The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Glad to hear

I've been working with another dealer since Thursday night/Friday morning, that has altered one of their allocations for a 2017 GT to GT Premium 401A manual.

On Friday I got the bad news from the old dealer and then demanded a refund on Saturday, after two consecutive visits after hearing the news. Refund appeared back in my account on Tuesday.

New dealer is still waiting on Ford to accept their order change on their allocation and haven't even asked me for a deposit.

Old dealer called today saying Ford "will do it" and that I should come by to make a $500 deposit again. Old dealer has no allocations though.
Sounds like you have been thru hell but in the end it will be worth it.
Just don't get too anxious it will take about 6-8 weeks for your 2017
Mustang GT to arrive. :D

:cheers:

:ford:
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Well, I just finally heard today that my "order was not picked up". Ford has somehow decided they are "no longer building V8s". I will go collect my deposit from that stupid dealership.
Ford is telling us dealers (in this week's commodities report) that '17 Mustangs with the 5.0L V8 (GT's) and also GT's with the Performance Pkg will not be scheduled for the balance of the model year unless it is a retail order (order type 1 with a customer's name on the order). Perhaps your dealer ordered your car for dealer stock (order type 2). Ask them for a copy of your DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) to see what order type they chose.

Additionally, even if your dealer ordered it correctly, perhaps they do not have any Mustang allocation left for 2017's (for example, I've already run out of 2017 Mustang allocation so I can't get any more scheduled). If this is the case, your dealer's Ford Zone Rep can likely move an allocation from another dealer within your dealer's zone to cover your order, but your dealer has to know to ask for it. A quick email to the Ford scheduler is helpful, as well, and I've had good luck talking directly with the Ford scheduler assigned to my region.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Ford is telling us dealers (in this week's commodities report) that '17 Mustangs with the 5.0L V8 (GT's) and also GT's with the Performance Pkg will not be scheduled for the balance of the model year unless it is a retail order (order type 1 with a customer's name on the order). Perhaps your dealer ordered your car for dealer stock (order type 2). Ask them for a copy of your DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) to see what order type they chose.

Additionally, even if your dealer ordered it correctly, perhaps they do not have any Mustang allocation left for 2017's (for example, I've already run out of 2017 Mustang allocation so I can't get any more scheduled). If this is the case, your dealer's Ford Zone Rep can likely move an allocation from another dealer within your dealer's zone to cover your order, but your dealer has to know to ask for it. A quick email to the Ford scheduler is helpful, as well, and I've had good luck talking directly with the Ford scheduler assigned to my region.
Hmm...I am on thin ice it seems in dismissing the old dealer's new offer, that are now saying Ford will do it and another dealer working off of their own dealer ordered allocation. Sounds like the old dealer might be more likely in this instance?

Last edited:

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG! Ford picked up my order on COTUS plus VIN!
Screenshot_20170720-115958.jpg
Screenshot_20170720-120009.jpg
Screenshot_20170720-120013.jpg

Sponsored

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, very likely my production date hovers around August 10th. No told me this, but order processing seems to be at the halfway mark and 3 weeks from now is roughly that date. ETA should hopefully be last week of August or first week of September. Wonder how that works, when 9/29 is the last day? Maybe September production is mostly fleet and international orders?

Will be selling my ST during the next few weeks.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Thanks, very likely my production date hovers around August 10th. No told me this, but order processing seems to be at the halfway mark and 3 weeks from now is roughly that date. ETA should hopefully be last week of August or first week of September. Wonder how that works, when 9/29 is the last day? Maybe September production is mostly fleet and international orders?

Will be selling my ST during the next few weeks.
If my dealer was as proactive or at least replied my emails with some useful info, they'd still had me as a customer.

But on a positive end I'm enjoying my car already :)

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered my GT 19 July and all looks well - except the one item that made me order it instead of finding one on a dealer's lot. I really wanted the 3.55 ratio rear end and had to order it. I can find NOTHING on Ford's web site to indicate the rear end is ordered. COTUS shows everything I ordered, all options, except the 3.55. My dealer has his paperwork with the 3.55. If it comes in without the 3.55 I'm not sure what I'll do. Accept it as is, or let it go and keep looking for something else. Does anyone have a point of contact at Ford that I can check with to make sure it was ordered correctly? COTUS shows it's in production right now (as of earlier this week) so somebody, somewhere ought to be able to tell me. Thanks in advance for any help someone can provide me.

Bob A.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just discovered this updated info on my order, that now includes scheduled ETA. This sucks a lot, as I had hoped it would come in late August/early September. Why do they need 16 weeks to get this done?

If my dealer was as proactive or at least replied my emails with some useful info, they'd still had me as a customer.

But on a positive end I'm enjoying my car already :)
Glad you're enjoying it, at least now in the summer. I have been terribly shocked with Ford's scheduling on my vehicle.

I ordered my GT 19 July and all looks well - except the one item that made me order it instead of finding one on a dealer's lot. I really wanted the 3.55 ratio rear end and had to order it. I can find NOTHING on Ford's web site to indicate the rear end is ordered. COTUS shows everything I ordered, all options, except the 3.55. My dealer has his paperwork with the 3.55. If it comes in without the 3.55 I'm not sure what I'll do. Accept it as is, or let it go and keep looking for something else. Does anyone have a point of contact at Ford that I can check with to make sure it was ordered correctly? COTUS shows it's in production right now (as of earlier this week) so somebody, somewhere ought to be able to tell me. Thanks in advance for any help someone can provide me.

Bob A.
Wait...Your car is already in production, yet barely ordered on July 19th? Not sure how that works when retail ordering ended on June 30th. July 27th is supposed to be the last day make any changes to orders. Maybe you can get them to alter it, that is if your vehicle is not yet in production.
Screenshot (2).png
vehicle.jpg

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My typo! Was ordered 19 June, not July. Sorry to get you excited, but mine is scheduled to be here in mid-August, about 9 weeks after Ford picked up the order.

Thanks,
Bob

Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Just returned from my dealer with up-to-date info. I now have the CSX rail car number. Bad news is that the car is still sitting on Ramp 5M in New Boston, MI. CSX has a delivery date to South Carolina of 3-7 Sep. Looks like my finished Mustang has been waiting for several weeks for a ride South. I hope when it finally gets here it won't speak with a Yankee accent! But I'll take her anyway.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
FYI for you guys with 2017's on order:

According to http://www.donlen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ProductionSched.pdf

Flat Rock and many other factories had scheduled downtime the first two weeks in July.

They probably will do the same around the end of the year. They shut down a day or two after my car was assembled just before Christmas in 2014. As a result it spent a little extra "rail car time" between Detroit and NC.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
OMG! Ford picked up my order on COTUS plus VIN!
Excellent, congratulations! I just now noticed this thread and if all is going as you assumed, you should be getting very close to delivery.

My question is, how did you get the information as you posted it. It looks like a phone app. I'm wondering which one?

Thanks,
Steve R.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yea, just saw my GT drive off the transport at the dealers. Will pick it up tomorrow morning!

Can't wait, it's been since the middle of June when I ordered it. Finally! Hey, maybe that should be my license plate. Finally
Sponsored