Sponsored

AU to US Tail Light swap?

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
Anyone know if you can do a direct swap from the AU spec tails lights for the US spec OEM tail lights without modifying any internal wiring.

I want to get a set of US spec tail lights and install the sequencer on them and install them in OZ spec GT
Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Pretty sure the US tail lights don't fit at all and the sequencer cant be used either.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
The connectors and wiring are all different, so it's not as easy as just plug and play.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
Anyone know if you can do a direct swap from the AU spec tails lights for the US spec OEM tail lights without modifying any internal wiring.

I want to get a set of US spec tail lights and install the sequencer on them and install them in OZ spec GT
I thought of this too, but its just too complicated and lights cost way too much. That's not to say it can't be done because some users on the forum have done it.

However tinting the lights seems to be another option if you are just happy with a colour change. I will be doing the tint when I get my car soon.

Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I thought of this too, but its just too complicated and lights cost way too much. That's not to say it can't be done because some users on the forum have done it.

However tinting the lights seems to be another option if you are just happy with a colour change. I will be doing the tint when I get my car soon.
Yeah tinting is my plan too.

OP
OP

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
im more than happy to spend the money, it would be great if someone could do this form me

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to tint PLEASE use the Dennis vinyl kit. I haven't used it myself but it can't be any worse fitting than the Anchor room tint...

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ijokHnju9IdnFCWUNEMzJxc2s/view?usp=sharing

Can't remember exactly how much this cost me all up, but I think it was around $2200 USD. I bought the US tails and then had them modified to add the amber indicators and add the sequential animation. I can put you in touch with the guy that did the modification if you like?

You may need an electrician to install it as the wiring is not exactly plug and play.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
If you're going to tint PLEASE use the Dennis vinyl kit. I haven't used it myself but it can't be any worse fitting than the Anchor room tint...
Seconded! I fit the anchor room kit. They are very badly sized, one of them not even fitting. Vendor has offered to send me a new one at the amazing cost of $21 us, they assure me that they are perfect as they are laser cut.. Well guess what. They aren't.

Kustom tint will soon have his own kit which I will be replacing with as soon a ready

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Seconded! I fit the anchor room kit. They are very badly sized, one of them not even fitting. Vendor has offered to send me a new one at the amazing cost of $21 us, they assure me that they are perfect as they are laser cut.. Well guess what. They aren't.

Kustom tint will soon have his own kit which I will be replacing with as soon a ready
Well this will be interesting as i have a full front and rear kit waiting to be fitted from anchor room...:cool::(

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
Well, window tint and Anchor room tail lights going on today. Purchased Anchor Room based on the rave reviews, the day before the crap reviews came out :doh:
I'll let you know whether good or bad.

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
Hi!

I'm in the process of installing US tail lights in my Australian RHD Mustang GT.

Currently testing each of the wires that goes to the RHD tail lights to work out their function and putting this into a table. My US tail lights will arrive next week :)

I'll start a thread about this soon - I'm expecting to encounter issues with getting a sequential signal to the US tail lights, so an additional part (that sequences the lights) might need to be used to make it work perfectly.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Well, window tint and Anchor room tail lights going on today. Purchased Anchor Room based on the rave reviews, the day before the crap reviews came out :doh:
I'll let you know whether good or bad.
My anchor room tint kit fitted decently enough, pretty close to perfect. Wonder if they upped their QC game after all of the bad reviews.

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ijokHnju9IdnFCWUNEMzJxc2s/view?usp=sharing

Can't remember exactly how much this cost me all up, but I think it was around $2200 USD. I bought the US tails and then had them modified to add the amber indicators and add the sequential animation. I can put you in touch with the guy that did the modification if you like?

You may need an electrician to install it as the wiring is not exactly plug and play.
These look great!!! Assuming you are actually using these on the road - no dramas with the Qld Polizi as yet?
Sponsored