Sponsored

Dealer is BSing me on pricing, what should i expect to pay?

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
im looking at pretty loaded GT premium and the dealer is telling me they only negotiate in "hundreds of dollars not thousands". hes claiming he can only knock about 600 off a 45,655 MSRP. after reading what some people are getting cars for under MSRP i wonder how much i should try to throw at him for an offer before i contact some out of state dealers. i really like the car but its a bit too expensive for me at that price. this is the car

http://www.tascafordberlin.com/new/...0a0e0ae828480609c3d9087c.htm?searchDepth=5:20
Sponsored

OP
OP

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
my uncle actually works there as a tech, hes the one who referred me to this guy so i would assume he would try to get me the best price possible knowing this. im going to be using the 0% financing which cant be combined with the $2000 cash back unfortunately.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
+1 for bjstang's searches.

Dude, you know what happens when you assume. You ask for help and then defend the sales guy???? Are you for real?

You could immediately get thousands off from that same sales guy you have an inside connection with. Join MCA. Once you join, you can immediately get the x-plan price. It's thousands off without having to stare the sales guy down.

Once you join for $50 bucks or so, do a search on xplan prices and you can get instruction on how to get it. You will be able to find the mustang at that dealership and see your price. If you like it, hand it to any sales person and they have to let you buy it for that price.

Make sure... make sure you get whatever Ford deal included in the sale. You are entitled to get any deal Ford is offering. If he says otherwise, he's a lieing POS.

Btw: I would double check your relationship with your uncle. Either he set you up and threw you to the sharks, or the sales guy suspects your uncle stole his lunch out of the employee fridge!

OP
OP

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
+1 for bjstang's searches.

Dude, you know what happens when you assume. You ask for help and then defend the sales guy???? Are you for real?

You could immediately get thousands off from that same sales guy you have an inside connection with. Join MCA. Once you join, you can immediately get the x-plan price. It's thousands off without having to stare the sales guy down.

Once you join for $50 bucks or so, do a search on xplan prices and you can get instruction on how to get it. You will be able to find the mustang at that dealership and see your price. If you like it, hand it to any sales person and they have to let you buy it for that price.

Make sure... make sure you get whatever Ford deal included in the sale. You are entitled to get any deal Ford is offering. If he says otherwise, he's a lieing POS.

Btw: I would double check your relationship with your uncle. Either he set you up and threw you to the sharks, or the sales guy suspects your uncle stole his lunch out of the employee fridge!
im not defending the guy lol.

i registered for x plan so i will go in with that but its only $2200 off according for the ford x plan search for that car on fords site. the manager told me you cant combine the rebate and the promo financing and i cant find anything on fords site that says you can or cant just says ask dealer. they did say they will give me the $1000 trade bonus ford is offering for a POS 95 mustang i bought for $200 though.

i was hoping to be able to get the car for like 40-41k before TTL. just trying to see if anyone negotiated a similar deal.

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
That is a HUGE amount of add ons. If you really want all those bells and whistles, go ahead and price out what that car would cost with X-plan pricing. It's going to be a LOT cheaper.
Or you could custom order a car with 1/2 those options.

edit: didn't see your latest post. The anti-theft, and reverse sensing can go (with the larger screen on the premium, you'll be able to see exactly what's behind you when parallel parking) The blackout and premium stereo packages are much more expensive than fixing that with aftermarket parts.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A dealer was willing to sell me a new GT with sticker of $44k+ for $38k+ after all offers and discounts. . So do your shopping.

Mr.Zergling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium Vert w/ PP
i was hoping to be able to get the car for like 40-41k before TTL. just trying to see if anyone negotiated a similar deal.
I got my car for 40k before TTL and my MSRP was 47k (400A Vert W/ PP)....Pretty similar deal

OP
OP

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
That is a HUGE amount of add ons. If you really want all those bells and whistles, go ahead and price out what that car would cost with X-plan pricing. It's going to be a LOT cheaper.
Or you could custom order a car with 1/2 those options.

edit: didn't see your latest post. The anti-theft, and reverse sensing can go (with the larger screen on the premium, you'll be able to see exactly what's behind you when parallel parking) The blackout and premium stereo packages are much more expensive than fixing that with aftermarket parts.
yea i dont want half those options but its the only auto car they have in stock and it happens to be the color i want. if i could still order a 17 with the options i want i would probably do that but unfortunately i would have to order an 18 and ill pass there lol. there are 2 less optioned cars in that color that he could have transfered ill probably see what i can do with those.

OP
OP

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
A dealer was willing to sell me a new GT with sticker of $44k+ for $38k+ after all offers and discounts. . So do your shopping.
I got my car for 40k before TTL and my MSRP was 47k (400A Vert W/ PP)....Pretty similar deal
thanks ill be going armed with this info. at this point i have nothing to lose but to low ball and see where it gets me. :D

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
If you're not in a hurry to get in a car, I would shop around. There are deals to be had, especially since 2018 is right around the corner.

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Just looking on cargurus I see plenty of Mustang GTs with $3-5k off MSRP. And then there's this...

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=SearchResultsPage&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2&zip=06010&distance=200#listing=174802139

I think the dealer is BSing you. I've never paid anywhere near MSRP for a new car. And when a sales guy tells me otherwise I'll laugh in their face.

However, I also will go anywhere in the US to find a vehicle with price to fly and drive back (or ship) considered in.

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
Back in January, I got a Premium PP GT 401A for about 36k before Georgia Taxes. Bought @ Koons Baltimore and put 700 miles on it the first day driving it home. Believe MSRP was $44,300.
Sponsored