Sponsored

2nd to 3rd at higher rpm. Won't go??

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So my car is new and I haven't really got on it much. I am running the blowfish shifter bracket, normal driving it shifts like butter. I tired to higher rpm runs from 2nd to 3rd both times it wouldn't go into third. Anyone experience this?
Sponsored

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
yes... MT-82 as been great for me below 8/10ths but when I push it past 8/10ths it becomes absolute dog shit:frusty:

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I thought the blowfish bracket was supposed to fix this. So is this normal thing? I mean it won't shift to third in high Rpms!!

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Mine was stock, but that issue was the final straw for me to trade in the car.

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is there a fix for it? I mean if I can't shift it hard what's the point???

Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
So the blowfish bracket is a good start, but you also have to address the transmission mount and possibly the engine mounts. Boomba makes a good transmission mount. Unfortunately this will add some NVH to uour car but you can grab whatever gear you want when you want. I did a Barton shifter and Boomba trans mount a few weeks back, I can grab gears at will. I can also here the gear set turning in the case whil at idle lol!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Man if your car is new take it back to the dealer,i shift 2nd to 3rd hard all the time and it goes right in.Either your trans left the factory broke or u did something to it trying to powershift.I have buddies that have manuals and none of us have shifting issues like u just explained.Take it back its a new car.

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have engine mounts. I"ve never power shifted the car till just last night. both attempts would not go into third.

will the boomba mount work with my blowfish bracket?

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Man if your car is new take it back to the dealer,i shift 2nd to 3rd hard all the time and it goes right in.Either your trans left the factory broke or u did something to it trying to powershift.I have buddies that have manuals and none of us have shifting issues like u just explained.Take it back its a new car.
Agreed, I read so many horror stories about the MT-82, and after 1500 miles on mine, its smooth as butter and no issues, other than a slight clunk from 1-2 and 2-3 occasionally. Power shifting is awful

Sponsored
OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
mine shifts great, except when your running it hard..... which is kind of the point of the car right.... going to try the boomba mount.

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
I have engine mounts. I"ve never power shifted the car till just last night. both attempts would not go into third.

will the boomba mount work with my blowfish bracket?
Yes the boomba Mount will work with the blowfish mount. It is similar to the factory mount it just does not have a melted down Pirelle as half the mount material. Boomba has one with a softer bushing in it now. If you don't want to here the M82 working, I would go for that one. Anytime the trans is moving within relation to the body it is very possible the gates are going to get a little more difficult to hit.

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I dont mind the noise, as long as it works!

is there a boomba discount for the forum?

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Never had a problem shifting from 2-3. Only time it wouldn't go in is when I missed the shift. I bang it from 2-3 on the regular.

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
most times guys can hit the toilet too, but sometimes bigger tools need bigger targets
Sponsored