught cheating at the Ring too. It started the watch LATE on it's run... Why would Ford (or how could Ford) compete with a cheat?

If the GT350R runs a 7:32.19, awesome... If they did indeed run a 7:28 too, great... If the GT350TP ends up being near (or maybe better I hear) the 2014 z28's Ring time for $20,000 cheaper... that is fantastic...

What's next??? An 11.9@120 in the 1/4?

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I've watched tons of those videos, and they all seem to end at the same place. I'm sure if they were pulling this stuff it would be brought up by more official people then some guy on a forum.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I've watched tons of those videos, and they all seem to end at the same place. I'm sure if they were pulling this stuff it would be brought up by more official people then some guy on a forum.
Did you not see the frame by frame analysis? The clock stopped at 7:37.47 right? That is the official Chevrolet 2014 z28 Nurburgring lap time by the way... Then the z28 continues to roll and crosses the finish line about 1/2 a second later.

I'm sorry, that was Chevy that did that... Not Travis. He just posted the pics and showed people Chevy was cheating. Then he busted the ZL1 doing the same thing at the starting line.

IF the GT350R's video is released, I hope to god it is compared to the 2014 z28's. Hopefully, people will notice that Chevy goofed the damn stop watch. This company has cut corners before and I don't mean in road racing.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are not these gps timers, they start at a point and end at a point. So who sets start and end spots for the day. They start from a rolling start, so who's says they didn't start a bit early? If that time was in question, I'm sure Ford or other manufacturers would question it to make them look bad.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Are not these gps timers, they start at a point and end at a point. So who sets start and end spots for the day. They start from a rolling start, so who's says they didn't start a bit early? If that time was in question, I'm sure Ford or other manufacturers would question it to make them look bad.
Oh it's in question, and yes, we have been making them look bad...

They have gone to great extremes to distract conversation away from the z28 and Nurburgring. Who sets the start and end spots? Um, that would traditionally fall on the START/FINISH lines. Chevy applies the timer to the video the same way Travis did with the GT500's lap time.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
Um, did you see where the clock stopped and where the finish line was at? You need to stop the stop watch at the finish line, not 1/2 a second before...

You pass a lot of manufacturers best efforts cheating 0.5 seconds off your lap time at the Ring. Show some decency and dignity...

The z28's "Official" Nurburgring Lap time is flawed by Chevy's own hand. They clearly stopped the stop watch prior to the finish line... A whole 11 frames prior, about 4/10ths of a second. That is a possible 7:38 and, would have put it in a different company.

Then, they never show anyone the ACTUAL z28 that lapped the 7:37.47 (that was attained by stopping the stopwatch early). Unlike the Ring ZL1, the Nurburg"rain" z28 has gone missing. It shows up in the Press Kit, doing laps at GM's Test Track in Michigan... with NO racing serious racing equipment installed... As if its stock, even down to the OEM seatbelt. Don't gimme that crap... The ZL1 was in FULL body armor when it did it's 7:41.

Doesn't matter really, the ZL1 was caught cheating at the Ring too. It started the watch LATE on it's run... Why would Ford (or how could Ford) compete with a cheat?

If the GT350R runs a 7:32.19, awesome... If they did indeed run a 7:28 too, great... If the GT350TP ends up being near (or maybe better I hear) the 2014 z28's Ring time for $20,000 cheaper... that is fantastic...

What's next??? An 11.9@120 in the 1/4?
dude,

you know the new 1/4 mile is now 1000 ft. ? right! :lol:

i am pissed that i now have to take day off work on thur before sebring to go down and wait with my phone for a shot of the new car that is going to be likely sandbagging. sad but true. i really wish motorsports were still like the old trans am days, where they just cheated and got caught or not..

i call the rumbum win to my friend that was at his first race.. i was sad when i said it, but i knew it was going to happen.

beers

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Corner Marshall's need to Black Flag sandbaggers, especially if they pull off. The Boss 302's did that in SCCA to avoid further restriction for finishing 1-5.

If you are off the pace, you should get pulled ASAP.

It appears the actual GT350.R for CTSC is going to only cost $89,000. That is the same as the Boss 302S.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Appearently, video of the 7:32.19 run was put up and taken down. I am eager to see the run itself... Someone who seen the video said the road looked wet and the GT350 was all over the place in some areas.

In bigger news, Seven Oh Joe (aka Lowdown) has been suspended on Camaro5.

Hahaha!!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Appearently, video of the 7:32.19 run was put up and taken down. I am eager to see the run itself... Someone who seen the video said the road looked wet and the GT350 was all over the place in some areas.

In bigger news, Seven Oh Joe (aka Lowdown) has been suspended on Camaro5.

Hahaha!!
Be very interesting to see that video.

To post that time in those conditions...

Would be insanity.

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read the write up on that time and it said it was done back in September. I wonder why so late to leak to hear it now.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I read the write up on that time and it said it was done back in September. I wonder why so late to leak to hear it now.
Oh man, if I have time, I will dig up the initial post...

Waaaaaaaaaay back in June 2011, I personally attended an Industry Pool event at Nurburgring. I was informed that the '13 GT500 mules were going to be a the Jaguar garage and, would be lapping the Ring all week.

I seen a lot of things those few days, a few of those things were lap times. Some of those things were about the Dark Beer at Tiergarten and how bad it is to NOT follow F1 in Europe. I initially reported that the cars (more than one), were lapping the Ring between 7:30 and 7:40. I personally witnessed a 7:35 and 7:4x from two cars that lapped there via a club members stopwatch and track wide coordination.

Everyone said I was cracked...

TWO YEARS AND SOME MONTHS LATER, SVTP's SID (Travis) receives a flying lap of a more OEM GT500 that was run around the 49th Birthday the following year (April 2012).

So... It doesn't surprise me...

All in all, I guess I was used to circulate a time with ZERO proof other than what may have seemed like good fortune telling and coincidence. However, it doesn't change what I saw and, I stuck to the truth. It wasn't until the video and findings of SVTP were released that people silently sh!t themselves.

I have a feeling that people are about to defecate again...

Edit: LOL, I can't find the link but there are qoutes on the web of my very post on that day.

'thePill', on 12 Jun 2011 - 07:27 AM, said:
Long time reader and first time poster. I am currently stationed in Kaiserslauthern, Germany and was informed on Tuesday that there was a new GT500 testing at Nurburgring. I went up on Wednesday and Thursday to check it out. There were quite a few club members there and they were clocking both cars throughout the week. You could not get near the vehicles (not that I would try) and no questions were answered. It rained Monday, Tuesday and some on Wednesday and was cool and clear the rest of the week (about 65-72). I could not hear a supercharger or a turbo but I was not very close to the actual track and exhaust was pretty decent (and tire noise). Club members here clocked the red GT500 around a best of 7:30 and the black one around 7:40. There were two passengers most of the time with the occasional driver only run. The cars would do 2-3 laps of 8 minute laps and then move to a 7:XX lap so it seems heat soak was being looked at as well. It was said that Karl Gieger was there personally but I don't know if anybody from the US has heard of him. The traffic was pretty low when I went up on Wednesday and Thursday and I was told that the it was that way pretty much all week. Both cars would do 2-3 laps, sometimes running together, sometimes one at a time and then they would disappear for 30 minutes. There were a series of 10 minute laps (which is slow) and as I said, multiple time keepers clocked the cars mid 7 minutes at their best under very good weather and traffic. This is all I know, I have iPhone video of some turns but it really sucks and the audio was crappy so I didn't keep them, the group I was in picked a location way too far from the track IMO. We were told that there would be photos and video online later this month so I didn't care about the video. I was surprised when I checked the internet late Thursday night and found it posted already.

Anyway, I thought the lap times would be interesting at least, I am trying to circulate this info as much as possible. I was also told that a local guy ran his Boss 302 LS at a 7:45-7:49 which is right on par with the BMW M3 GTS and the Audi R8 V10 but this, along with everything else I was told is all hearsay. I did however, confirm a 7:35 from the red GT500 and a 7:43 from the black car via a club members stop watch so... I can see a 7:30 and a 7:40 from these cars. There was speculation about the Red GT500 being a Nurburgring edition and the other being a future production GT500 SVTPP. There was speculation that maybe one was a manual and one was an auto and that one was a 2012 and the red one was a 2013.... either way, they were both very fast and ran most of the day for most of the week...

Hope this helps...
I think most people misunderstand thePill, I spend my money, my time and my resources just to talk about things here, with Mustang fans, FIRST. I have always been that way since March 8th, 2010. Today, at 4:18am, I had received almost a dozen notifications about a GT350 Ring run video. I woke up, came down to the office and made phone calls... I have fun hearing about stuff first...

I understand though. The first Cavemen to sit through a story about fire from "this one guy" had no idea what to think. It wasn't until they seen it that everything became clear. But put yourself in the shoes of "that one guy" trying to explain this to everyone using a broke means of communication. I am very excited to tell people these things, but only the d!ckheads bring out the d!ckhead in me...

I am a fanatic, yes, no different than Camaro5 or Camry6 (LOL at Camry6!!! That's about it though). The real difference? Is where we placed our faith I guess. I say things in vast amounts and, for the most part, Ford backs me up to some extent. Not always but, they certainly have a concrete time table for things. Those other guys? They are constantly played with... and that makes me sad...

Last edited:
OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Ford Racing has begun taking orders for the Ford Racing Turn Key Mustang GT. Under the Boss302S order number...

This is being called the Mustang GTRR right now or, just Mustang Road Racer. It will be available and legal for a number of SCCA and NASA classes.

Hopefully they are forced to homologate a GTRR and I get my wish... An actual competition focused GT for the Mustang like the 1LE was for the Camaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.