Frozentroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I got an email last week saying that my convenience package would have to be changed due to the same seat issue. Mine is ordered through Military Auto Source and not due for delivery until August. I just changed my order to electronics package to keep my order. I'd rather have the car than the convenience package seats.
At least I know I'm not the only one being told the seat story. But how can a company the size of Ford just not have the seats :confused: That is some really poor planning there. And when the 18 order bank opens they just going to say sorry, The R's come with no back seat and the convenience package comes with no front?:crazy:
Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I got an email last week saying that my convenience package would have to be changed due to the same seat issue. Mine is ordered through Military Auto Source and not due for delivery until August. I just changed my order to electronics package to keep my order. I'd rather have the car than the convenience package seats.
Ditto. I did contact FP after my dealer told me the order needed to be changed about three weeks ago and FP confirmed the seat issue. Darn, gotta go with Recaros!

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Ford doesn't make the seats. They are at the mercy of whatever company is supplying the seats. I went through the same issue in 2005 when Visteon, the company that made the mycolor lighting for then then new 05 mustang couldn't keep up with demand for the mustang lighting. My delivery was delayed almost 4 weeks. They did however knock off $1000 for every week it was delayed.

jakermc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There are many 17 Convenience pack cars siting in showrooms.
What he said.

I just picked up a 17 with conv pack last week at MSRP. No recall issue. Why not just call around and pick up a car that is on the lot and ready to go?

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Pissed :mad: I went to my local dealer today to buy a GT350. They had 2 '16s that they couldn't sell because of the recall. Didn't like the colors anyway. I spoke to the manager who said I could order a '17. So off I go with the salesman. After specing out the options the salesman said that I would have to pay a $10k ADM. I immediately told him no and asked for the manager. The manager wouldn't budge an inch so I walked.

Still mad and just venting. Somewhere someone will sell me one without the ridiculous ADM! Anyone have any leads on a shadow black, no stripe, leather seat model for MSRP?

Sponsored

jakermc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Pissed :mad: I went to my local dealer today to buy a GT350. They had 2 '16s that they couldn't sell because of the recall. Didn't like the colors anyway. I spoke to the manager who said I could order a '17. So off I go with the salesman. After specing out the options the salesman said that I would have to pay a $10k ADM. I immediately told him no and asked for the manager. The manager wouldn't budge an inch so I walked.

Still mad and just venting. Somewhere someone will sell me one without the ridiculous ADM! Anyone have any leads on a shadow black, no stripe, leather seat model for MSRP?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Ford-M...5c48ae97:g:u9YAAOSw241YehVZ&item=302195977879

No idea about price though.

Last week there was a dealer in Montana who had a black one listed on Ebay with no reserve an an opening bid $100 below MSRP. Car did not sell. Might try and find that dealer. Can't remember about seats or stripes.

Incredible that the dealers in FL still won't budge. I tried myself. If you are willing to go out of state though it's a breeze.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Ford-M...5c48ae97:g:u9YAAOSw241YehVZ&item=302195977879

No idea about price though.

Last week there was a dealer in Montana who had a black one listed on Ebay with no reserve an an opening bid $100 below MSRP. Car did not sell. Might try and find that dealer. Can't remember about seats or stripes.

Incredible that the dealers in FL still won't budge. I tried myself. If you are willing to go out of state though it's a breeze.
Cool! I'm willing to go out of state. Bought my last bimmer sight unseen in Atlanta. Couldn't have been smoother and the car was a gem.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Bought a black one off the lot (almost as it was coming off the truck, actually) over Thanksgiving weekend from a small-town dealer in Wisconsin. This time of year, check those in the colder climates and you may get lucky and find one collecting dust (or at least costing the dealership owner some floorplan money) and swing a deal. Mine was $1,500 under MSRP, so the deals are out there.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Bought a black one off the lot (almost as it was coming off the truck, actually) over Thanksgiving weekend from a small-town dealer in Wisconsin. This time of year, check those in the colder climates and you may get lucky and find one collecting dust (or at least costing the dealership owner some floorplan money) and swing a deal. Mine was $1,500 under MSRP, so the deals are out there.
:cheers:

ChiliPhilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB

Go North Sir! $850 under MSRP for what I believe you are looking for. That would pay for shipping.

http://www.applefordshakopee.com/ne...40a0e0ae74e1acf5c208c2ed9.htm?searchDepth=1:1

P.S. cars.com and carguru.com were my two best friends when searching for Shelbys.

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
A friend of mine told me 2 R's on sale at Huntington Beach Ford only $50,000 over sticker. What a deal :amen:

actionjackson83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
ADM is going to be a reality until they can fix and get the 2016s sold. You just have to be patient. I'll likely just go the used 2017 route in a year and continue saving to pay it in full at this point.

SHLB DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Received my 2017 today

Paid slightly below MSRP in Minnesota for my OW 2017 GT350, I live in So Cal and I simply refused to pay the ADM in California. The whole process took a while...paperwork, trade in...but the longest part was getting the get car shipped, took approximately 1.5 months because I wanted to ship in enclosed truck. The guys at Marthaler Ford in Worthington were amazingly helpful and honest, good people. I traded in my 2008 Civic SI in December and got the car just this morning, it took a while but being patient and persistent paid off. My advice is keep looking, be patient, polite and be persistent....and know that it won't be easy but it can be done. I drove it this morning and it's all I expected it to be....a beast! Next stop DMV.

Last edited:

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Paid slightly below MSRP in Minnesota for my OW 2017 GT350, I live in So Cal and I simply refused to pay the ADM in California. The whole process took a while...paperwork, trade in...but the longest part was getting the get car shipped, took approximately 1.5 months because I wanted to ship in enclosed truck. The guys at Marthaler Ford in Worthington were amazingly helpful and honest, good people. I traded in my 2008 Civic SI in December and got the car just this morning, it took a while but being patient and persistent paid off. My advice is keep looking, be patient, polite and be persistent....and know that it won't be easy but it can be done. I drove it this morning and it's all I expected it to be....a beast! Next stop DMV.
Can I ask how you handled the trade? Did Marthaler Ford take the trade directly or did you work with a local dealer?

I really want to try pinging some of dealers in the 200-300 mile radius but I want to trade in my car for a down payment. Thanks!
Sponsored