2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Ingot Silver @ Cincinnati Auto Expo

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Those hood vents just look like a complete afterthought. You would think that with a composite hood, they could mold most of the vent into the hood and only have a small insert that fit more flush like the 1968 hoods.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I wonder what it looks like underneath, after you peal the double-stick taped on vent pieces? Maybe someone can come up with a better looking replacement.

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Those hood vents just look like a complete afterthought. You would think that with a composite hood, they could mold most of the vent into the hood and only have a small insert that fit more flush like the 1968 hoods.
The hood is aluminum. Just like the current car's hood vents, they are separate pieces attached, likely because it would be expensive to have a shape like that formed in metal on some hoods and not other ones.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I wonder what it looks like underneath, after you peal the double-stick taped on vent pieces? Maybe someone can come up with a better looking replacement.
Have you see pictures of the current hood arrangement? There's a hole in the blanket, so yes, so company might be able to do a different shape.

One thing to consider - the shape of the vents and the grille insert were likely to have been designed with managing water in mind. If it was too flat, water would channel right in without much resistance.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Looks too round from the front perspective. Like a sloth or a little child. The grill looks terrible compared to the current ones. ;/

I dig the new LED/Fog light/Sidemarker thing

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
The two glaring problems that still bother me can both be seen in this photo.
There's the massive gap under the headlight for no reason. I think they would have looked fine if it was brought down to the bumper like any other normal car.
The other bothers me even more, the hood scoops. Since they are a crappy looking plastic, the paint doesn't seem to even match the way it would on sheetmetal so the color is off. Making it stick out even more. I'd love to just completely remove them.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
It looks like the rear accent lines are missing......
Kinda hope this is not the case.

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
The front of this car is a mess. I have seen it in person. It does not GROW on you in fact it gets worse. The lines are all for no reason. Like the head lights have a dead air blank spot under them. Looks like they just changed it to change it. To bad. And wait. Until you all see under the hood.
They have a new flat huge cover. Like many cars do today to hide everything. Including no covers on the heads. Just open. Since the big cover hides them.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
That gloss black grill look sooo out of place....

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
I still give the front end a :thumbdown:. The rear is much improved though. I would give Ford a :thumbsup: for that.
I agree...I'm biased but I hate the new front end. It doesn't fit the rest of the car at all..

If its a direct bolt up I might swap rear bumpers out for sure though. The reared upgrade is :first:

S550 V1>V2

30638938510_89f2e6d69b_c.jpg
DPC_2207 by D.C. 83, on Flickr

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
IMO the new front end is a fail. What these pictures do prove is that if Ford wants they can make a car with good body panel alignment. Now lets see them deliver cars that look like that LOL.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing the pictures it solidifies my dislike for the front. On the rear I am not a fan of the taillights but the quad tips? Yes!
Sponsored