Sponsored

check engine light

Moody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT (PP)
man I wish they would take it back and give me another one.I really like my car ford did a nice job on this one.
Jpaul
Did they ever determine what the actual issue was and if so what was the fix?
Sponsored

spdracer50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
Hi jpaul,

Your not alone! I've got a ecoboost and I'm getting a check engine light with a report of misfires. A similar scenario to yours. They have now had my car for about a week.

Let's see if Ford can figure it out...

BDBellamy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost six speed perf pack
Mustang Ecoboost check engine light

I had the same check engine light on my mustang ecoboost with less than 300 miles. The dealer reset the light and told me it was a soft ware problem. The update should be in the dealers within two weeks. My car runs fine and I'm happy with it. It was my mid life crisis purchase and it has done its job well so far. Ecoboost base with perfirmance pack and cloth recaros. I got a great deal.

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
I had the same check engine light on my mustang ecoboost with less than 300 miles. The dealer reset the light and told me it was a soft ware problem. The update should be in the dealers within two weeks. My car runs fine and I'm happy with it. It was my mid life crisis purchase and it has done its job well so far. Ecoboost base with perfirmance pack and cloth recaros. I got a great deal.
I and others have had the exact same issue and my dealer also said they thought it was a software issue. Did yours specifically say within two weeks?

SteveTheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue LE #825 AT PP
I'm also having CEL issues and engine running ROUGH

Hello all, I'm new to forum and stumbling my way along, (2015 Mustang LE KB AutoTrans #825 in Canada)...I'm enjoying my new ride, BUT I've been having an issue with it running ROUGH after a spirited ride and then getting into slower traffic (parking lot or downtown city traffic)

3rd time now...It seems that after I take it out for a spirited run (so far always in Sport+ mode) and I come into the city in slower traffic (still in Sport+ mode) so the shift points are fairly high in RPM, I've had 3 separate instances where the vehicle starts to run really ROUGH and will stall. I turn it off right away as it sounds & feels like it's running with SEVERE TIMING way off and will shake like crazy. It happens at slow speed typically right when it's between 1st gear shifting to 2nd gear AND if I suddenly let off throttle quickly for any reason the engine seems to have what seems to be an electronic timing issue and will die right out! I have to sit for 10 to 30 mins and let everything cool down before I can get it running again. During this sitting time I will cycle the start button without foot on brake to see if the system resets itself. Then I'll put foot on brake to start car, always restarts BUT seems after 10-30 seconds running the Air/Fuel ratio gauge will spike over to right at 20, and I notice that the Air intake temp gauge is very hot between 40-60. I open the hood to let some heat out while waiting and waiting. So far I'm able to get it restarted where it will drive normally after wait times.
After 1st instance I took it into my local Ford dealership and they only saw a single p0316 error code for a misfire. They cleared the code and sent me on my way. The dealership is saying it's intermittent and they don't have any trouble codes pointing them in any direction for any FIX. I'm afraid to drive it now for fear of damaging the engine

my symptoms:
-Sport+ mode
-coming off of a spirited ride
-eng warm/hot
-slow speed 1st to 2nd gear (at shift point from 1st to 2nd if I let off throttle hard just before the shift between 1st to 2nd, starts to run really rough)
-Air/fuel gauge spikes to right at 20
-Air intake gauge shows high at 40-60
-vehicle is so rough I can't get it into gear, it stalls out
-will restart & run for 10-30 seconds and then air/fuel ratio spikes at 20 and runs real rough
- I open hood to let any heat out and eventually I can get it restarted and running
-first 2 instances the CEL light was flashing, 3rd instance the CEL light went on SOLID
-3rd instance the CEL light would be on SOLID when restarting the engine again, finally started and CEL was off and was able to drive home

Anyone have any ideas

Nikki I sent you a PM with all of my contact info and would love to hear from you for some further dealership service assistance

Sponsored

BDBellamy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost six speed perf pack
The dealer reset the engine light. It came back on three days later. Two days later it went off and hasn't been on in two weeks. The computer may have figured out a false misfiring signal.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The dealer reset the engine light. It came back on three days later. Two days later it went off and hasn't been on in two weeks. The computer may have figured out a false misfiring signal.
I'm here to help, BDBellamy. If it goes on again, send over a PM. I'll get some help on my end, while at the dealer.

Jeff

pksfinest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Competition Orange Manual PP
Hi, I'm new to this forum, hello everyone!

Unfortunately, I am also having an issue with the CEL at only 700 miles. Today, Ford has also given me the same explanation that it is a current problem and they are working on the fix. The dealer reset the CEL and I'm hoping that is the end of it. If it comes back on I will try driving it a few cycles before taking it back to Ford. If anyone has an update on this issue please let me know :) Thanks!

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I have rough idle, CEL, and also ticking/Knock/ping sound from engine which matches RPM. I have a thread open for it and also car is at the dealer for the second time on same issue. First time was for ticking/hissing sound, second time for same noise but now paired with CEL's. I will pursue lemon law if I have to or whatever is necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored