x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I will take back everything I said about blue, orange, and yellow. I don't care about those. If y'all want another blue get rid of a blue. My issue is with Ford's choice of greens.
Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Colors are serious business, apparently.
Money is a serious business.
It is not so much colors it is what I am spending a butt load of money on. I am not committing to that kind of money if I have a problem with it. If they made a stupid powertrain choice or interior change I would have the same problem.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yea the orange just does nothing for me looks similar to red
Maybe in photos. CO is ridiculously orange looking in person. It's like pumpkin with a small touch of red.

the only thing Comp. Orange needs to be swapped for is Molten Orange.

Guard and Magnetic are too similar, but I prefer Magnetic and would like to see it stay. To me, swapping Guard with something that is actually green would make sense.

This is all a matter of personal preference anyhow, by the time 2016 colors get announced you could probably find a late built 2015 for a good price.
They look distinctly different in person. Guard just photographs as gray 90% of the time. My expectations were based on photos alone, so seeing it in person was refreshing. I could not take a proper photo of it. If I stood there and eyeballed my car, then raised my camera in front of me and went back and forth, I'd be underwhelmed if it looked like what my camera was showing.

IMO, it made the Magnetic S550 in the lot look vanilla.

achenator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Prem. GT autotragic
If they dump Guard they will lose a customer. At least leave it an option. Losing a $40k sale over a color doesn't make sense. At least swap an ugly color for ugly color. TY for GB or CO for GHIG.
LMFAO "losing a 40k sale over a color" It probably costs a good portion of that to change over the color on the paint guns/robots on the line.

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they should dump guard and get grabber blue! But that's just my opinion, seeing guard at the dealership It was just muddied out for my tastes.

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
It wouldn't make any sense to drop the only color that can remotely be considered in the green family for another blue (technically there are already two, although Kona is extremely limited). As much as I dislike GHIG, that's more likely. I personally think TY or CO would be out of the rotation before Guard.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
exactly, but there isn't enough green visible in Guard in my opinion to call it a green color, to me, they're both grey with Guard having a touch of a green tinge to it depending on the angle and light.
I think Guard is gone and a more green metallic like a forest green comes into play.

I've seen Guard multiple times at night next to a magnetic and you can't even tell them apart depending on the light.

I can also see them lighten up Magnetic just a tad to a more gunmetal color. Magnetic just loses the contrast of the black accent pieces.

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
If Got to Have it Green came out I might have to trade in my Deep impact Blue. I love that color

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I hope they do get rid of guard just so mine will be unique :). I feel like a lot of you who are saying guard isn't green haven't actually seen it in person. The only time its questionable between guard or magnetic is when the sun is down. Usually its very forest greenish

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I hope they do get rid of guard just so mine will be unique :). I feel like a lot of you who are saying guard isn't green haven't actually seen it in person. The only time its questionable between guard or magnetic is when the sun is down. Usually its very forest greenish
I agree. The guard is easily noticed during lighted times of the day. And when it's not, it's not. But that's part of its charm. That's the same reason I love my magnetic - it changes its look.

Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Yes exactly I have seen it and it is definitely green

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Usually its very forest greenish
It's VERY subtle. I have seen one in person, before I knew what the color was called. At first glance, I thought it was deep gray. But yes, as you look at it in different lighting and from different angles, with different reflections providing contrast, the green hue does come out.

One of the things that appeals to me about the color is that it is very soothing. When I describe it as "bold" and "confident," I mean exactly that. It is a "I've got nothing to prove and I like it" color. Not for everyone, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's still on my short list, even though my "cons" sound rather significant.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I've seen it in sunlight and it's green. But the issue is it's not green enough and in most lights looks too similar to magnetic. At night you can't even tell them apart and I was at multiple dealers who have told me that is magnetic and I'm like no that is guard and I have to walk them up to the print out to show them on the window.

The other color that might be gone is CO. Too close to Race Red in most light.

You also know that Guard was the color that almost didn't make it from the designers..to them it was very controversial. So most likely it's out.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Like most big decisions, it'll come down to numbers. Which colors performed well and which didn't...

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Right how many did they sell of each color. I want to compare the grabber blue ghig numbers past couple of years vs guard 2015 numbers.
Sponsored