Sponsored

Polish/Wax

toxzl2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
Hello People, I want to know how much cost to Light Polish/Wax a car?

My black mustang already have some light swirls and scratches. Its driving me crazy.

I am from florida but i dont know any detailer shop here.

Thanks.
Sponsored

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
First thing, learn to use proper washing techniques. Without that, removing swirls is pointless as they will come back right away.

Research washing, ones you have that down get everything polished and utilize the washing to maintain it scratch free paint.

If you don't like maintaining cars black was a bad choice. It is a part time job to keep perfectly swirl free.

OP
OP

toxzl2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I think i am properly washing my car but not drying it... i am using a microfiber dryer but it always leave cotton in the car so when i dry it might scratch it a bit... i always used chamois cloth before and it doesnt have that problem...

i guess the chamois will care my car more than that microfiber shit... and sorry for the expression. I used that microfiber dryer because i saw a lot of people using it... maybe i dont know how...

Thanks a lot.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I did mine this weekend. Check out my end product per stage. I didn't show the process, but you can see the end product per phase. Using Chemical Guys products. For Swirls and Scratches, it is a pain to remove so proper technique per wash is important. Not doing the proper wash will be counter productive. I learned from watching the Chemical Guys videos. There are other great products out there, but I decided to use these guys. The end result was AMAZING!

[ame]

Dendrobatez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
[ame]

This guys videos are a great place to start out if you're looking to do it yourself, I also like that he doesn't try to force his products down your throat. If you have some time and don't mind getting the equipment it is really worth doing yourself

If you're looking to get a detailer to do a 1 step exterior (wash, clay, then polish) it'll be $150-200. It really depends on how crowded the detailer market is in your area. In my county in Fl there are tons of detailers but the costs stay fairly high because the client base has money.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Just did my Black Magic a couple weeks ago. Used Griots DA 6in polisher and Menzurna 3800 polish.....awesome . Got rid of all swirls,,fine scratches and some clear coat minor rock chips. Then did a complete CQuartz UK application. On and off a 3 day job. You can't drive the car for 24hrs after application so I waited for a few rainy days! Amazing results and everyone is surprised that I did it myself! So many videos to watch and this forum has some very helpful members. You really can't go wrong doing this! Other than my polisher....about $150 total in products including Reload and microfibre cloths. $1000 plus if you take it to a shop!!!

Check out my build link for video.

Reactions: A7X

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
This was mine with a portacable and adams correcting and finishing polish.I took a close up to show how clear the paint was.
rbcb4.gif

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
rgwlkn.jpg

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2ch9fsi.jpg

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I have a black Mustang as well. They're almost impossible to keep clean, especially since mine is a daily driver with no garage. I have Meguiars 105/205 which works well but leaves behind a lot of dust. Lately I've been using Chemical guys stuff. V36 and V38 for a compound/polish on a Orange pad to cut and a White pad to Polish. They also make a product called VSS which works as both a compound and polish, it's a great one step process for light swirls. I generally use VSS on an orange pad. I use a Porter Cable 7424, it's cheap, works well, and is almost impossible to mess up with. I do feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, even with proper washing I still get swirls all the time.

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
If you're still getting swirls then something is wrong with your washing or drying procedure.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I did mine this weekend. Check out my end product per stage. I didn't show the process, but you can see the end product per phase. Using Chemical Guys products. For Swirls and Scratches, it is a pain to remove so proper technique per wash is important. Not doing the proper wash will be counter productive. I learned from watching the Chemical Guys videos. There are other great products out there, but I decided to use these guys. The end result was AMAZING!

Do you get paid for this? Every post by this account is the same.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
If you're still getting swirls then something is wrong with your washing or drying procedure.
I can't figure it out. I use the 2 bucket method with clean microfiber wash mitt, leaf blower to clear most of the water off, and dry with micro fiber and detail spray. I could just be seeing swirls that I missed before. I'm still working on my compound/polish method so my finish usually isn't flawless.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I can't figure it out. I use the 2 bucket method with clean microfiber wash mitt, leaf blower to clear most of the water off, and dry with micro fiber and detail spray. I could just be seeing swirls that I missed before. I'm still working on my compound/polish method so my finish usually isn't flawless.
Do you do any sort of pre-soak with a foam gun or cannon? There's so many variables so maybe try polishing one panel like the trunk lid to and then that can act as a test spot. Check it after a month and see if what you're doing is adding any swirls. I used Sonax Perfect Finsh and a Rupes Yellow pad for my paint correction. The M205 you have should take car of minor swirl marks.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I can't figure it out. I use the 2 bucket method with clean microfiber wash mitt, leaf blower to clear most of the water off, and dry with micro fiber and detail spray. I could just be seeing swirls that I missed before. I'm still working on my compound/polish method so my finish usually isn't flawless.[/pretty much using the same as u,the portacable orbital,adams orange and white foam pads,but if swirls are heavy i use a orange microfiber pad instead of foam.My car is 2.5 years old and this was the first time i had to do paint correction.The 2 bucket method,drying with blower and microfiber are good choices.Some of this stuff recommended imo is not needed and eventually u will get some light swirl marks,but if done right a polish and wax or sealant should last a long time.
Sponsored