AC went out

S550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Black GT w/performance package
Just found this thread. Mine just went out last Friday (9/23). Going to have to make an appointment for next week. Luckily I live in Memphis and the temps have finally let up. I have a car show this weekend too. :-(
Sponsored

ks_s550

Saini GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine went out for the second time. The first time they couldn't find the leak and just added refrigerant. It was blowing ice cold for 2 weeks. Then I found a neon green puddle near my oil pan. AC stopped working the next day. Need to take it in again soon.

RTmiata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So my mustang has just over 25k on the clock and the drivers side AC is warm but the passenger side is ice cold. To me I was thinking blend door not opening all the way? Has anyone had an issue like that? My mustang is a Base GT so it does not have duel climate or anything.

OP
OP
Eric R

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
mine started out that way.. until it all blew hot.

RTmiata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lovely, I'm going to try to show them this thread right now they are just saying low Freon. Bit if it's low that means there is a leak somewhere.

Sponsored

Jdrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT
Seems like all the guys who report their AC going out are all down in the hot southern states where the AC gets used a lot. From what I've been reading, it sounds like the evaporator ends up leaking the refrigerant out and the cooling dies off slowly, then completely. Maybe the high use in the hot states accelerate the failure - ??
I have a feeling it has something to do with that. I live in Louisiana and about 2 months ago mine started doing the warm driver's side cold passenger side thing and eventually completely died. Had been running it nonstop on 60 since the sun decided to literally fry our state for weeks. Have a feeling that the evaporator probably can't handle running that hard like someone mentioned and starts to leak.

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
mine started working again the next day. really weird, im going to have the dealer check it out my next oil change

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I waited 6 weeks for the back-ordered evap core. Lucky for me I added some refrigerant and my A/C worked and I had my car until the parts came in. After that it took 3 days in and out...whole dash and console needs to come out. Here's a pic the tech who is a friend of mine text me in the middle of the job...the end result is great...no rattles or noises and the A/C works great.
IMG_4186.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ What a complete cluster f#*k - great engineering with service/repairs in mind. Anyone have a photo of the evaporator that fails?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
^^^ What a complete cluster f#*k - great engineering with service/repairs in mind.
Unfortunately it's the norm for this kind of problem. This is what happens if my Cadillac needs this:
48KBlIB.jpg

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine just went out tonight, I turned it off cause I was on the phone. Turned it back on after and there is no air blowing out.
Just found this thread. Mine just went out last Friday (9/23). Going to have to make an appointment for next week. Luckily I live in Memphis and the temps have finally let up. I have a car show this weekend too. :-(
Mine went out for the second time. The first time they couldn't find the leak and just added refrigerant. It was blowing ice cold for 2 weeks. Then I found a neon green puddle near my oil pan. AC stopped working the next day. Need to take it in again soon.
So my mustang has just over 25k on the clock and the drivers side AC is warm but the passenger side is ice cold. To me I was thinking blend door not opening all the way? Has anyone had an issue like that? My mustang is a Base GT so it does not have duel climate or anything.
Hey guys,

I recommend you bring your vehicles in to your Ford Dealer and get them fully diagnosed as soon as possible. Be sure to speak with your service manager about this concern, as he is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis.

Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your area if needed.

Deysha

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I waited 6 weeks for the back-ordered evap core. Lucky for me I added some refrigerant and my A/C worked and I had my car until the parts came in. After that it took 3 days in and out...whole dash and console needs to come out. Here's a pic the tech who is a friend of mine text me in the middle of the job...the end result is great...no rattles or noises and the A/C works great.
Would you get your tech friend to get the manufacturer name or any other information off of the original and the replacement evaporator?

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Greetings from across the Pond, in Spain. 12 months, less than 12,000 miles and the AC went out. Shit!!