Vehicle Showcase
[ame]
Sponsored

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Our PP is not a complete PP. We don't get top sound system, blind spot monitoring, memory seats/mirrors and several other goodies a top spec MY16/17 USA pony has. Like i mentioned else were, our car is 3/4, not top spec.
Mick most of those items you quote are I believe additional to the PP (which is a stand alone option) offered in the USA for which the retail price has increased.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Mick most of those items you quote are I believe additional to the PP (which is a stand alone option) offered in the USA for which the retail price has increased.
Micro, you did say , if ford sticks with PP........ Actually, we don't get PP. We get 19s and brembo's. PP, also includes strut brace, K brace, bigger radiator, extra gauges, different springs and roll bars, Torsen diff and a few other bits, that i can't remember. Anyway, what ever the price increase for MY18 may be, Ford will discount the crap out of it anyway in due course, like they are doing now.

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
This was taken from the main forum regarding the EU model. Our model is the EU model is it not? Or do we have an "Australasian" model?

What we already know
Clear rear lights
Clear reflectors in the headlights
Fake gas cap on the rearpanell, but with two additional horizontal stripes (like on the us 2018 rearpanels)
Hood vents on all 2018 models
quad tips on all GTs
Michelin tyres replace the Pirellis (not sure on Ecoboost)
Tribar DRL as on the US model
EU GT gains about 15-25 HP from the current 421HP
EU EB loses a few HP but get's more torque
Digital cluster standard on all EU 2018

New: The options on the EU facelifts
Standard on all EU facelifts: LED headlights, LED DRL, LED foglights, Pre Collission Assist, Lane Assist, Parking sensors on the rear, heated steering wheel & "optimized" ride, center console in leather with kneepads
New colors: Burgundy Velvet (= Crimson Red), Orange Fury and Kona Blue
Standard on all 2018 GTs: Active Exhaust Valves
New Ecoboost standard wheel is replacing the old one - Here's a pic
GT stays with black 10Y wheels
New Packages: PP3 & 4, the same as the PP1 & 2 we know but with these wheels (you can order the wheels seperatly if you want)
New Package: Carbon package (like US package)
Optional: Performance Rear spoiler
Optional: Magnetic ride
Optional: Adaptive Cruide Control

Schedule:
IAA 2017 (September) - Release of pricing & brochures
Q4 2017 - Order banks open
Q1 2018 - Production starts
Q2 2018 - Official launch

Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
This was taken from the main forum regarding the EU model. Our model is the EU model is it not? Or do we have an "Australasian" model?
Ours is the same mechanically, although for we didn't get options for the pre-MY18 model, whilst parts of Europe did have some (interior colours, trim etc)

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Note that this could possibly also be referring to the Euro LHD cars only....the Euro RHD versions were different in some areas to the lhd's in the 16/17's. Interior trim, for instance, where Ford decided that tooling up for a small volume wasn't worth it.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Note that this could possibly also be referring to the Euro LHD cars only....the Euro RHD versions were different in some areas to the lhd's in the 16/17's. Interior trim, for instance, where Ford decided that tooling up for a small volume wasn't worth it.

This... i just cant see AU getting magnaride ect. The cost will rise too much.

I also cant decide if i love orange fury or want to burn it to the ground!

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
This... i just cant see AU getting magnaride ect. The cost will rise too much.

I also cant decide if i love orange fury or want to burn it to the ground!
Seems like you two members have been around before :lol:

Long story short you won't know what it has until it arrives.

Forum rules are that we can't speak ill of the 2018. I'll just say it is like offal, an acquire taste that I don't like

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Seems like you two members have been around before :lol:

Long story short you won't know what it has until it arrives.

Forum rules are that we can't speak ill of the 2018. I'll just say it is like offal, an acquire taste that I don't like
Need to see MY18 in the flesh and different colors. Looks great in some pics and less so in others. Love the upgrades though.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Need to see MY18 in the flesh and different colors. Looks great in some pics and less so in others. Love the upgrades though.
No upgrades have been confirmed, don't trust what you read until someone has physically seen the Australian car on Australian soil.

Learn from the mistakes of past members, we literally had no idea what was coming until pictures surfaced of the car in New Zealand. That was when we found out about no hood vents, the dumbo mirrors etc

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
No upgrades have been confirmed, don't trust what you read until someone has physically seen the Australian car on Australian soil.

Learn from the mistakes of past members, we literally had no idea what was coming until pictures surfaced of the car in New Zealand. That was when we found out about no hood vents, the dumbo mirrors etc
We will get a worthwhile upgrade for sure. Just a question of how worthwhile.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
We will get a worthwhile upgrade for sure. Just a question of how worthwhile.

and at what price....

I would love to see magnaride and the active exhaust.. I expect we wont see it.

We will get the dash and the vents this time but i think price will stop the other flashy goodies. If anything maybe they will provide two versions one that probably costs 85k and the other at 70k.. I dont see them providing options though..

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
and at what price....

I would love to see magnaride and the active exhaust.. I expect we wont see it.

We will get the dash and the vents this time but i think price will stop the other flashy goodies. If anything maybe they will provide two versions one that probably costs 85k and the other at 70k.. I dont see them providing options though..
I wish they would jack up the price substantially. Allthough, dealers would discount the crap out of them anyway, in due course.