VMP gen2-r owner questions

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Waiting on the tune that was supposed to be loaded on the SCT. VMP left a note inside the SCT box that they didn't have the right computer number. They should have notified me during the numerous times I called to check status and to confirm a 93 oct tune was loaded! Instead we get to the load tune point and Still no tune. I spoke with them this morning and they said it can take 7 to 10 business days to get the tune. We've been waiting since last Thursday. I also suggested that they should put that note on the outside of the box on bright yellow or orange paper. Hopefully they will rush it today and I can get my car back this afternoon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Waiting on the tune that was supposed to be loaded on the SCT. VMP left a note inside the SCT box that they didn't have the right computer number. They should have notified me during the numerous times I called to check status and to confirm a 93 oct tune was loaded! Instead we get to the load tune point and Still no tune. I spoke with them this morning and they said it can take 7 to 10 business days to get the tune. We've been waiting since last Thursday. I also suggested that they should put that note on the outside of the box on bright yellow or orange paper. Hopefully they will rush it today and I can get my car back this afternoon.
Geez! Yeah I hope that that gets worked out, sorry thats happening. I hope that VMP rushes the tune for you today, that is the right thing for them to do especially since you are putting a lot of money out for this. I hope that I don't experience the same issues!!

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
It's alive got the tune and now Sock has to do some data logging!

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Geez! Yeah I hope that that gets worked out, sorry thats happening. I hope that VMP rushes the tune for you today, that is the right thing for them to do especially since you are putting a lot of money out for this. I hope that I don't experience the same issues!!
They rushed it this morning and got us moving, fingers crossed for dyno and take her home today!

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Got 2 data logs on it and hopefully one more in the morning to dial it in

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got 2 data logs on it and hopefully one more in the morning to dial it in
Nice! Is it being troubleshooted by VMP by your installer?

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Is it being troubleshooted by VMP by your installer?
My installer is doing the data logging and sends file to VMP, they make adjustments and sends back with instructions

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Car is going to be beast!!!
What are your impressions of it so far?

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Still not done with data logging, and dyno pulls. Hopefully this gets finished tomorrow as it's going way over budget paying for this much data logging.

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Still not done with data logging, and dyno pulls. Hopefully this gets finished tomorrow as it's going way over budget paying for this much data logging.
Were you able to pick it up today? Hopefully you are out having so much fun that you forgot about us ;)

Sponsored

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Were you able to pick it up today? Hopefully you are out having so much fun that you forgot about us ;)
Just got back from dinner. Took the wife out. It's running great, will take it back in Monday to change some shift points and hopefully get it Dynoed. It can break the stock 20s loose at 50 mph

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just got back from dinner. Took the wife out. It's running great, will take it back in Monday to change some shift points and hopefully get it Dynoed. It can break the stock 20s loose at 50 mph
What were the issues with the shift points? Are you redlining instead of shifting? This happened to me a long time ago with a v6 2002 mustang and it was very annoying!

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
What were the issues with the shift points? Are you redlining instead of shifting? This happened to me a long time ago with a v6 2002 mustang and it was very annoying!
In sport mode they need to adjust the downshifts, enable rev match. Downshifting to 1st is too hard

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
Thanks guys, the link above didn't work though for me. Seems like I'll be the first person around with the Gen2 R though, I'm hearing it adds a significant amount more HP with the phase one kit being around 800hp with it. I thought about the Whipple, but I think we are talking too much power for my street car and I'm not putting drag radials on it. Using 305/30/20 555 G2 rear now.
Sorry, but there's no way the 555 g2's will hold any traction for any supercharger on the market. For the setup you're going with, drag radials will give you better traction, but first gear will be hard to tame!

I put Nitto 555r's 305/35/20 on my car and I only have the Ford Performance Roush Stage-1 (much less power than VMP), and saw a huge improvement. I daily drive my car, take corners aggressively, and love the tires.

Let us know how the G2's work for you. I think you'll change tires quickly because it will become a safety issue. Breaking loose at 50+mph is no joke.

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry, but there's no way the 555 g2's will hold any traction for any supercharger on the market. For the setup you're going with, drag radials will give you better traction, but first gear will be hard to tame!

I put Nitto 555r's 305/35/20 on my car and I only have the Ford Performance Roush Stage-1 (much less power than VMP), and saw a huge improvement. I daily drive my car, take corners aggressively, and love the tires.

Let us know how the G2's work for you. I think you'll change tires quickly because it will become a safety issue. Breaking loose at 50+mph is no joke.
I'll let you know, but have you tried G2s? I noticed a huge improvement with them switching from 285 to 305 rear, I've had a couple sets so far. Also doesn't the Roush stage 3 use 275/35/20 Cooper tires? Also the 20" factory tires only are 265, super slim and I think that's what Bruce is using and braking loose at 50.
Sponsored

Last edited: