Sponsored

VMP gen2-r owner questions

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I'm making 12.5 lbs with an 82 mm pulley and a 5% overdriven crank pulley on my VMP gen 2 r
Sponsored

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
I'm about to drop off my Stang at VMP for a stage 3 on e85... any reason why the BAP is not good for an e85 set up ? I'm going with the 79 pulley as suggested by vmp !

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I run the 79mm pulley on my ROUSH BLOWER!! With the car making 646/598 to the wheels, I can't see switching to the VMP Gen II-R. Mine seems to be higher than most on the torque side... It has a 79mm VMP pulley, VMP twin 67mm TB, ID1000 injectors, VMP fuel pump booster, VMP triple bypass heat exchanger with dual fans, and full Stainless Works exhaust, 1"7/8" full length headers, no cats, and full 3" exhaust... The car is tuned by Lund using a NGauge.. This combo is simple to duplicate... I kinda like the fact that when I pull a car with bigger and better combos… In their eyes I guess. It feels great. I get accused of running Nitrous, having a built motor, or a host of other claims... I just tell them… It's not the ride, it's the driver... Really it's the car.. I just floor it and hang on!LOL…

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Converted over to E85, 79mm pulley, Kooks long tubes and went from 633 to 705 WHP Lund tuned and its running great!

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi,

I'm highly considering the VMP gen2-R, and I'd like to hear about from actual owners here. Anyone have this setup yet? How has it been? Thoughts?

Thanks!
I bought this blower. And I am sad to say it aint all its cracked up to be. Another member called it "Fools Gold" :mad: Just the blower pack $3300 :mad:

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I run the 79mm pulley on my ROUSH BLOWER!! With the car making 646/598 to the wheels, I can't see switching to the VMP Gen II-R. Mine seems to be higher than most on the torque side... It has a 79mm VMP pulley, VMP twin 67mm TB, ID1000 injectors, VMP fuel pump booster, VMP triple bypass heat exchanger with dual fans, and full Stainless Works exhaust, 1"7/8" full length headers, no cats, and full 3" exhaust... The car is tuned by Lund using a NGauge.. This combo is simple to duplicate... I kinda like the fact that when I pull a car with bigger and better combos… In their eyes I guess. It feels great. I get accused of running Nitrous, having a built motor, or a host of other claims... I just tell them… It's not the ride, it's the driver... Really it's the car.. I just floor it and hang on!LOL…
This!!! ^^^^^

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I bought this blower. And I am sad to say it aint all its cracked up to be. Another member called it "Fools Gold" :mad: Just the blower pack $3300 :mad:
Really? My car is an animal with the blower, Lund just sent me a race gas tune with 21deg timing and it's pretty intense

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Really? My car is an animal with the blower, Lund just sent me a race gas tune with 21deg timing and it's pretty intense
Did 2 dyno pulls. One with the Roush blower the other with the Gen2-R both on a 72mm pulley and Roush made a couple more ponies. Turbo here I come. :)

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK

Sponsored

Geneo4116

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geneo
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base s550
I have a 2017 base gt auto,with the stage 2 Vmp with dual fan heat exchanger,75 mm throttle body, 10psi boost, everything installed by Vmp in florida,car has APPRX 2500 miles,drove home to Wisconsin got APPRX 23 mpg ,no issues at all, so far love it,it's so smooth you don't realize how much power the car really has, only raced it a couple times on highway with people who wouldn't leave me alone,but never out run yet, ran a brand new zo6 STILL HAD A PAPER TAG ON IT,manual,but in all fairness I don't think the guy knew how to drive his car,LOL

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Guys. How do they vmp blowers sound when pushing the car? I heard a kb on a cobra few years back and it was unreal. You guys have a nice whistle?

Geneo4116

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geneo
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base s550
You cannot hear them at all,maybe above 5500 rpm are so,but no whine,and I love the whine,
Sponsored