Sponsored

Whipple Gen 3.... please help with the setup..

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Stick car will do much better with a PD blower. I would do the Whipple 3rd gen. 1k plus HP capable. Run 15 psi to start with a fore fuel system on E85. Crank it up when you sleeve the block. I would not pull motor unless you plan on sleeving it.
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I agree on Centri, Beef Cake with his black Friday sells is hands down the best option for the money. Upgrade to the JT-B that will max your motor out on e85 or YSI-B on a built motor. Both can put you in the 8's with supporting mods. Plus no waiting 4-6 weeks or maybe longer after you spent thousands of dollars is the worst.
Cute but we have most mustang kits in stock and at worst have 1-2 week lead time.

We keep right on up with the centrifugal setups, on pump gas apps we destroy them.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Whipple best power out the box and customer service is always great. Enough said it looks so much better on the engine bay.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
You will see plenty of arguing and nay sayers on here about every product on the market. [MENTION=30439]gearhead2685[/MENTION] will be the first to tell you not to buy our product. If you want to know more comparisons between us and everyone else give me a call or shoot me an email 559-975-3034 or [email protected] so we can talk what your actual goals are with this car and we can come up with a plan.
Awww thats cute apparently you cant read what I previously mentioned in this very same thread...........

here ill copy and paste it again for you. post #4

IMO take it for what its worth a centri on that car makes most sense and means the least amount of the current setup has to be changed.

Keep the headers keep the CJ intake Keep the TB add centri call it a day.

Hell i mentioned a LONG time ago in Evil5.0s 500whp thread that car is begging for the little badass centri that could a cheap paxton from beefcake on black friday sales would be absolutely killer!!

Gee why would I say that? How about because it would require him to change LESS of the current setup. And pssst. Centris cost less.

Maybe you should look at the OPs 500whp NA thread Ive followed it since day one and been talking to him since day one about it.

Even mentioned his car is begging for a centri in the 500whp NA thread long before this thread came about.

:lol:

Show me where I said not to buy a whipple Ill wait........:headbonk:

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Whipple headunits with a custom finish also look great, and I would defo have gone that route if I had chosen to go with their blower.

My Paxton has dressed up nicely.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Go with as big an injector as you can afford. If you build and sleeve a motor, you'll probably run out of injector on the 1050x and have to sell and buy new ones. Since you already have the CJ, I would go centri. However, selling the cj/etc gives you a nice chunk of change to put towards a whipple. There's no wrong answer here.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Go whipple gen3 no doubt about it, seems like the support is better , tunes are better , and the power is there.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Id hit up [MENTION=21672]Slamdcoop0428[/MENTION] too hes got a killer JTB setup running deep in the 9s
JTb is sold. Ordered a Hellion kit this past Momday lol.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Twin Hellion feeding a Gen 3 Whipple.
dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
His car is a manual, centri with a manual would suck IMO

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Whipple best power out the box and customer service is always great. Enough said it looks so much better on the engine bay.

That looks Awesome! I would def order it in ORANGE! Is this a 10 rib setup? Supporting Mods?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's a 6 rib setup.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
That's a 6 rib setup.
What does it take with the kit to hit around 800whp? That seems to be the limit of the short-block...
Sponsored