Sponsored

Torco & Procharger

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Without octanium i max out at 18 degrees ,with the octanium i see 20 to 21 degrees of timing.I always run 93 oct.This stuff works,and with the -knock im seeing it would probably add even more timing,but i think the tune maxes out at 21.
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
So you're running one can in a full tank of what? 93? That timing still seems pretty high to me, but not crazy. What timing were you seeing before you added the octanium?
Good pump gas will allow 21 degrees no issues.
(Our summer gas here allows that)

And I run .82 on Coyotes up to about 900 rwhp

He is golden in my book :)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
-knock im seeing it would probably add even more timing,but i think the tune maxes out at 21.
It likley does, and for good reason.

If you allow them to add to much, then the computer has to back pedal and pull it back out. You can end up with a bit of an odd power sensation, and well if she doesn't pull fast enough....boom

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Get it on amazon or ebay. I bought a case for 120 with free shipping so that's $15 a can.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
ok, I'm officially an idiot. I was looking at wrong file. So, I made a pull about 30 minutes ago, up a pretty decent hill on the highway. Started at 4000rpm in 4th and wound it out through 4th and 5th.

Looks like 20-21 total timing. lambda 0.80 - 0.82
This is a great log. fuel is pretty good.

Your knock advance actually runs you into knock at 23.5*(-4 to -1.8 is positive) and then the car pulls back to 21*. You could probably run 22-23* with out it doing this. On bad fuel it probably makes it worst. After Three knock events(even the .5* zero intensity ones) you are switched from the fast knock advance to the normal knock advance which is half the speed. You can see this by how much slower it goes negative after these events. evident this happens in both gears. limit the advance to -2.5* and getting rid of this unnecessary knock should help add some more power.

Just as procharger said "If you allow them to add to much, then the computer has to back pedal and pull it back out. You can end up with a bit of an odd power sensation, and well if she doesn't pull fast enough....boom"

If this is their tune its still allowing too much to be added.
4th5thlog.jpg

Last edited:

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
This is a great log. fuel is pretty good.

Your knock advance actually runs you into knock at 23.5*(-4 to -1.8 is positive) and then the car pulls back to 21*. You could probably run 22-23* with out it doing this. On bad fuel it probably makes it worst. After Three knock events(even the .5* zero intensity ones) you are switched from the fast knock advance to the normal knock advance which is half the speed. You can see this by how much slower it goes negative after these events. evident this happens in both gears. limit the advance to -2.5* and getting rid of this unnecessary knock should help add some more power.

Just as procharger said "If you allow them to add to much, then the computer has to back pedal and pull it back out. You can end up with a bit of an odd power sensation, and well if she doesn't pull fast enough....boom"

If this is their tune its still allowing too much to be added.
Thanks for looking over the log. Thats with sunoco 93 and a can of octanium added to the full tank.

Yes, that is with the stock procharger tune they emailed me.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for looking over the log. Thats with sunoco 93 and a can of octanium added to the full tank.

Yes, that is with the stock procharger tune they emailed me.
Thank you for posting the log. I was mainly curious about the VCT. Since this is a octane boost thread I also wanted to see how that was working. I have been hearing a lot of positive feed back from people using it lately. It definitely helps, but I still think tune revisions can help as well if the tuner knows what to look for. Prochargers got a really good tune on your car much better than some logs from other tuners I have seen including what I have seen on my own car from others.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Have I mentioned how much I hate my CA 91? I was only getting 15-16 deg, adding 4 all the way up. I'm currently working on an E50 tune. Initial base tune was holding 19 deg, adding 6 all the way up. Hope the next version gives me a little more.
Sponsored