Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Can I ask how you handled the trade? Did Marthaler Ford take the trade directly or did you work with a local dealer?

I really want to try pinging some of dealers in the 200-300 mile radius but I want to trade in my car for a down payment. Thanks!
I did my trade with a NC dealer, I live in FL, and sent lots of info the dealer requested plus pictures. We agreed on a value and when I picked up the GT350 I delivered the trade. There were no issues re car condition and value. First time dealing with Ashboro Ford but they are #1 in my book.

Peter
Sponsored

SHLB DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Can I ask how you handled the trade? Did Marthaler Ford take the trade directly or did you work with a local dealer?

I really want to try pinging some of dealers in the 200-300 mile radius but I want to trade in my car for a down payment. Thanks!
After first talking to them on the phone and asking what they wanted for the 350, in November I sent lots of pictures to them, mentioned it was paid off and that I had carfax report (which I also emailed to them )and low miles, 62K on a 2008 Civic. I was honest about condition and they agreed right up front with trade in value, which was $2K more than what carmax would offer. They agreed without even seeing the vehicle, we did paperwork over regular mail in early Dec, shipped my car to them in early December and they were very patient with the shipping of the GT350 to me....since this took over a month to find a covered truck.

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
Paid slightly below MSRP in Minnesota for my OW 2017 GT350, I live in So Cal and I simply refused to pay the ADM in California. The whole process took a while...paperwork, trade in...but the longest part was getting the get car shipped, took approximately 1.5 months because I wanted to ship in enclosed truck. The guys at Marthaler Ford in Worthington were amazingly helpful and honest, good people. I traded in my 2008 Civic SI in December and got the car just this morning, it took a while but being patient and persistent paid off. My advice is keep looking, be patient, polite and be persistent....and know that it won't be easy but it can be done. I drove it this morning and it's all I expected it to be....a beast! Next stop DMV.
Congrats! That's a long time for shipping - did it have to do with the weather? Mine shipped enclosed across the country in December in 6 days. Anyway don't forget you a need a smog check to register it at DMV and should wait about 100 miles before you get it.

SHLB DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! That's a long time for shipping - did it have to do with the weather? Mine shipped enclosed across the country in December in 6 days. Anyway don't forget you a need a smog check to register it at DMV and should wait about 100 miles before you get it.
Not really the weather, it was due to Worthington being a small town and a bit out of the way, between Minneapolis and Souix Falls. Got the impression that not alot of trucks have routes or deliveries around that area. It's a bit out of the way...but in the end it was a great deal for them and me. By that I mean there's not a lot of demand for a GT350 in Minnesota in January and for me it meant not settling on a 2016 down here with a slight mark up. I was hoping to get the car before Christmas but that didn't happen and I did feel a little frustrated but I knew there would be challenges but I flat out refused to pay the crazy $10K+ ADM in California.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Update: spent the day going to different dealers in the area. As suspected ADM is in play especially in this neighborhood (NYC/NJ). Got close with one dealer but only got them to $4k over sticker and didn't want another white car (trading in a perf while 2011 5.0). One sales guy reporting Jan 2017 is slow so maybe there was more to go but every dealer refused sticker.

I guess I'll try out of state ... any tips for approaching these dealers? AT this point I almost want to email blast and say if we're not talking MSRP there's nothing in it for me to keep talking... haha

Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I guess I'll try out of state ... any tips for approaching these dealers? AT this point I almost want to email blast and say if we're not talking MSRP there's nothing in it for me to keep talking... haha
I had to deal out of state, none of the Florida dealers wanted to play ball. I sent emails to every dealer I could for about 2 weeks straight, (about 2 to 3 new emails a day), and was corresponding with all of them at once until I found "the one". If you put in the work, you will find the deal for you.

Good luck sir.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Fastback, 22 GT500 awaiting delivery
Update: spent the day going to different dealers in the area. As suspected ADM is in play especially in this neighborhood (NYC/NJ). Got close with one dealer but only got them to $4k over sticker and didn't want another white car (trading in a perf while 2011 5.0). One sales guy reporting Jan 2017 is slow so maybe there was more to go but every dealer refused sticker.

I called numerous dealers and just kept offering sticker price. The one I finally purchased started out at $5k over. After a few days they called back and said they would take sticker. Short 4 hour drive out of state the next day and the deal was done.

Check out the facebook gt350 pages, there have been a few posts at or below sticker on there. Keep watching ebay also. If you don't want to buy through ebay just call the dealer who has it listed and work out a deal.

Here's one for just under sticker that's on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Ford-M...52d6717c:g:aPwAAOSwo4pYh8Zd&item=332102267260

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Got one. :)

2017 White with blue stripes + convenience package, I'm so excited i forgot to note the chassis number before I put it away tonight with the new cover (what a touch to add to it).

ALSO i need to stop reading everything I hear on the internet. After 3 days of searching strings of dealers in this area, my dad said "hey why don't we try the one on Northern Blvd in Woodside ?"... You know, like 10 miles from my house... in the area of LIC where the new condos go for at least $4k/month ... great location for a deal right ? :)

Not even much of a negotiation. They started right at MSRP and told me this is a gift (also being month's end didn't hurt :) ). Needless to say , I know a gift when I see one.

Anyway white with blue stripes IS the GT350 color. Thanks everyone for the advice! It reminds me of all the best parts of my old 2011 5.0 but turned up to '12'. This car is going to kill at autox this year.... met life stadium has the smoothest/fastest parking lots...

Last edited:

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
Any one paying over sticker now is crazy. Last weekend, a dealer in LA called me and asked if I was still looking because he has 5 on his lot and said an offer of 3 to 5k over is all he is asking. If 3k over is asking in LA, they should be going under msrp in rural areas now.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Any one paying over sticker now is crazy. Last weekend, a dealer in LA called me and asked if I was still looking because he has 5 on his lot and said an offer of 3 to 5k over is all he is asking. If 3k over is asking in LA, they should be going under msrp in rural areas now.
Agreed...

I guess going out of state could've netted me more savings but it was such an easy and convenient transaction ... the dealer approached us like we were a valued customer, not like the 'bottom digging rats' that all the big ADM-er dealers were treating us once I uttered the words "I'm looking for a Shelby" ...

they made it easy to give them the business and cross the finish line, I just crossed it already...MSRP is 100% still a bargain for this car.

Sponsored

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
Agreed...

I guess going out of state could've netted me more savings but it was such an easy and convenient transaction ... the dealer approached us like we were a valued customer, not like the 'bottom digging rats' that all the big ADM-er dealers were treating us once I uttered the words "I'm looking for a Shelby" ...

they made it easy to give them the business and cross the finish line, I just crossed it already...MSRP is 100% still a bargain for this car.
Agreed... had they offered me msrp back in november, i'd have a gt350 stuck in the garage with snow on the ground instead of my gtpp.

Since they wouldn't do it then, the weather moved in, and the 2018's are confirmed, I lost all motivation to do a deal right now. Now I just tell them all they should have taken my offer then... have fun sitting on that 17 when the 18's come out... greedy bastards

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
The funniest thing about this past weekend was that I was trying to help my girlfriend buy a Kia Sportage SX AWD and all the dealers in LA had addendums on them! Every last one said 2k to 3k over sticker. I just laughed at them and said you have to be kidding. I wouldn't pay it on a gt350, we sure as hell aren't paying it on a Kia.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
That's crazy... i needed to go on the kia site to see what you were talking about. Anything to make a buck even on the 'redesigned' look/same underneath Sportage.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Got one. :)

2017 White with blue stripes + convenience package, I'm so excited i forgot to note the chassis number before I put it away tonight with the new cover (what a touch to add to it).

ALSO i need to stop reading everything I hear on the internet. After 3 days of searching strings of dealers in this area, my dad said "hey why don't we try the one on Northern Blvd in Woodside ?"... You know, like 10 miles from my house... in the area of LIC where the new condos go for at least $4k/month ... great location for a deal right ? :)

Not even much of a negotiation. They started right at MSRP and told me this is a gift (also being month's end didn't hurt :) ). Needless to say , I know a gift when I see one.

Anyway white with blue stripes IS the GT350 color. Thanks everyone for the advice! It reminds me of all the best parts of my old 2011 5.0 but turned up to '12'. This car is going to kill at autox this year.... met life stadium has the smoothest/fastest parking lots...
Congrats on the car! If you are running AutoX with NNJR I'll see you there. :cheers:

Draughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '17 Volt
I wish that was the case around Seattle. I've contacted a bunch of dealers around here and 10k ADM seems to be the norm, with one dealer quoting me 25k ADM for a 2017 non-R order (2 hours east of Seattle). Dealerships seem to be extremely uninformed about what these cars are actually selling for.

It doesn't help that the majority of the cars sitting on lots have the Convenience Package, and I'm all about the Recaros/saving money. Love these forums, btw. I've been lurking for quite a while.
Sponsored

Last edited: