Sponsored

MY2017 factory order timing

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I've placed an order in the very beginning of June, but got no VIN so far. With rumors of MY 2018 orders being open within weeks, what do you think of my current situation?

I almost feel like they might cancel the order if it idles for some more time. I'm also checking dealer inventories regularly and see no new arrivals. Anyone knows anything about current situation and my options?
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
So you placed an order like 1.5 weeks ago? Maybe wait a little longer?

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I've placed an order in the very beginning of June, but got no VIN so far. With rumors of MY 2018 orders being open within weeks, what do you think of my current situation?

I almost feel like they might cancel the order if it idles for some more time. I'm also checking dealer inventories regularly and see no new arrivals. Anyone knows anything about current situation and my options?
I'm in a similar situation - I ordered at the end of May and hadn't heard a thing. Just today my dealer finally called and said there was a "commodity hold" for the GT which is now cleared up, and my order should be picked up by Ford tomorrow. We'll see...

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I'm in a similar situation - I ordered at the end of May and hadn't heard a thing. Just today my dealer finally called and said there was a "commodity hold" for the GT which is now cleared up, and my order should be picked up by Ford tomorrow. We'll see...
Any details on what commodity hold might mean?

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I would call the dealer and ask for some info. The dealer was actually much more accurate with an ETA and VIN than COTUS was.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
ordered my car in June of 2016, was built in August of 2016, and took almost another month to go through the separate stripe facility and delivery, so 3 months total.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Same problem here accel, but just a difference of a few weeks. I placed my order on Monday June 26th, on the idea ordering closes on June 30th. I have been getting annoying claims that my order won't be accepted, as Ford has "exhausted" all 5.0s/GTs and there are no more allocations.

Also heard they are supposedly still accepting orders for V6s and Ecoboosts, despite that "June 30th" deadline. Doesn't make sense, when my order was placed before this supposed deadline.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Commodity hold means there's a part shortage of some sort on your order.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Same problem here accel, but just a difference of a few weeks. I placed my order on Monday June 26th, on the idea ordering closes on June 30th. I have been getting annoying claims that my order won't be accepted, as Ford has "exhausted" all 5.0s/GTs and there are no more allocations.

Also heard they are supposedly still accepting orders for V6s and Ecoboosts, despite that "June 30th" deadline. Doesn't make sense, when my order was placed before this supposed deadline.
Sounds like Ford only has so many parts available to make X number of model year 2017 Mustangs before they switch over to making the 2018s. That's a possible downside of placing a factory order near the deadline in this case.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Hey BmacIL, is this in response to my post?

Sounds like Ford only has so many parts available to make X number of model year 2017 Mustangs before they switch over to making the 2018s. That's a possible downside of placing a factory order near the deadline in this case.
I have to wonder why they wouldn't have accounted for this though. I understand that many OEMs favor nowadays a just-in-time philosophy for production (in regards suppliers and parts, lean manufacturing), but I would've hoped as long as I was within that supposed ordering window I would avoid any issues.

If it concerned some equipment, I'd understand (depending on what it is). But the message I am instead getting is, that all GTs are not happening which doesn't make sense. It sounds more like my dealer wants to me buy from their inventory or hope that they've already ordered a similar enough GT Premium to arrive as final inventory, to buy off their lot.

Seems silly to me on the basis, that there will still be 2017s on the lot until December 31st, likely just a mere few weeks after the 2018s go on sale. For them not to be prepared to build ANY GTs to last through Nov-December, is absurd to me.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey BmacIL, is this in response to my post?

I have to wonder why they wouldn't have accounted for this though. I understand that many OEMs favor nowadays a just-in-time philosophy for production (in regards suppliers and parts, lean manufacturing), but I would've hoped as long as I was within that supposed ordering window I would avoid any issues.

If it concerned some equipment, I'd understand (depending on what it is). But the message I am instead getting is, that all GTs are not happening which doesn't make sense. It sounds more like my dealer wants to me buy from their inventory or hope that they've already ordered a similar enough GT Premium to arrive as final inventory, to buy off their lot.

Seems silly to me on the basis, that there will still be 2017s on the lot until December 31st, likely just a mere few weeks after the 2018s go on sale. For them not to be prepared to build ANY GTs to last through Nov-December, is absurd to me.
Actually to [MENTION=30351]accel[/MENTION] 's post

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Order it ...

Now before you end up with a 2017 Mustang missing some parts. :lol: :lol:

Seriously. :tsk: