Not open for further replies.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Did you experience a major failure with your 2014 GT500 ? If not, thats why your dealer didn't care.
They told me up front, and I knew too if my mods are what cause the problems then I'll have a warrantee issue. I knew prior to my modding what the block could handle. Yeah, there was a bit of risk involved. Sometimes proving what caused the failure is difficult but they aren't dumb and I'm not either so if something had went wrong with the car and it wouldn't have been deemed faulty by the mods then they would have covered it. I didn't have one single issue with that car. Problem was I just didn't like it enough to keep it.
Sponsored

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Agreed, GM won't do that if it is a GM part number told to me straight to my face. But Ford will void your warranty using Ford Performance, which is what will happen.
Does GM sell upgrade hi-perf engine parts for LS/LT engines that wouldn't kill the drivetrain warranty? I'm aware of their crate LSX engines, but I've never heard of upgrade parts that keep that warranty intact. Hell, even if there are, once you tune it I know that voids the warranty. Curious.

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
They told me up front, and I knew too if my mods are what cause the problems then I'll have a warrantee issue. I knew prior to my modding what the block could handle. Yeah, there was a bit of risk involved. Sometimes proving what caused the failure is difficult but they aren't dumb and I'm not either so if something had went wrong with the car and it wouldn't have been deemed faulty by the mods then they would have covered it. I didn't have one single issue with that car. Problem was I just didn't like it enough to keep it.
I can relate and understand that.

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Does GM sell upgrade hi-perf engine parts for LS/LT engines that wouldn't kill the drivetrain warranty? I'm aware of their crate LSX engines, but I've never heard of upgrade parts that keep that warranty intact. Hell, even if there are, once you tune it I know that voids the warranty. Curious.
Like I said, if it has a Chevy Part number it will not affect your warranty. Unlike Ford who voids your warranty with Ford Performance aftermarket parts according to Isaac Ireland at Ford Performance and we all know who he is. When I was going to pay $10k out of pocket to upgrade coolers, Ford was going to void my warranty. Plus, you still have to upgrade the dash displays for temps. What a nightmare. Then the dealer I sure would have phuked it up and have rattles or squeaks. Plus they would have kept the old parts and sold them. What a ripoff.

I got off cheap by dumping the GT350

So now you have heard of it. Maybe you ought to research before typing things you don't know about.
ChevyUpgrades.jpg

Last edited:

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Like I said, if it has a Chevy Part number it will not affect your warranty. Unlike Ford who voids your warranty with Ford Performance aftermarket parts according to Isaac Ireland at Ford Performance and we all know who he is. When I was going to pay $10k out of pocket to upgrade coolers, Ford was going to void my warranty. Plus, you still have to upgrade the dash displays for temps. What a nightmare. Then the dealer I sure would have phuked it up and have rattles or squeaks. Plus they would have kept the old parts and sold them. What a ripoff.

So now you have heard of it. Maybe you ought to research before typing things you don't know about.
Lol, no need to get pissy about it.

So, if GM sells say a larger roller cam and I install it in my ZO6 that's under warranty and have it tuned. You interpret that statement above to mean my engine warranty is still intact, correct?

You might want to read the fine print in your warranty booklet concerning what happens to your warranty just by tuning the ecm.

You also should read what GM upgrade parts they are selling over their parts counter that won't void your warranty. Those aren't internal engine hi-perf upgrade parts. Notice it references "production based parts".

Sponsored

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1

So, if GM sells say a larger roller cam and I install it in my ZO6 that's under warranty and have it tuned. You interpret that statement above to mean my engine warranty is still intact, correct?

You might want to read the fine print in your warranty booklet concerning what happens to your warranty just by tuning the ecm.

You also should read what GM upgrade parts they are selling over their parts counter that won't void your warranty. Those aren't internal engine hi-perf upgrade parts. Notice it references "production based parts".
Sorry, people have been pissy to me. It sounded like you were doing the same.

Plus, I am still pissed at Ford for screwing me so bad, so many times. Voiding my warranty for Ford Racing parts installed by a dealer at time of purchase.

2nd, I have never seen so much bickering and fighting on a forum. The fanboys on here something else. On the Camaro6 (website was built by the same people) nobody cares what kinda car you drive. It is just car people

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Plus, I am still pissed at Ford for screwing me so bad, so many times. Voiding my warranty for Ford Racing parts installed by a dealer at time of purchase.

2nd, I have never seen so much bickering and fighting on a forum. The fanboys on here something else. On the Camaro6 (website was built by the same people) nobody cares what kinda car you drive. It is just car people
No problem. Sorry you had crap service with your GT350.

I'm new here, so my experience here is limited. But I haven't seen any unusual bickering. I know on the corvette forum guys make death threats over which wax is best, lol.

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1

I'm new here, so my experience here is limited. But I haven't seen any unusual bickering. I know on the corvette forum guys make death threats over which wax is best, lol.
Mmm, I have not been on the vette site. They are a different bunch. I guess I am mainly talking about the lawsuit thread. That is constant fighting. Just look at the last page and go backwards. Pityful

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1

Oops, forgot the say. You said if you install it. The warranty is only covered if the dealer installs it.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

"And Most of our production based parts won't affect your warranty..."

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

If its just a car why are you getting so worked up about your experience with Ford? You got the ZL1, not its time to move on. Its just a car! If I felt such disdain for a brand or a car, sure at first I'd be pissed, but then I'd move on.

I hated my 2011 392 challenger...it got dents in it by just driving down the road.:tsk: I said my piece on the forums and moved on. Now, I find it hard to want to ever go to another dodge website or buy their brand ever. It makes me upset that they basically took away my desire for the brand, but others still like them, thats their prerogative...more power to them, if they can handle that kind of quality, cheers.

I see where your getting at. You just have had enough, I get that. You will move on and hopefully find a brand that you can stick with. Once you get a bad taste in your mouth its hard to go back. I've had good luck with Fords. I never wanted to mod this 350 at all. My next one, I'll keep stock as well. Sure, we all want to tinker with these cars ( its a fun hobby) but its best to leave them stock for more reasons than one. We all want to go faster, but with that want, we need to realize that its compromising the vehicle and that risk that WE are taking should not be put on the shoulders of the auto maker.
:cheers:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
ZL1 is a great car if you don't mind feeling like you're sitting in a coffin. View out of any 6th gen is BRUTAL.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

Ahh good old CF. I love the OT section. The rest of that forum is crazy. A lot of the C7 guys over there have some serious issues. :lol:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Ahh good old CF. I love the OT section. The rest of that forum is crazy. A lot of the C7 guys over there have some serious issues. :lol:
After being on CF for over 10 years, I used to hear the Mustang forums were much worse. What a lie. This forum is much more tame than CF. I come to this site daily even though I don't have a GT350 any longer. There are a LOT less personal attacks here.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.