Account Suspended on Camaro6

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Which probably explains his tendency to judge a car based primarily on it's quarter-mile performance. I'll bet the Camaro he has with that 502 in it handles like a dream!
LOL!!! That is a big ass motor over the frontend of that car, no doubt. Bet that sucker plows something fierce.
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
So, now there is some guy over there bragging about his stock 6thGen Camaro winning a trophy in his local car show. Is it just me, or is it just pitiful for someone getting an award for just paying an entry fee when competing with cars that others have put a lot of time and money into. Of course, he also had time to bash on Mustangs in the same post.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
So, now there is some guy over there bragging about his stock 6thGen Camaro winning a trophy in his local car show. Is it just me, or is it just pitiful for someone getting an award for just paying an entry fee when competing with cars that others have put a lot of time and money into. Of course, he also had time to bash on Mustangs in the same post.
I started a thread here recently about new cars in shows, and a few people were obviously offended. I was actually kinda surprised that I didn't see more in agreement with me, since in real life I don't know anyone who DOESN'T agree with me.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I started a thread here recently about new cars in shows, and a few people were obviously offended. I was actually kinda surprised that I didn't see more in agreement with me, since in real life I don't know anyone who DOESN'T agree with me.
Heh...oh yeah I remember that thread a few days back. I disagreed a little, but wasn't offended at all lol. Though I will admit, I do hover around the restored classics more than the new ones. I just like looking at the new ones too lol.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Heh...oh yeah I remember that thread a few days back. I disagreed a little, but wasn't offended at all lol. Though I will admit, I do hover around the restored classics more than the new ones. I just like looking at the new ones too lol.
I like looking at new ones too. I just find it weird, standing there looking at 10 brand new, basically stock Mustangs in different colors, all lined up next to each other. I just can't wrap my head around it. But I like when people look at my car and like it, so I totally understand the appeal of putting it on display.

And I think I said in that thread..I'm pretty tired of looking at first gen camaros (and I have a 67, in several pieces), chevelles, and a few other car show standards. I guess I've just been to so many that I've seen them all in every condition and customization. I really only hit up car shows anymore because it's something my dad and I have always done together. And we always stand there looking at a first gen camaro and say "man we gotta get ours finished. let's get on that!", which we've been saying for the better part of 15 years. Time, money and distance always defeat us.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I had sorta gathered that camaro6 and mustang6g were run by the same people. The layout, graphics and categories are all very similar.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And I think I said in that thread..I'm pretty tired of looking at first gen camaros (and I have a 67, in several pieces), chevelles, and a few other car show standards. I guess I've just been to so many that I've seen them all in every condition and customization.
Especially '69 Camaros. I could go the rest of my days without seeing another and not care. Now, '67s or '68s are another thing, I much prefer that body design. Far cleaner than the '69, IMO.

Sort of like '55-'57 Chevys. Most prefer the '57, but I prefer the '55 because it's just a more cohesive design.

OP
OP

titanfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro, 2005 F150 FX4
What tools! Now some fool is over there stating that folks on this site don't like the Camaro because "it was based on a cartoon"! LOL. I've never heard anyone here ever say that. I'm thinking he mistook comments about the styling being to angular or cartoony in nature. He actually thought the reference was to the Transformer toys of days gone by!

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Don't know why anyone is surprised at that forum. These are GM products we are talking about. GM is the company that still can't figure out how to make a rattle-free top for its Corvette.
So of course they are very sensitive about protecting their image.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL it's a forum for Camaros. The way I look at it as long as they stay over there and Bash Mustangs. Or say the Camaro is the greatest car ever built. I'm fine with that! As long as their doing it over there and not here.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What I don't get is, instead of actually calling the exhaust option what it is, dual-mode exhaust, they call it NPP. I get that is the order code for the option, but it sounds stupid when using it as a descriptor.

Crim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I don't get is, instead of actually calling the exhaust option what it is, dual-mode exhaust, they call it NPP. I get that is the order code for the option, but it sounds stupid when using it as a descriptor.
Their just stupid like that over there.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This guy (who cannot say one positive thing about ANY Mustang) posted the following:

IOMike said:
Since there is a about a 12-15k difference between a 2ss and a GT350 with tech, it's not a apples to apples comparison. The GT350 is a really slick looking ride, but at 57k it won't out perform a 2ss with a set of Michelin Pilot SS tires thrown on.

Doesn't make the GT350 a bad ride, just over priced.
Keep dreaming dude. An SS on MPSS tires does not even things out between these cars. And that entry price differential will disappear as depreciation sets in on a generic Camaro SS.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
This guy (who cannot say one positive thing about ANY Mustang) posted the following:

Keep dreaming dude. An SS on MPSS tires does not even thing out between these cars.
Sorry. They cannot make use of the tire argument. They invalidated it when the GTPP arrived on Pirelli tires vs. what their 1LE had.

Yeah, over priced. Largest FPC ever built in a production car among other niceties.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
What's entertaining is the switch in attitudes...

Prior to the second and third round of tests, including comparisons, the Camaro faithful were proclaiming how every trim of Camaro was superior and such.

Well, now the V6 and the 2.0T have been topped by the EcoBoost in tests and comparisons. The Mustang has outsold the Camaro now for the last 18 months, including 6 full months of Gen 6 sales. Now they're saying how sales don't really matter, it's profit per car and how this is exactly GM's plan.

The problem is GM has done exactly what they said they wanted to do with all their cars: move them up market and increase profits per car. They put Cadillac out of reach to at least 60% of the average car buying public (even at ATS levels), they're progressively moving the Corvette upwards to the point it's likely going to start at $60,000 in the next generation, if not before the end of the C7's. The Camaro has moved up and is creeping in on where the Corvette was.

What does that leave? Disappointing turbo 4's and V6's to compete with GT Mustangs and 5.7 R/T Challengers. To answer this they start trying to hype up the mythos of the Camaro, how it was always supposed to be more expensive and for the true enthusiast than the Mustang (implying inherent snobbery) and how any true fan of performance obviously would choose the Camaro. In doing so they ignore lots of Camaro history when the Mustang was the darling child of Americana.

So, now they hang their hats on cars like the ZL1, the Z/28 and the 1LE as the saviors of the Camaro, and try to hype those cars up to a fever pitch. My question for them is this:

If the Camaro is selling according to plan and is as fantastic as everyone says it is...why does it need a savior?
Sponsored