MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Both are solid choices. If you don’t want to cut anything and want a simple install go with Procharger. Also you will need the D1 upgrade to keep up with the 2200 the Paxton comes with. In the end a PC kit will cost more, no doubt about it. Neither are bad choices no matter what Paxton fan boys tell you ;)

The PC kit looks and sounds 10x better in my opinion if that matters at all :)

Search for more info though, otherwise you will be mercilessly destroyed in their thread. Same question asked hundreds of times and responded to in the same way.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VERT
Pros and cons? They both make the same amount of power and tq? Please help

You can't really go wrong with either choice. Talk to a few of the vendors and get an idea on deals. I dealt with Beefcake and they have great customer service. But most of the vendors here are good to work with. I'm sure they will answer your questions. It's going to be a personal preference though.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I've had both set ups on my car.

1st kit: Procharger HO kit, P1SC-1, Helical Gears, Stage 2 Intercooler.

Current kit: Paxton 2200sl, Beefcake Racing 'Stage 2' kit - 3.6" pulley, BV57 BOV

Cliff notes on both:

-Procharger : Easier install, louder headunit at low speeds. Ran with zero issues once I had a custom tune on it (Procharger supplied canned tune didn't work well for me, FYI). Slightly more expensive kit cost.

-Paxton: Not a difficult install, just took a few hours more than the PC. Headunit is quieter, but the BV57 BOV sounds awesome and is plenty loud enough to create fun noises :) Also runs with zero issues, on a custom tune also.

Overall? I'm very happy with the Paxton kit and would purchase again, even given free choice on both. Pulls very strong on what is a very simple set up. No dyno figures from me, its on my to-do list, but both set ups give you all the power you need to have a very fun street car.

If I was to go with PC again, in my opinion the $200 extra for the P1X would be my choice.

Really can't go wrong with either. Both kits require a little 'massaging' to get them fitted up right. For example, my Procharger belt was touching a rib on the timing cover and needed grinding back, which wasn't mentioned in the install manual. Only discovered the issue after I saw belt dust. Did a forum search and found numerous owners reporting the same issue. Not saying the kit is flawed, just in the same way the Paxton requires you to hammer back some bumper support tabs to provide clearance for the boost pipes, both kits need a little finessing to get the fitment spot-on.

My 0.02.

Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Thanks alot for all your help everyone. Still looking forward to hear other people's opinions

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Very similar kits. How they work, what they do, and the power they make it comes down to brand preference. Paxton is typically less expensive, but both are great brands and can help you get to your goals.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Paxton ftw.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I've had both set ups on my car.

1st kit: Procharger HO kit, P1SC-1, Helical Gears, Stage 2 Intercooler.

Current kit: Paxton 2200sl, Beefcake Racing 'Stage 2' kit - 3.6" pulley, BV57 BOV

Cliff notes on both:

-Procharger : Easier install, louder headunit at low speeds. Ran with zero issues once I had a custom tune on it (Procharger supplied canned tune didn't work well for me, FYI). Slightly more expensive kit cost.

-Paxton: Not a difficult install, just took a few hours more than the PC. Headunit is quieter, but the BV57 BOV sounds awesome and is plenty loud enough to create fun noises :) Also runs with zero issues, on a custom tune also.

Overall? I'm very happy with the Paxton kit and would purchase again, even given free choice on both. Pulls very strong on what is a very simple set up. No dyno figures from me, its on my to-do list, but both set ups give you all the power you need to have a very fun street car.

If I was to go with PC again, in my opinion the $200 extra for the P1X would be my choice.

Really can't go wrong with either. Both kits require a little 'massaging' to get them fitted up right. For example, my Procharger belt was touching a rib on the timing cover and needed grinding back, which wasn't mentioned in the install manual. Only discovered the issue after I saw belt dust. Did a forum search and found numerous owners reporting the same issue. Not saying the kit is flawed, just in the same way the Paxton requires you to hammer back some bumper support tabs to provide clearance for the boost pipes, both kits need a little finessing to get the fitment spot-on.

My 0.02.
tim actually summed it up very well.

great customer post

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I chose the Procharger.

I liked the way it mounted up better. Kept the head unit a little farther from the engine heat, mounting just made more sense to me, not moving the coolant tank, etc. Easier install is true, but the main thing was just I liked the setup better. I also loved the intercooler, it's huge and looks awesome. I liked the sound too. And the name sounds cooler. :lol::lol: The Procharger does cost a bit more but it was worth it IMO.

Either way you go though, you're getting a good kit.

Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I'm gonna start by saying, I have no Paxton experience.
I have a stage 2 p1x set up, and have been told by many (Ahl included) that I am no where near topping that out. That being said, keeping it at stock boost and adding the Mak hurricane inlethas allowed me to gain 1.5 psi without voiding the PC warranty. Further, the P1X is more efficient (more HP per psi) than the older p1sc1 kits. I am happy with the setup (after a Lund tune, as mentioned before, PC tune is doodoo) and now that I threw on Michelin ps4s 305s I can finally hook third lol
As far as aesthetics, I have a murdered out car, and enjoy having a black head unit and coolant resivoir.
Through my installation I called PC techs several times and they were amazing help. Took a bunch of hours to install without a second set of hands to hold some things up, but now that it's done, I'm happy with it.
As stated above, I will also be going D1X in the future, but didn't want to spend all fuel system money up front for a dual pump setup which is coming early 2018

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Either kit is going to make your car way faster and much more fun than it is currently, but IMO it comes down to cost, what you want to spend on a kit and what you want out of the kit. You’ll need the same supporting mods with either kit so factor that in the equation too, depending on what’s on your car already.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Either kit is going to make your car way faster and much more fun than it is currently, but IMO it comes down to cost, what you want to spend on a kit and what you want out of the kit. You’ll need the same supporting mods with either kit so factor that in the equation too, depending on what’s on your car already.
Do you have any numbers for your F1A track or Dyno wise? Just curious

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Do you have any numbers for your F1A track or Dyno wise? Just curious
Nothing yet...just got the car running 2 days ago lol. I’ll be tuning it in the next week or two and hit the track shortly after...I’ll keep everyone posted with results.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Sweet man, congrats, excited to see results
Sponsored